The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Don't be too keen to throw out the winter woolies...... it gets chilly!!!
Just think us lot going in the following months once the boys are out of school will be having a double winter!!!
Ah well at least it is a warmer winter... compared to the snow we had today!
Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claguey
Got our medical results today.... all clear "waheeeeyyy" !!
Paperwork goes to SAPOL today by special delivery, visa app went off next week, will be checking the mail every 5 mins for the next week or so!

How long has everyone elses taken to come through?

Phil.
Hi Phil

As soon as Oz House receive your Meds, application and passports, you should get the visa by return that day or next day. It's a really quick process.

Dawn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Vicar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The SAPOL 60

Got our medical results today.... all clear "waheeeeyyy" !!
Paperwork goes to SAPOL today by special delivery, visa app went off next week, will be checking the mail every 5 mins for the next week or so!

How long has everyone elses taken to come through?

Phil.

Phil -
We posted our visa app last week -wednesday so they got it thursday and were emailed today to say that our visas had been granted and were in the post back to us!!!!! How fast is that??!

I am just sorting out flights for Mr Vicar... he might well be on the Heathrow Malaysian Airlines flight on 13th.... did you phone them direct to get the extra baggage allowance?

Me, well stuck here with Megan (3) to sell house and car -sold his motorbike yesterday! We have had the mother of all clear outs, and theres more?! ....cracking open some aussie fizz now so that will help....

Mrs Vicar
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:20 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vicar
Phil -
We posted our visa app last week -wednesday so they got it thursday and were emailed today to say that our visas had been granted and were in the post back to us!!!!! How fast is that??!

I am just sorting out flights for Mr Vicar... he might well be on the Heathrow Malaysian Airlines flight on 13th.... did you phone them direct to get the extra baggage allowance?

Me, well stuck here with Megan (3) to sell house and car -sold his motorbike yesterday! We have had the mother of all clear outs, and theres more?! ....cracking open some aussie fizz now so that will help....

Mrs Vicar
Unfortunately I booked the Malaysian airlines flight AFTER finding out about the 40KG allowance SINGAPORE airlines were offering, luckily for me I am not a dedicated follower of fashion and only have a few bits I bought from Man at Netto !
I am also leaving Mrs Clague to sell house and cars and the rest, we filled the wheelie bin the other day, I think I am going to have a few runs to the tip, and offload the rest on my brother in law who doesn't throw away anything!

We just had a bottle of Moet to celebrate and am now on a bottle of Banrock Station Chardonnay.
If Mr Vicar does get the Malaysian air flight on the 13th, he will meet up with several others at Kualar Lumpar for the onward flight to Adelaide (myself included).

Phil.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:33 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nancy
A Check list to assist…..Feel free to add to it. It’s No particular order –

Cancelations:
• Cancel your Home Insurance
• Cancel your Car insurance – Ask for your NO Claims certificate (not sure you can use them in Oz but better to have them)
• Cancel RAC/AA cover
• Cancel all your Club memberships
• Cancel any Store cards
• Cancel your Newspaper delivery
• Cancel Your Milk/Veg/Fruit Deliveries
• Cancel BT (They need 7 days notice)
• Cancel your Internet Provider – check for notice periods
• Cancel Sky/cable etc
• Take the kids books back to the library & DVD’s to the video shop Cancel Membership whilst doing so.
• Cancel all publications you subscribe to…. Marie Claire….Hello Magazine!
• Cancel the TV Licence

Notifications:
• Close your bank accounts or inform them of the move – Ask to not be taxed - there is a specific form for this, available from the TAX office.
• Call your Health insurance company and inform them.
• Inform your Doctors – you can get your Medical History if you want £40 ish
• Get the Kids Vaccination details
• Inform your WILLS company of your move.
• Inform the Pension Scheme – Research into Aussie Pensions. No tax paid if transferred in the 1st 6 months could be as high as 48% if after 6 months!
• Inform your Dentist of your Move Have one last check up incase you need work doing a few weeks before leaving.
• Notify Council – Re Council Tax
• Kids Nursery/Schools

Things to Do:
• Contact Post office for mail redirection - International Available but cheaper to send to UK family and get a monthly envelope sent out. Forms available online at post office website or in the post office over the counter.
• Call the Electoral Role and get your “right to Vote Overseas� IF YOU WANT TO? visit the website - www.aboutmyvote.co.uk or http://www.fco.gov.uk (search under voting)
• Call the International NI Contributions line if you want to make NI contributions as the UK and Australia are yet to have an agreement on this (Staff will explain) Tel – 0191 2135000, as for International NI Contributions.
• P85’s WITH P45’s - Call the Tax Office on 0151 2102222 for any TAX related matters.
• Take a final Gas Reading (Get company to come and disconnect the day you leave if necessary)
• Take a Final Electric Reading (As above)
• Inform the Water Board (as Above)
• If taking your washing machine leave it to Drain for a period of time
• Defrost your Fridge Freezer in good time to drain and dry
• Wash any items of interest to AQIS/Quarantine Golf Clubs, Bike Wheels, Buggie Wheels, gardening tools….etc. More info can be found at http://www.affa.gov.au/index.cfm
• Don’t forget any clothes at the dry cleaners, shoes in being repaired, Sports kit in lockers etc…
• Gather all your friends family contact details in HARD COPY form incase your PDA/Phone doesn’t work/gets lost etc
Where do you get the time?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ink8455
Apparently the cost of getting the certificate is more than the cost of buying a new lawnmower!!!!!
I would be very wary of this "certificate" AQIS only require the mower be cleaned, [no visible vegetation} this could be a "scam" and there are plenty about, you pay big bucks for a worthless piece of paper. The only certification i know about is for ,fumigation if you have old or Antique furniture.............. mm
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:35 am
Don't ask.....

Renters is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha good suggestions, how about:

Greet everyone you meet with "G'Day"
Rename yourself Bruce or Sheila and tell everyone else they are just bloody whinging poms!
Tell everyone how great Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe and Kylie are
Draw silly pictures and ask everyone "Can you tell what it is yet?"
Keep on going on about "putting another prawn on the barbie"
call beer "The amber nectar or Golden gargle"
etc etc

Phil.
........ RC is a Kiwi
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by servibabe
Where do you get the time?
This move has been in the planning since 2002! So I have had all that time to prepare.... having said that doing it all suddenly in 1 month.... now that is a rush. Hope the info is of use to you all. Nancy
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:34 pm
Claguey

Got an email from the visa people today asking me to fill in form 80
Never heard of the thing, managed to find it though on the immigration site, filled it in and will post it Special delivery tomorrow.... Phew! talk about last minute. It was particulary cheerful of them to say:
"Please don't make any life changing decisions like leaving employment, selling your house, until you have the visa in writing" !!"Please don't make any life changing decisions like leaving employment, selling your house, until you have the visa in writing" !!

Anyway, hopefully that is the last form and the visa will be coming soon

Phil.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:19 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

This move has been in the planning since 2002! So I have had all that time to prepare.... having said that doing it all suddenly in 1 month.... now that is a rush. Hope the info is of use to you all. Nancy
Nancy, i do hope so. Heres hoping that it will be of use to the club 150 members too. Best of luck to you all.

Coral and H
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Got an email from the visa people today asking me to fill in form 80
Never heard of the thing, managed to find it though on the immigration site, filled it in and will post it Special delivery tomorrow.... Phew! talk about last minute. It was particulary cheerful of them to say:
"Please don't make any life changing decisions like leaving employment, selling your house, until you have the visa in writing" !!"Please don't make any life changing decisions like leaving employment, selling your house, until you have the visa in writing" !!

Anyway, hopefully that is the last form and the visa will be coming soon

Phil.

Claguey

Hi there,
I am probably not the best person to assist in this matter, as we had different VISAS to the rest of the SAPOL candidates, but we did a form 80, which as you know is no drama. but I wanted to say “Don’t worry it will be Granted in time� I just had a scan through the old SAPOL 60 pages go to page 3 a message from Martyn & Michelle and also 19 Saturn, they were required to do a work reference or alike, so PM them. But have a read it seemed to come from HR. We were required to have a work reference and that too came from HR department. It’ll be fine.
Keep us updated…. Nancy

Last edited by Nancy; Feb 23rd 2005 at 10:41 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Judes,

Yes what a Saturday! I have done a huge trip to the rubbish tip, a run to the Charity shop. Nearly finished the house work.... got a viewing at 4:30 (rental).
I have even gone to the lengths of sweeping and mopping the comunal areas. Not sure what we pay our quarterly maintenance fees for, as they NEVER clean out there! Smells all fresh now!

Ah well back to it.... yep I'll let you know what the AQIS lot say.
Nancy.x
Hi, I just got my Permit FAXED back.... Lucy is booked into Melbourne!!!So pleased. Feel like I can progress things now I know Lucy is going where I wanted. Have you heard back yet?

Nancy.x
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:01 am
Claguey

Claguey

Hi there,
I am probably not the best person to assist in this matter, as we had different VISAS to the rest of the SAPOL candidates, but we did a form 80, which as you know is no drama. but I wanted to say “Don’t worry it will be Granted in time” I just had a scan through the old SAPOL 60 pages go to page 3 a message from Martyn & Michelle and also 19 Saturn, they were required to do a work reference or alike, so PM them. But have a read it seemed to come from HR. We were required to have a work reference and that too came from HR department. It’ll be fine.
Keep us updated…. Nancy
Thanks, I sent them a witnessed statement of my last 10 years employment, I think that did the job, Also my Personnel dept has sent in a form outlining my sick leave, length of service etc to SAPOL, so maybe they forwarded that on as well.

Phil.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:27 am
Claguey

Bloody Hell !! Nothing is ever simple with Government agencies is it?

The visa people want a copy of my offer of employment, I asked Scott where I got that from, he said it was a copy of the contract I signed and gave in to Linda Williams. I never got a copy, it was emailed to me and as is typical, I have deleted that email.
Does anyone have a copy they can email to me or are they specific to each person? I can't even remeber what it looked like.

Phil.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody Hell !! Nothing is ever simple with Government agencies is it?

The visa people want a copy of my offer of employment, I asked Scott where I got that from, he said it was a copy of the contract I signed and gave in to Linda Williams. I never got a copy, it was emailed to me and as is typical, I have deleted that email.
Does anyone have a copy they can email to me or are they specific to each person? I can't even remeber what it looked like.

Phil.
Phil,

Stupid question...but have you checked it's not in your deleted items in outlook on your computer? Or do you empty it regularly?

You didn't forward it or email it to anyone did you? If you did it may be in your sent items?

Worth a look, If now urgent email to Linda to get a copy emailed back to you.

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.