Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

WA - June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: June 2013 Intake - Progress & Results

I bit the bullet and booked a hotel that's so close to Oz house I could do my interview with two tin cans and a bit of string.

Bloody sit up. One day I do it no bother. The next day, nothing.
My Mrs can't make the realistic job information session so its lots of note taking for me.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

They say take loads if notes mind. If I don't end up going then I sending my husband with a note book if questions lol. At least you know you nearby.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

That's why I booked it. Cost £185 for two nights. Not cheap but I stayed in a cheap place the last time and it was a nightmare.
I'm viewing it as an investment.

I'm now thinking my better half, memory wise, should come with me as i'll remember nothing. Another flight from Glasgow as an investment. Only problem is we've deliberately not told our parents as there's no point upsetting anyone till it happens.

Decisions decisions.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

We told people when he passed the first stage but our family and friends have always known its been our dream. I thought we were bad travelling from the north east never mind Glasgow.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Glasgow is the nearest airport. 40 mins from there. Besides, flight is only £70. You'll be more than that in fuel. I've Pm'd you.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Try travelling from Northern Ireland!!!! But yes, lots of positive thinking and see it as an investment!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irishcop
Try travelling from Northern Ireland!!!! But yes, lots of positive thinking and see it as an investment!
By any chance did you have your tests on July 5th. Just my husband was talking to a lad from Ireland.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
That's good. We driving down as rail was so expensive plus if I can't go then we not losing out on rail fair. I was dreading the tube as the first time we took our 5 year old son but it was ok. If I can do that I can do anything lol. Did you say you had your tests on the 17th September.

Yes travelling from East Mids on train. Staying 2 nights then coming back after course. Mrs can't come as she's having to look after little one. Tell your hubby good luck and I'll see him there !
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

I guess that no matter the distance you travel to get there the very fact that you've bothered to show up in the first place shows a certain level of commitment. There were a number of no shows.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
By any chance did you have your tests on July 5th. Just my husband was talking to a lad from Ireland.
No I had my assessment on the 1st July
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop. I was also 1st July. Bloody Maths test.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha it wasn't great sure it wasn't!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

I spent the next 28 days convinced I'd blown it as only done 24/34 questions. It's in the past now though. I'm back down on 4th Setember for interview and Fitness the next day.
Means I've got a whole day to kill in London and can't even go for a bloody pint !!!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like everyone getting different timings. My husband got his interview then had to go straight to fitness. Then got the meeting the next day. I auspice at least he can relax the day of the meeting mind.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
That's why I booked it. Cost £185 for two nights. Not cheap but I stayed in a cheap place the last time and it was a nightmare.
I'm viewing it as an investment.

I'm now thinking my better half, memory wise, should come with me as i'll remember nothing. Another flight from Glasgow as an investment. Only problem is we've deliberately not told our parents as there's no point upsetting anyone till it happens.

Decisions decisions.
Hi Harry
Which hotel was it you booked mate. Was going to go cheap and cheerful but had a re-think, as want a good nights sleep beforehand
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.