Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

I think just one but not 100% on that
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fadsie1
I think just one but not 100% on that
I've done beep tests as part of something else, and that's always been 1

I also found that I did better on the actual day than in practice by a few shuttles due to nervous energy
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Do you know if you have to have both feet over the line at the end of the shuttle or just one? If it's just one, you can save time and distance if you get smart with the turns
From what I saw on the videos it's one foot over and as long as you are within the 2 metre security line when it beeps, your fine as long as you get to the other side perfectly. Unlimited amount of warnings. So especially at the end for people struggling this is good news.

But remember - adrenaline and competitiveness will carry you through!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. We going away camping so he will be practising every day. Much to his disappointment I even banned alcohol lol. He woll get us to oz. � ����
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Top tip.... After the turn really push out for the first 10 m and then turn the gas down a tad. It'll help u keep momentum and set u up for the next turn. Trust me it does work but only try it when ur feeling the pinch. Levels 5-6 onwards id imagine for most.

Happy training peeps
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

R there any girls on this doin the fitness? It's kinda hard to tell from usernames!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

With regards this bloody agility test. Im 6ft and fifteen stone. I tried it on grass and on concrete and except for one occasion was stuck in the 17.7 or 17.8 region. I was starting to feel it was impossible for a man if my physical build to do and it was starting to really prey on my mind.
Today I went to the local sports hall where the very kind chap allowed me to use the hall for 15 mins for free.
I did the agility test four times. I didnt try any techniques. I just went around as fast as i could. And used three different pair of trainers.
16.7, 16.2, 16.4 and 16.7
Im absolutely ******* beaming as i type this.
The non slip surface definetly helps and that coupled with the adrenaline on the day should see us all through.

My advice is get to your local sports hall, get on the non sllip surface and Keep practicing folks, just like the sit up, it'll come.
And when it does you'll feel the surge of confidence that I'm feeling now.

Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
With regards this bloody agility test. Im 6ft and fifteen stone. I tried it on grass and on concrete and except for one occasion was stuck in the 17.7 or 17.8 region. I was starting to feel it was impossible for a man if my physical build to do and it was starting to really prey on my mind.
Today I went to the local sports hall where the very kind chap allowed me to use the hall for 15 mins for free.
I did the agility test four times. I didnt try any techniques. I just went around as fast as i could. And used three different pair of trainers.
16.7, 16.2, 16.4 and 16.7
Im absolutely ******* beaming as i type this.
The non slip surface definetly helps and that coupled with the adrenaline on the day should see us all through.

My advice is get to your local sports hall, get on the non sllip surface and Keep practicing folks, just like the sit up, it'll come.
And when it does you'll feel the surge of confidence that I'm feeling now.

Good luck

Happy days Harry, well done
Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Thanks IC.
It's a total weight off my mind. Can now concentrate on interview prep.
How you getting on with those push ups?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Oh don't ask!!! I'm training 6 times a week and have 5 weeks to get there so fingers crossed I'll be ok
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

You'll get there. Be careful not to burn yourself out with 6 sessions a week. You need rest as well.

My interview is a fortnight today. Not long now.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:24 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Harry, I'm smiling for you! Just hoping I can replicate your times when I get to the sports hall at work and give it a go.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my husband finally redeemed himself and got 9.6 on bleep test and 17.3 sec on his first attempt of course on grass. However I still banning alcohol and takeaways � ����. No pain no gain is my motto.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gregster- thanks mate. It's appreciated. Seriously though get to a gym hall and practice. Because once you know you can do it the confidence flows.

Vikki - give the man a break. The odd beer or wine here or there won't harm his chances. In fact, I'd argue that it will help him unwind, because, trust me, like everyone else he'll have it on his mind 24/7. A bit relaxation will help the mental stress and the bleep is a whole lot about mental toughness.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, and as I said to Gregster. Get to a gym hall and do it. Makes all the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.