"Tasty" jobs in NZ

Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough
Cool "Tasty" jobs in NZ

Hi I just spoke with an officer in my own force who is ex-NZ police (he had gone then returned) and he informs me that in NZ a lot of people would be surprised at how "tasty" some of the incidents one is called upon to respond to can be... He said it isn't all sweetness and light compafred to UK and there are serious gang issues in the big cities.

I now know of 2 officers at my station who have been to NZ and come back, this fellow after 3 years (He was made up to sgt when out there too but decided to head back) and another after only 2 weeks!!

So it seems NZ police is definitely worth going over and checking the turf over thoroughly before making the move for good.

He also informed me that it is for this reason that a lot of the work can be "tasty" that the locals themselves are not either cut out or are not interested in joining.

I have heard of the Maori motorcycle crews and those fellows are most definitely hardcore.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: "Tasty" jobs in NZ

You should come to Northern Ireland. You can get all the taste you ever want lol.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: "Tasty" jobs in NZ

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
You should come to Northern Ireland. You can get all the taste you ever want lol.
Very true, nothing beats the taste of an Ulster Fried Breakfast in the Antrim Road police barracks!!!!

In al seriousness, I have been over to NI several times, very professional very good service and I believe a better quality of life than in the mainland.

Also I liked those Garda Siochana, those guys are smooth.