Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Shuttle run/Beep test stages and times.

Shuttle run/Beep test stages and times.

Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:39 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Shuttle run/Beep test stages and times.

For those of you currently bricking it over the run, I have found a spreadsheet detailing the times, speeds etc of each stage which I hope will be of use.
Cutting and pasting turns it into a right old mess, so here is the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

Scroll down to calculations.

Hugs, P.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 5:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shuttle run/Beep test stages and times.

Originally Posted by Pincher
For those of you currently bricking it over the run, I have found a spreadsheet detailing the times, speeds etc of each stage which I hope will be of use.
Cutting and pasting turns it into a right old mess, so here is the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

Scroll down to calculations.

Hugs, P.
I had to do beep test as part of something else - you can download both an mp3 file and an iphone app to practice with - good luck
Old Jun 17th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

you can download the beep test from the stepforward website
Old Jun 18th 2013, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

got myself one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-METRE-S...item4158d5b561

measured 20m in a local car park and just did level 9.2 using the StepForward website's bleep recording. uff, could hardly breathe - need to carry on to make it effortless.

Also measured a 9.14m and set 4 cones and started doing the illinois agility. got 15s from standing up. Now to practice getting up lol

anyone tried it yet?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes mate slightly struggling with agility test as im getting 18 seconds.Im doing it on grass at mo as only thing available.bleep test just getting through but still time to improve, however sit up seems to be going ok.All good fun at least im getting fitter.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

The agility test is a bit of a bitch. I've done it maybe ten times in two different sessions, and I only started to beat the 17 seconds after my seventh attempt or so. After you try it enough times, you start to figure out what works best for you.

For example at the start I was pumping my legs and taking quick, short strides on the straights, and I was a bit tense going around the cones. After a while I found that lengthening my stride on the straights tended to eat up the metres that little bit quicker, and loosening my shoulders and leaning into the turns a bit more helped me accelerate quicker after going around the cones.

If you're using grass/tarmac at this stage, I'd imagine you'll find the real thing a bit easier, as you won't have to worry about slipping.

Getting up as quickly as possible is well worth practising. The difference between doing it well and not doing it well can cost you about half a second, which is huge.