Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA police Modified Illinois Agility test

I'm not too sure what you've seen but it looks the same as what was sent to me via email for the physical evaluation. There's no difference in the shuttle run and no weights on the agility test..... Think you need to take a break from the training and put a cold flannel on ya bounce mate.... Haha.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where on the website? What do u mean to include weights? As in our weight?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fadsie1
Where on the website? What do u mean to include weights? As in our weight?
Fadsie1..... Chillax amigo. I've looked at the website and can't see what nottsscouse has found. It's as it is in the email for me and any alterations would need to be forwarded to us all, so chill peeps.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

I was actually hoping that the agility test would be based to include weight of applicant! I am not at all fat but weigh over 15 stone. I breeze the bleep test but will always struggle on agility test due to my size. I feel it should reflect that. Its unfair for someone 5'7 and weighing 11 stone to have to prove the same agility as someone bigger on my opinion
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

I was actually hoping that the agility test would be based to include weight of applicant! I am not at all fat but weigh over 15 stone. I breeze the bleep test but will always struggle on agility test due to my size. I feel it should reflect that. Its unfair for someone 5'7 and weighing 11 stone to have to prove the same agility as someone bigger on my opinion
And I know who'd I'd rather have backing me up a second or two later......
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lol I agree mate. This is why I will be annoyed if I fail the agility slightly . I am fit enough in everything. Guess ill just have to work really hard and nail it. I just worry it is a physical impossibility for bigger people
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lol I agree mate. This is why I will be annoyed if I fail the agility slightly . I am fit enough in everything. Guess ill just have to work really hard and nail it. I just worry it is a physical impossibility for bigger people
I now what you mean. I've dropped a stone and am working to 9.5m per shuttle after a bleep run of 10.1 and am missing it by a tenth or two. I'm not overly concerned but its certainly all in the start.
Keep working at it and it'll be fine mate.....
Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I read the cadet one in error?! Or it could have been an old one.
I was after shuttle run distances. Oh we'll, keep training!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

I asked recruitment about the turns in the agility test. I asked whether you had to make a right turn over your right shoulder or if you could run past the cone, push with your right foot and turn over your left shoulder helping with momentum.
This is fine and lots of people do it that way apparently.
Going to give it a go see if it helps the times.
3 weeks to go.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers mate and I will. To be fair I keep doing 17.2 but I am doing it on a gravely car park which is very slippy. I do feel that on a non slip surface the 0.2 sec may naturally drop off. Well I hope so anyway
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Ignore my earlier post, in the bright sunshine on the park, my clumsy fingers pushed the auxiliary description!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I have ever trained as hard in all my life!!!! The push up is proving problematic for me due to a wrist injury I got on duty. It doesn't affect my in any shape or form work wise but the surgery has left me struggling with the push ups. Paying a fortune for a personal trainer to try and help with this so fingers crossed
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone tell me what the pass is for the agility? How far do they go? The website says 17.0 and in practise I have run several 17.04 or 17.06 are they going to tenths or hundreths of a second? I would be gutted to fail on a couple of hundreths. Anyone know?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

It's 17.0 or under mate. Apparently very strict too. However if you're running those times on gravel, the non slip of the gym and the adrenaline will see you all right.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Notts
Can't see what you are talking about there I'm afraid, still showing 9.1 on the 20m course
Copy the link in
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.