British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/wapol-2015-waiting-room-841905/)

notbrazil Aug 27th 2014 9:30 pm

WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room

Anyone on here milling about waiting for the next round of international recruitment over at WAPOL? I was unfortunately unable to apply in the last campaign, but now I'm itching for that chance to move. Emailed WAPOL and they said they have no 'firm plans' to recruit internationally yet, but reading between the lines this may just mean that they haven't firmed up the dates yet etc.

Wonder if any of our newly-Antipodean colleagues who have already made the move could enlighten us as to what the 'word on the street' is reference future recruitment.

I'm definitely in the 'waiting room' and can't wait to get out!

glwthom Feb 9th 2015 7:00 pm

Re: WAPOL 2015 Waiting Room

Hi,
I have just found this forum after looking for a while.
I'm surprised you have not yet had any replies. We are also in the 2015 waiting room! Not heard or seen any update yet but I see they are recruiting standard recruits so hopefully international will open soon!

Pollyana Feb 13th 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by glwthom (Post 11560613)
Hi,
I have just found this forum after looking for a while.
I'm surprised you have not yet had any replies. We are also in the 2015 waiting room! Not heard or seen any update yet but I see they are recruiting standard recruits so hopefully international will open soon!

Going by previous years, if there was a sniff of an update it would be all across the forum, as WAPOL are always popular. Keep checking back regularly and I'm sure if and when they open up internationally it will be broadcast on here with bells and whistles :thumbup:

DM1432 Feb 19th 2015 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11564503)
Going by previous years, if there was a sniff of an update it would be all across the forum, as WAPOL are always popular. Keep checking back regularly and I'm sure if and when they open up internationally it will be broadcast on here with bells and whistles :thumbup:

Did some digging,nothing at the minute something was on the horizon, but it has been put on the back burner for a number of reasons. Also with the slow down in the mining in WA no shortage of local applicants- which is always unpredictable when times appear to be tough. As Pollyana says- if it happens it will be all over these threads, keep checking in that is the best you will get at the minute- any sniff and it will be updated..

Beth33 Feb 23rd 2015 9:31 am

Oh no was hoping for a march campaign :(

gregster10217 Mar 15th 2015 9:15 am

It seems that from previous years, the response from WAPOL to enquiries was 'we currently have no plans..........' And within a few weeks/months, recruitment opened up again.
Keep checking the step forward website, and on here as someone will find out and broadcast it.

Pincher Mar 18th 2015 12:47 pm

They are short of boots on the ground and while at the academy every one banged on about what a success, and life saver for WAPol, Trannies are. I'd be very surprised if they don't do any more International recruitment.

Beth33 Mar 18th 2015 4:37 pm

But will they cap it again at ten years and rule lots of us out :(

gregster10217 Mar 19th 2015 1:14 pm

Difficult to say Beth. The year I applied, it was 7 years, and then all of a sudden, the limit disappeared, meaning all lengths of service could apply. I think it depends on the level of interest they have to the recruitment.

markh84 Apr 7th 2015 11:34 pm

New to this site so just getting involved in some different threads!

I guess I'm in a lucky position that I can get my PR through my wifes visa application as she is a nurse.

Been told I would have all the benefits of transferring my Police Scotland service over to them.... If successful!

Still though, would be nice to have a job to go to rather than having to wait and apply once my visa was accepted!

Slippery Pete Aug 3rd 2015 8:21 am

Maybe next year