Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL Agility Test - Timing Accuracy

WAPOL Agility Test - Timing Accuracy

Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL Agility Test - Timing Accuracy

Hello

Been doing the shuttle run and agility test under test conditions a few times now over the past number of weeks, usually with two people timing me for the agility test.

One thing that has struck me is that there's sometimes a significant difference in the two timings - often 0.2 of a second or so. It doesn't sound like much, but obviously in the agility test, every fraction of a second counts. I can beat the 17 seconds, but never by more than about 0.3 of a second, and often less than that. Sometimes I come in just over the 17 seconds according to one of the people timing me, and just under it according to the other.

My question is, do they give any leeway at all in the actual test? Do they take the potential for human error into account, are they a little bit generous or are they going to fail you for coming in at 17.012?
Old Jun 28th 2013, 7:16 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WAPOL Agility Test - Timing Accuracy

Had the same thoughts myself. Don't think they'll be using accurate timing equipment so got to hope they're spot on when they hit the stop button! Any answers to clarify would help!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Been there, done the tests....No leeway...you either pass or fail and on the agility test u wont be told yr time! Frustrating...so keep training and good luck :-)
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's pass or fail, but you can't know whether any leeway is given if nobody gets told their time!
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:37 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, what format does it take? Is it like the old AFO fitness test, i.e. 1 minute recovery between each test, or longer, or none?
Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

They have two people timing with stop watches and take the best time out the two. It is just a pass or fail. Everyone is lined up. You do your turn then goes down the line. For those that don't pass, you join the line again until it comes back round to you. Hope that helps
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it helps I have found myself getting quicker when I turn the opposite way each end so rather than turning 180 degrees I am turning about 270 degrees. Although it is a longer turn it is better for momentum. I find it hard to slow down enough to turn and speed back up where as this way you can turn at pace. Worth a try
Old Jul 13th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the bleep test today and really struggled. Only got to 6 .3. Re measured and I was relieved to find I'd set the distance at 24m instead of 20m!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nottsscouse
I did the bleep test today and really struggled. Only got to 6 .3. Re measured and I was relieved to find I'd set the distance at 24m instead of 20m!
I did that too...got really worried and bought a tape measure... hehe

I had a mate measure my Agility test and did it 4 times in a row. 16.4 was lowest time after which ...I sprained my ankle so I hope it heals fast!! Be careful guys and girls - I suggest not wearing traditional running shoes as they have raised soles which makes it easier to twist.

Take care