Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Clickbrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SAPOL Recruitment Drive - 14Mar to 8Apr 2011

Good luck to all who have recently gone through the final assessment stages, let's hope we get the result we want tomorrow. ps anyone else's stomach churning?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Lee6740 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this may have been the longest week of my life! I'm partly looking forward to the phone call and partly dreading it!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

TextMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you think I feel! I did mine on day one!! I've had to wait nearly 2 1/2 weeks! I'll be glad when I'm able to sleep straight through night again and not wake up in a cold sweat shouting "10 more days"! Etc etc
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Well todays the day! only hours before the phone starts to ring! I'm on nights so I may as well stay up once I get home because there's not much chance of getting any sleep! Good luck everybody!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Lee, this will probably feel like your longest night duty ever....hold the press everyone check their e-mails, the results are out
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Well....
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:29 am
Just Joined

That was pretty scary opening the email but good news!!!!! I'm shaking! start date of the 17th April 2012. I hope its good news for all you guys too!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Lee, your night duty must have been a breeze after your good news. Took me hours to fall asleep owing to the sense of excitement and relief. Clearly disappointed for those whose news wasn't so good. Hopefully they'll recruit next year from the UK.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all the folks who have made it. Time will fly and you will have left the sinking ship before you know it....
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Has anyone recieved their official letter of appointment? I know at the info day they said we should get some further info but i've not heard anything since?
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Lee,
Please take comfort that i haven't received any e-mails since before the info day, and this is the case for a number of my fellow March intake colleagues. They have 200-300 people (including family members) to process and it's probably taking a long time, or they're simply notifying the Feb intake first. The other option is it been one big TV prank for the ABC comedy channel, our interviews were recorded! Did anyone check their IDs?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 8:25 am
Just Joined

stewart96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee6740
Has anyone recieved their official letter of appointment? I know at the info day they said we should get some further info but i've not heard anything since?
We asked Kylie at the information day and was told it would be around 3 weeks.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for that I have a bad habit of deleting emails on mass and was worried i'd sent it to the trash bin! Clickbrick I hoping it wasn't all a big Aussie you've been framed moment Well the house has been valued today so hopefully it will be up for sale by late next week!
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

oneday86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate that this ship has sailed, I managed to get to the last stage of the process and fell foul on the interview unfortunately. But I am aware that the first of the sucessful bunch will be starting their new life next month. I just felt I had to say that the people I met in London on 12/07/2011 where the most genuine officers / people I have met. So even though I didn't make it I hope that each and every one of those with me on that day made it. So to all of you who did, genuinely the best of luck and I hope it all works out for you. Hopefully see you all there one day soon
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:15 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oneday86
I appreciate that this ship has sailed, I managed to get to the last stage of the process and fell foul on the interview unfortunately. But I am aware that the first of the sucessful bunch will be starting their new life next month. I just felt I had to say that the people I met in London on 12/07/2011 where the most genuine officers / people I have met. So even though I didn't make it I hope that each and every one of those with me on that day made it. So to all of you who did, genuinely the best of luck and I hope it all works out for you. Hopefully see you all there one day soon
Hi Oneday86

Welcome to BE and sorry to hear your interview didn't go so well for you. Let's hope they do another recruitment soon.
What a lovely post you made with such kind sentiments

All the best - and don't give up - your turn will come

Dread - x