Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPOL 7 year experience limit

WAPOL 7 year experience limit

Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

crissy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WAPOL 7 year experience limit

I have been watching the forum for quite some time but have not gotten round to posting until now. So first off, I would like to say a big hello to all.
As the title suggests I was one of the many who were watching the WAPOL London recruitment phase and was disappointed to find that with 7 ½ years experience I was deemed to be over the required limit. Not wanting to dwell on the what ifs I put it to the back of my mind only to come back and see that they changed their minds at the last minute but unfortunately due to the tight time constraints I seemed to have missed the boat as I’m sure allot others would have.

Judging from some of the other post there appears to be well-informed individuals here and I’m writing to ask if anyone has questioned the above and if WAPOL are still recruiting from the UK. I understand the London assessments have closed but even going over there for assessment would be justifiable (it is a career and life move after all). Seems silly quite a few good candidates might have missed out because they made a last minute change to the terms and conditions. So has anyone asked any questions or has any insight regarding the above?

Look forward to hearing from everyone

Crissy
Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPOL 7 year experience limit

Originally Posted by crissy
I have been watching the forum for quite some time but have not gotten round to posting until now. So first off, I would like to say a big hello to all.
As the title suggests I was one of the many who were watching the WAPOL London recruitment phase and was disappointed to find that with 7 ½ years experience I was deemed to be over the required limit. Not wanting to dwell on the what ifs I put it to the back of my mind only to come back and see that they changed their minds at the last minute but unfortunately due to the tight time constraints I seemed to have missed the boat as I’m sure allot others would have.

Judging from some of the other post there appears to be well-informed individuals here and I’m writing to ask if anyone has questioned the above and if WAPOL are still recruiting from the UK. I understand the London assessments have closed but even going over there for assessment would be justifiable (it is a career and life move after all). Seems silly quite a few good candidates might have missed out because they made a last minute change to the terms and conditions. So has anyone asked any questions or has any insight regarding the above?

Look forward to hearing from everyone

Crissy

Hello,

It seems that WAPol started the recruitment with the 3-7 restrictions and when not enough candidates applied they lifted the restriction. Suddenly they were engrossed with over 600 applicants to cover only about 250 spaces so what initially was a move to fill the gap in recruits became a sifting exercise and some people even within the 3-7 gap didn't get through. That's just my opinion.

Future prospects? No more future recruitment at least until 2015 and they removed the possibility of travelling to Perth by potential applicants.

I though, if I fail the paper sift I will still travel to Perth - that's how commited I was so when I found out they scrapped the travel to Perth assessment option I started feeling the pressure and got stressed out around the result time.

Check out SAPol website regularly, apparently they are planning to recruit this year.

Good luck!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

I don't think they were expecting the amount of replies they did. I'm still waiting for a reply about my application and I'm slowly giving up hope wondering if I should still keep trying to revise just incase!
I am still going to be moving to Australia and hope to be there by the end of the year. I have exactly 7 years service although on application it was 6 years 11 months at that time. It's a shame there is no way of explaining your plans anyway. I WILL be moving there this year and have no plans of returning to the uk as I'm the only one left here. I have read many people have family out there and love it. Makes you wonder out of those that have been successful so far how many will actually go or have even visited the country. It's a brave move and alot of people return. It's such a shame I am not be able to share my skills as a officer and transfer as the country is already getting me as a resident. Maybe waiting will be the answer. How many of these 250 will pass and still go. It's still hard to get into so they may be still short by the end, who knows. I wish everyone luck though its a great thing everyone has chosen to venture. I hope I hear soon
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:43 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

OzPCwannab
If you're going our there, and will have a PR visa once you're there, you'll be able to apply anyway as you'll be a resident and won't require sponsorship.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gregster10217
OzPCwannab
If you're going our there, and will have a PR visa once you're there, you'll be able to apply anyway as you'll be a resident and won't require sponsorship.
Yes that's correct but the road to getting that visa is very long and I have other family member who have been waiting for years?!

But hopefully it will all work out in the end, fingers crossed

Thank you