Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

UK police to Oz. NZ or US

UK police to Oz. NZ or US

Old May 25th 2011, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

sjwilma84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK police to Oz. NZ or US

Hi

Been reading a few threads but thought I would get peoples opinions direct.

My partner is a UK police officer and we are looking to move to any of the above - have tried researching with no luck, has anyone got any ideas?

Would really appreciate any advice

Thanks
Old May 26th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK police to Oz. NZ or US

There's plenty of advice on this topic in this forum.

To my knowledge it is virtually impossible to be a Police Officer in the US without citizenship or impending citizenship.

South Australia are recruiting at the moment so it is possible to go there.

I don't know too much about NZ but know they have recruited in the past.

Tim
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Kiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond reputeKiwijack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK police to Oz. NZ or US

Originally Posted by sjwilma84
Hi

Been reading a few threads but thought I would get peoples opinions direct.

My partner is a UK police officer and we are looking to move to any of the above - have tried researching with no luck, has anyone got any ideas?

Would really appreciate any advice

Thanks
Welcome to this site and to the first step.

In Oz, each state recruits separately. Western Aus and South Australia (WAPol and SAPol) are the two states that periodically have transition schemes (UK officer recruitment). SAPol have just finished recruiting 90 UK officers. WAPol are likely to be next but there can be a year or two between recruitment drives. NZ also occassionally have a scheme but have recently been recruiting from Aus. The best thing to do is keep checking this site every few weeks and also www.police-forum.com (sign up to see all the forum sub topics). Also check the web sites for each state or NZ Police (NZ recruitment is known as newcops)

You can also register your interest with the some of the States so when they are recruiting they will contact you

Facebook is also useful For example, VicPol have an active recruitment page and so do NZ.
http://www.facebook.com/NZPoliceRecruitment
http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaPoliceRecruitment

If you can get Permanent Residence (PR) then you can apply to all States. Same with NZ. Might be worth checking out immigration possibilities.

Hope this helps