Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Wookee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

I can only see the details for 'normal' recruitment on the site. I'm guessing that we have to fill those 4 documents in anyway?

Are there special details for UK applicants?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:24 am
Just Joined

romsey19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wookee
I can only see the details for 'normal' recruitment on the site. I'm guessing that we have to fill those 4 documents in anyway?

Are there special details for UK applicants?
Wookee, once you click on the careers tab on the main sapol website, you will get another window that opens with a "uk recruitment" button that you need to click on. There you will find all the details. Hope this helps.

Dave
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:30 am
Just Joined

This is what I've been trying, and it takes you to the achieve more website where I click on the Union flag but I am still getting the usual 'not recruiting register an interest' page.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

stewart96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wookee
This is what I've been trying, and it takes you to the achieve more website where I click on the Union flag but I am still getting the usual 'not recruiting register an interest' page.
http://www.achievemore.com.au/office...pplicants.html
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Ramone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wookie,
Just joined this site today. If you put in SAPOL into Google, then careers, then hit the union jack you should get in. Good luck.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:49 am
Just Joined

dleivers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the same position as Wooke.

The www.achievemore.com.au website in the UK recruit section still says "SAPOL is not currently recruiting in the UK".

However there is a generic application form on the register interest part. Would it be this application that needs completing for the UK recruitment or is this separate for the Australian applicants?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

t9jla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by romsey19
It's gonna be one big rush getting everything together in time!! Off out to buy a scanner today!!
Hi, I'm another new member to this forum and I bet it will grow by the day. I've already got a scanner but I'm now wondering whether it will be good enough to cope with all the info required for the application process. Same with the email, mine is slow enough sending a couple of pictures never mind lots of documents !!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Cheers
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

gmdpol is an unknown quantity at this point

we are concerned with the medical aspects...seems very strict. Husband has had a knee op last yr following a football injury and the injury resulted in a blood colt...later found out he has a disorder called factor v Leiden, its very common. You need no treatment (just need to be aware for long flights etc) , he is fit healthy blah blah but it says no blood conditions Going to email them to ask but fear they will say no. Wouldnt have even know he had it if it wasnt for silly football.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Lee6740 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I had my email last week telling me that applications were going live as of the 14th but everytime I log on to the website or various links posted on the forum it still states SAPOL not currently recruiting UK police. Is anyone else still having problems. I've even tried logging on with different computers to make sure it wasn't my laptop that was causing the problem.

Any advice?? Its driving me crazy.

I'm 26 and have been with West Yorkshire Police for 6 years, but always wanted to transfer to OZ so the website problems a bit of a nightmare!
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:56 am
Just Joined

stewart96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee6740
Hi, I had my email last week telling me that applications were going live as of the 14th but everytime I log on to the website or various links posted on the forum it still states SAPOL not currently recruiting UK police. Is anyone else still having problems. I've even tried logging on with different computers to make sure it wasn't my laptop that was causing the problem.

Any advice?? Its driving me crazy.

I'm 26 and have been with West Yorkshire Police for 6 years, but always wanted to transfer to OZ so the website problems a bit of a nightmare!
Try the link in post #19. Works for me.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Lee6740 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Stuart but It still states not currently recruiting, I don't understand why the same link works for some and not others. I'll just keep trying cheers
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee6740
Thanks Stuart but It still states not currently recruiting, I don't understand why the same link works for some and not others. I'll just keep trying cheers
I was having the same problem with the website - getting the SAPOL not recruiting message. I had to clear my history/cookies/cache then restart my browser and eventually got the right page. Simples

Does anyone here know what type of sit ups are required? By this i mean are they done with your feet 'pinned' or do you have to do them unaided?
Also, the website says to email all docs but the application form says to send photocopies by mail. Anyone got any ideas about which to do?

Lastly, anyone on here go out for the 2010 intake? How is it??

Cheers DS
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

gmdpol is an unknown quantity at this point

we were not sure how to send documents, thought they wanted them emailing so we were thinking of scanning them all on. Wondering about the winters in Adelaide, heard they were pretty cold.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

desperately seeking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gmdpol
we were not sure how to send documents, thought they wanted them emailing so we were thinking of scanning them all on. Wondering about the winters in Adelaide, heard they were pretty cold.
I was going to do a mamouth scanny session this weekend, but if they want them endorsed then i'm not so sure. Scan originals and scan signed photocopies?? Hmmmm. I don't think winters are any cooler than dear ol' blighty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.