Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Foggy - the advice was invaluable to us all.

If you want it go for it. Start preparing now and you'll find it quite straightforward.
Start saving too, the costs mount up.

Good luck. Feel free to PM any questions.

HB
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:33 am
Just Joined

jmha88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Am i right in thinking the applicant if successful pays for his own visa as opposed to being sponsored per se
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Harry, it's been a real eye opener reading though your, and the others posts this past few months. Didn't apply last time round through a combination of personal factors but raring to go now. You're not wrong about costs! By my conservative estimates it'll take no less than £10000 simply to get myself and the family out there. That's just visas, medicals, flights and a reasonably priced container. Does that sound about right?
Like others I'm sure, I've a shed load of questions. I've PM'd a couple of posters from your campaign I reckon are from my own particular force. Hopefully they're still on here occasionally and have time to get back to me!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

If successful WAPOL nominate you for a visa. The visas get processed pretty quickly but you have to pay it yourself.
£10000 is maybe on the low side.

Process:
2 trips to London( flights hotels etc) £700
Police certificate £70 I think
Police medical anywhere from free to £400

Family of 4
Visas and medicals - £5000
Container £3500 - £4000 average
Flights £2800

I'd budget about £15,000 as you'll need rental and car in Oz

A small price to pay for a better life
HB
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
If successful WAPOL nominate you for a visa. The visas get processed pretty quickly but you have to pay it yourself.
£10000 is maybe on the low side.

Process:
2 trips to London( flights hotels etc) £700
Police certificate £70 I think
Police medical anywhere from free to £400

Family of 4
Visas and medicals - £5000
Container £3500 - £4000 average
Flights £2800

I'd budget about £15,000 as you'll need rental and car in Oz

A small price to pay for a better life
HB
Yes, if I'm honest, ten grand was on the more optimistic side of my estimates! Time to start training, studying and saving methinks!!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point

To those who made the jump what did you do with your Police pension?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Mart0407 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had anybody got any advice on the application form with regards to skills and behavioural statement. What exactly are they looking for?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

stevetez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There. First time posting. Ive been a PC in the Met for 8 yrs and did not get through last years initial application process. Im applying this year and was wondering what the 'Proof of completion of a diploma of policing (or equivalent)' means. Is it the confirmation of Police Constable certificate?

Didn't give the application 100% last year due to personal circumstances but determined to do it properly this year!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Steve
Old Mar 8th 2014, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevetez
Im applying this year and was wondering what the 'Proof of completion of a diploma of policing (or equivalent)' means.
So long as show you have three or more years service and competed your probation (which you would have).
Old Mar 9th 2014, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

john in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond reputejohn in oz has a reputation beyond repute

In relation to the question on Police Pensions - your police pension can be transferred over to an Australia Superannuation Scheme and if you do so in the first 6 months of arrival then it is tax free.

Given that most officers have a considerable amount of funds to transfer then you really need to have a professional do this for you otherwise you could be subject to HMRC tax penalties of up to 55%.

cheers John
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all! I'm a long time 'lurker' but first time poster. I've decided I'm going to throw my hat in for this; although I'm a bit shocked that their website is STILL down following the crash yesterday afternoon.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Hm204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Is anyone having problems with the wapol website? I can't get it to load up!
Old Mar 9th 2014, 9:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hm204
Is anyone having problems with the wapol website? I can't get it to load up!
Does seem to be down at the moment. All you can do is wait and see if it returns later
Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:07 am
Ozzie dreamin'

random bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help with what the medical entails for family? Is it just a general health check up or fitness medical also?
Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by random bird
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help with what the medical entails for family? Is it just a general health check up or fitness medical also?
Applicants to WAPOL have a fitness test as part of the recruitment process. All members of a visa application have a medical which covers medical history, chest xray, height / weight, HIV test, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.