Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Old Mar 7th 2014, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/ent...rnational.html

For those who may be interested!
Old Mar 7th 2014, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL recruiting Internationally again!

Originally Posted by daunted
From the site- How many are you recruiting:-

This figure has not been finalised at this stage but we anticipate selecting up to 150 applicants for intakes in 2015. This number will be determined based on recruiting needs and is largely impacted by the economy at the time.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point

How strict are they with the rrquirements? They stipulate between 3 and 10 years. I will have 10 years and 3 months in. Should i still apply?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sure its been answered in previous threads but what level do you go in at? Big difference on salaries between new start and 5 year cop
Old Mar 7th 2014, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Damo-LFC will become famous soon enough

10 years Max mate - not a day more. It's always been the same, last year was 7 Max. I'm informed they do take any breaks in service Into consideration though. Good luck to all, I've got just shy of twelve in now and got no chance. Applied last year when they took the 7 year limit off for 10 days and got knocked back. I couldn't help but feel that was a stunt to generate more applicants from overseas. Lots of cops want to go who are between the years of 7 to 15 with families but can't get through.

Like I said, good luck to you all and don't luck back x
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post. I am fortunate enough that I meet the requirements (didn't last year) so after years of waiting will be starting work on my application this weekend! Would be great to hear from anyone that has been successful previously, or who plans on applying this time round.

Stuart.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stuartt0908
Hi everyone, this is my 1st post. I am fortunate enough that I meet the requirements (didn't last year) so after years of waiting will be starting work on my application this weekend! Would be great to hear from anyone that has been successful previously, or who plans on applying this time round.

Stuart.
Stuart i fly out in two weeks and start with Wapol on 31st March. Ask away but be quick.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

stuartt0908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Harry, very jealous I have to say, hopefully my turn this time next year!

Heaps of questions but I guess he most obvious would be family and visa's. I have a wife and 2 kids, are you travelling with family? Did your visa application go without issue?

Also a brief synopsis of the assessment days and interview process, tests etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and all the best with your move!!

Stuart.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stuartt0908
Thanks Harry, very jealous I have to say, hopefully my turn this time next year!

Heaps of questions but I guess he most obvious would be family and visa's. I have a wife and 2 kids, are you travelling with family? Did your visa application go without issue?

Also a brief synopsis of the assessment days and interview process, tests etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and all the best with your move!!

Stuart.
Stuart - Visas very straight forward as they are sponsored (once you get nominated after being succesful). Got mine within 4 weeks of applying -start saving though cause bewten visa and medicals for you and the family it'll be £5000

Exams - there are books available but i just went over and over and over the sample tests on the WAPOL website

Interview is an interview for a job on the otherside of the world and in deference to others thats all i'll say

Fitness - start working on it now - right now its 1 police sit-up, which everybody thinks they can do no problem, but trust me in a few weeks you'll be calling it 'That bloody sit-up' Ditto agility test, practice it on a wooden gym surface and nothing else.

Best advice is look back at our posts from last year. Everything you need to know is in there. take some time and go through them.

If you want it bad enough and really go for it its there for the taking.

Good luck and remember - the waiting around wont kill you, it'll just seem that way.

HB
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:00 am
Just Joined

MAVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Stuart i fly out in two weeks and start with Wapol on 31st March. Ask away but be quick.
Hi,

I applied previously but was un successful. I am looking to apply again this recruitment.

Congrats with getting your date and I bet your excited. Just a quick question, can you or anyone clarify the situation with where you are based once you finish training?!
From what I am told, you have to be places in the "outback" at one stage in your career and also you move areas often so your not settled into one team type sector? Can anyone clarify if this is true etc!

Thanks, appreciate anyone's response.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

You get posted to a metro district on completion of your training, tenure for spots is usually 2 years, before you can apply for another position (unless you opt to go country (bush), at the minute you can only remain in your district (division) for max 4 year then you have to move to another district. You are expected to do "bush" sometime in your service, however no one these days gets forced to go. Bush can be a station an hour away from the metro area or further if you choose some out of the way spot or a sought after spot on the coast. Some people choose to go country on completion of their training a matter of personal choice and enjoy the extra cash in their pocket.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:21 am
Just Joined

MAVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DM1432
You get posted to a metro district on completion of your training, tenure for spots is usually 2 years, before you can apply for another position (unless you opt to go country (bush), at the minute you can only remain in your district (division) for max 4 year then you have to move to another district. You are expected to do "bush" sometime in your service, however no one these days gets forced to go. Bush can be a station an hour away from the metro area or further if you choose some out of the way spot or a sought after spot on the coast. Some people choose to go country on completion of their training a matter of personal choice and enjoy the extra cash in their pocket.
Thanks for your reply.

So you can stay a max of 4 years at your district and then you have to move on?! How does that work out if you want to buy a house and your moving districts?!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Nothing stopping you buying a house, changing districts could be a matter of moving to a new station about 5 mile up the road in most cases, just a little bit further to travel.
Some country locations have no tenure restrictions, the desirable places e.g. Broome etc, well current policy says you have to move after completing the max tenure, nothing stopping you applying to go back after two years. It is done they say to give "all" a chance to earn extra cash and sample policing in those well sought after places. Clear as Mud I know but isn't as bad as it seems! Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

After kicking myself last time round for not applying, there's no way I'm not having a crack now it's opened again! Forms printed off and hopefully get stuck into them on rest days. Fingers crossed for luck and time to put in a bit of graft over the coming months!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a mention to those that have gone before, or in the middle of going after last years efforts. Thank you for previous posts! Found the site online a while ago and lurked for a bit. Some very handy info and advice from the previous campaign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.