Sapol April 2010

Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:21 am
Just Joined

silverfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Hi all,
Just a quick word of warning to anyone that might make a mistake. With regards to the police checks that we will require as part of the Visa application process for all persons over 16 be carefull that you do not apply for an inadequate check. For the Met officers amongst us the standard police check form that we hand out over the front counters to anyone that asks at the cost of £10 per check would seem not to be good enough for some countries including Australia New Zealand Canada and a few others. The new forms clearly state this on the front but you can bet there will be plenty of old ones kicking arround most nicks!. It would seem the correct information check can obtained through Hampshire. Google (ACRO POLICE CHECK)and this enables you to down load an application pack in order to apply for a certificate. The bad news is that you have to get a photo endorsed by someone upstanding along with some ID documents and it costs £35 the good news is that they provide you a photo certificate within 10 days which from what I read is what Immigration will require. The standard police check takes for ever and a day to come through six weeks sometimes and when it does it seems that it may well not satisfy Immigration. Cant speak for the county forces but worth keeping in mind.

Take Care
Dan
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by silverfish
Hi all,
Just a quick word of warning to anyone that might make a mistake. With regards to the police checks that we will require as part of the Visa application process for all persons over 16 be carefull that you do not apply for an inadequate check. For the Met officers amongst us the standard police check form that we hand out over the front counters to anyone that asks at the cost of £10 per check would seem not to be good enough for some countries including Australia New Zealand Canada and a few others. The new forms clearly state this on the front but you can bet there will be plenty of old ones kicking arround most nicks!. It would seem the correct information check can obtained through Hampshire. Google (ACRO POLICE CHECK)and this enables you to down load an application pack in order to apply for a certificate. The bad news is that you have to get a photo endorsed by someone upstanding along with some ID documents and it costs £35 the good news is that they provide you a photo certificate within 10 days which from what I read is what Immigration will require. The standard police check takes for ever and a day to come through six weeks sometimes and when it does it seems that it may well not satisfy Immigration. Cant speak for the county forces but worth keeping in mind.

Take Care
Dan
You're right mate. I can confirm that the "only" police check form that the mentioned countries will now accept is the ACRO police check available online.

Tim
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunworshipper
We have not heard from Sapol yet but when we do i will post on here!!

I would love to be able to go out to Adelaide but short of winning the lottery we just don't have the funds!! It does look lovely though
So are you thinking of not going now?

john
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
So are you thinking of not going now?

john
Oh yes we are definately going!! try stopping us! i meant i wish we had enough money to go for a visit so we could look before we went, it would be nice to look at schools and areas so we knew where we wanted to live etc
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, yes your right we could all do with winning the lottery, dont think its going to happen somehow, and yes its an expense we can do without, it all adds up.
You'll love adelaide anyway SUN SEA AND MORE SUN
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Guys

we received our letter of appointment from Sapol this morning in an e mail.
Feeling more real now!!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Michelle we won the lottery on Wednesday night.......... unfortuntely it was not the biggy, just a tenner!!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Mojosnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Sapol April 2010

Hi everyone,
My first post so be gentle. Only just found this forum.
I have been accepted for the april 2010 intake and also received the letter of appointment this morning by e-mail.

I have read lots of stuff to do with visas, but can anyone get me the definitive in relation to what visa class, how much and anything else the wife and I will have to do.

I've seen mentions of medicals being needed for the visa etc on this forum, but haven't received any information from SAPOL yet. Should I have received something?

Hope to hear from you and see you all out there.

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, Great to hear your joining us, The visas we need are RSMS subclass 119.
It will cost approx £870. you need medicals which cost us approx £500 for our family of 4 but check out a few of the nominated doctors as it varied quite a bit in price we went to bristol, cardiff would of been much easier but it was about £400 more so get quotes.
We were taken on in the first intake which was jan , so were a little ahead of you but our visas will arrive probally together, you also need police checks for all adults, they take some time to come back so id get that done asap, hope this helps,
Michelle and darren.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Mojosnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle and Darren

Thanks for that, I was starting to get a bit paranoid that I was missing out on some info.
Hopefully we will get something from SAPOL soon.
My wife is also a serving UK officer, but she is not joining out there, good time for a change of career. Do you know if we will both need Police checks and does the medical I did with my application have any use towards what DIAC want.
Have you guys considered what you are going to do about taking your medical notes from your doctor with you?

By the way we've never been to Oz before, but we are managing to have a couple of weeks in Nov to do some factfinding (maybe just a bit of sun bathing!). Anyway I have know about 25 cops from Surrey who have gone over the years, most to WA but a good friend who went to SA 4 years ago loves it.

Can't wait for the lifestyle!!!

Simon and Ali

Last edited by Mojosnuts; Oct 29th 2009 at 9:36 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Chris_Zuzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michelle6266
Hi there, Great to hear your joining us, The visas we need are RSMS subclass 119.
It will cost approx £870. you need medicals which cost us approx £500 for our family of 4 but check out a few of the nominated doctors as it varied quite a bit in price we went to bristol, cardiff would of been much easier but it was about £400 more so get quotes.
We were taken on in the first intake which was jan , so were a little ahead of you but our visas will arrive probally together, you also need police checks for all adults, they take some time to come back so id get that done asap, hope this helps,
Michelle and darren.
Hiya,

We too have also just recieved our letter of appointment from SAPOL. As we didn't attend the welcome seminar we are a little lost as to where to start with all the planning. What level of medical certification is required, and can we obtain the visa forms online or from Australia house??? HELP...lol
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, its alot to get done isnt it , yes you can get the visas downloaded online, as for the medicals the ones you had done for your application, they were just job related, you will have to have another medical done ,and they tell you which clinics are acceptible, you cant just go anywhere, everyone going to go to oz needs them, We went out to adelaide in may so glad we did, we went through mixed feelings , yes fab place, but is it worth giving up everything you know and love ? cost of living the same , house prices the same (but you do get much bigger for your money), and the pays less, but weighing it all up we left there thinking we just have to do it, whats the worse that can happen, you try it for a couple of years, its not quite what you thought, and go home, or you fall in love with it SUN SEA AND BARBIES, what more do you need, family can visit.
good luck see you all the other side, By the way im a hairdresser so when you need a haircut im the girl haha.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michelle6266
Hi there, its alot to get done isnt it , yes you can get the visas downloaded online, as for the medicals the ones you had done for your application, they were just job related, you will have to have another medical done ,and they tell you which clinics are acceptible, you cant just go anywhere, everyone going to go to oz needs them, We went out to adelaide in may so glad we did, we went through mixed feelings , yes fab place, but is it worth giving up everything you know and love ? cost of living the same , house prices the same (but you do get much bigger for your money), and the pays less, but weighing it all up we left there thinking we just have to do it, whats the worse that can happen, you try it for a couple of years, its not quite what you thought, and go home, or you fall in love with it SUN SEA AND BARBIES, what more do you need, family can visit.
good luck see you all the other side, By the way im a hairdresser so when you need a haircut im the girl haha.
Thanks. I'm sure things will start to fall into place soon. Luckily we do not have any children to upheave(schools etc..) and there is no house to sell, so it's just the paper trail that needs sorting. My wife will gladly use your services as a hairdresser, and you can cut mine too if it hasn't all fallen out through stress by the time we get there!!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

HEY!!!! i'm first in the queue!!!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Me and my wife missed the welcome/open day in London. Was there anything vital that we have missed, other than the opportunity to meet other successful applicants???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.