Sapol April 2010

Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sapol April 2010

Originally Posted by michelle6266
Hi there again, No we havent heard where, they only tell you approx 3 months before we arrive, so jan we should all know something.
We are hoping for city as our prefered location to live is Glenelg, Brighton, by the coast of course, the commute is only 20 mins,the reason for our choise of location is brighton high school is one of the best, And that is really important.
As far as postings i believe we have to give them 3 prefered areas metro and they try and accomadate one of them, no postings we were told are in the outbacks, They explain all this on sunday, a little advise if you intend taking children on sunday think twice they will be so bored.
Speak to you soon.
Thanks for the heads up Michelle, look forward to meeting up with you next April!!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

michelle6266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you all have a fun day tomorrow, its so exciting, when we meet up in oz for that barbie we all must have it will be the start of our new lives, for all the officers starting the course my hubby is Darren Smith.
Good luck everyone.
Let me know how tomorrow goes.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Hi Michelle
When you went to the info day, what was the dress code?
did people go smart or casual?

Thanks Michelle xxx
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there ,
To be honest it was quite mixed, I would say its not shirt and tie, its more casual, But smart casual, They told us smart but loads were much more casual than us, You have sandwiches and tea - coffee.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

sunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nicesunworshipper is just really nice

Do you think i would be ok in jeans????? but a nice top?????
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Im sure that would be ok , I wore smart trousers and top, but there were people i think in jeans, to be honest if its like january there's so many there you wont stand out in jeans so dont worry, have a good day.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Michelle xxxx
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Well what a great day!! Got some useful information and got to meet up with everyone who we met on our interview day, as well as meeting some new faces! Got to talk to the Sapol staff again who are lovely!
We have to wait for some e mail that will start the ball rolling with the visa's and we should get thet e mail by the end of October! (i think!)

So much to do and think about!!! now the real stress begins!!!!!

keep in touch everyone!!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Glad you enjoyed sunday, you meet some great people and the sapol staff are really down to earth, it gets you all excited for the big move.
When you get quotes for removals try gb liners, thats who weve used good price great service its worth getting a quote.
Yes you have so much to do , you cant take it all in , if we can be of any help in giving advise on our expierience ask away.
Love Michelle and Darren.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Estate agent came and measured up at 11 o'clock, rang at 3 o'clock with a viewer, they came at 5 and want to come back at 10.30am tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not even got a for sale board yet!!!! fingers crossed!!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! Sunworshipper..... all that painting may have paid off!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi GETMEDOWNUNDER!!

How are you two???? i am going to call you both Posh and Becks now!! because you both looked AMAZING at the info day!!! no sleep...... mad dash in the car........ and you both walked in looking gorgeous!!! you make me sick!! ha ha!

Have you received an e mail from Sapol this morning?? regarding being patient!!!???

If the painting does pay off then i will send Andy round with his roller to help you guys!!!!

Take care and see you soon!!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

ozzygirl2B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sunworshipper

Wow, we're the new soon to be Posh and Becks of Adelaide!

Congratulations on the news with the house! What's your plans now then up til April? Where are you going to live?

We've just booked our medicals for half-term at a Medical Centre in Manchester so!

Im gonna get Becks out with his painting roller now!

You take care, lots of love

xxxxx
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

ozzygirl2B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks!

Just wondering if anyone could help? My OH is due to start work in Adelaide April 2010. I will be accompanying him as his defacto partner, can anyone please advise what the costs involved will be in processing the Visa application? I can't seem to find any information on this!

Look forward to hearing your response
Old Oct 17th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ozzygirl2B!!
Our viewers made us a very good offer on the house within 24 hours!!!!!
so fingers crossed for the survey!!! which may be in a weeks time!!!! OMG!
They are wanting to move asap, before the end of the year anyway.

We will rent something as i have to stay in the uk with the kids till the end of June anyway, so that works out well. We were going to move in with my parents but i have had lots of problems with them coming to terms with us moving and i feel very awkward now.

Do you know how long you have to wait for the results of your medicals?
I think we need to do ours before we move just in case, you never know do you? you take your health for granted.

Not sure about the defacto costs involved sorry! I will ask Andy when i can get him out of the shed!!! i know he's been looking at the visa cost's recently so he may have come across something!
He's been selling everything on the loot and it's all sold!! you don't realise how much stuff you have until you really start looking!!!

Hope everythings well with you guys!! keep in touch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.