The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Martyn & Michelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Originally Posted by 19saturn
Michelle

Dont panic, my lot did a "certificate of service". I think he would have had something simular when he moved up North. Available from personnel dept.

Duncan

Cheers for that

Michelle
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:18 am
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nancy
No you don't have to fully strip off but I was asked to cover my front with the gown and he looked at the alignment of spine (I think/HOPE!!!) else he just wanted a cheeky look at my bottom So he saw my bare back (pants on) and saw my small tatoo so I got charged the extra £30 for the test.

The medical is fine, you can have a woman present if your a woman seeing a male Doctor (I guess the same applies for men Seeing women?) Anyway they have to listen to your heart from your chest in about 3 different places, so don't be alarmed! - The Doctor is not a perv!

I think if you had one small tatoo on the front somewhere you'd get away with it.

Nancy
i emailed SAPOL seems like years ago , re tattoos, aaH and i have 2 rather huge ones, and i believe the Dr saw it last week but 1, the Dr didnt say anything and 2 we have not heard back from SAPOL, im just running with that. if they want another bloos teat then im sure they will ask :scared: . Blooods have come back clear.

Coral and H
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:23 am
servibabe

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Ang and Mick,

We mentioned about Rich's tattoo and the dr wasn't worried at all if it was done in the last 10 yrs in uk. We were honest and said it was done about 20 years ago in a drunken stupor in Germany - and so he said that he would get it checked for hep b and c just to be on the safe side. It didn't cost us anything extra, he just took 2 vials of blood instead on one!

Our medicals took 1 week for the bloods to come back.

You do NOT have to strip off - Ours consisted of:

- Blood pressure
- Listened to heart
- Check upper groin for hernias
- Check knee reflexs
- Follow the pen with your eyes
- Asked if hearing is ok
- Sight test - corrected and non corrected for distance
- Talks through what you put on your form
- Blood test for hiv

I think that was it. Then we had our Chest xrays done at another hospital. We were given the sealed results and the xrays and then had to take them back to the original doctor who forwarded all the forms to SAPOL Oz House.

I hope that helps,

Ann
Same as us really except H had to drop his trousers and pants and have his gonads felt and i had to have my boobies felt for lumps by a male Dr but with a nurse in there.
coral and H
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:34 am
servibabe

Hi, I called Animal Airlines on that part as I was unsure they said put Justin at Largs Fort as the Importer and me here as the Exporter, I just found out from Justin the fax didn't actually go until this morning, so hopefully I'll hear tomorrow. I think I may well drive, hire a car and have an adventure! Give the car back at the Adelaide branch with whom I hire. I am getting quite excited about all of this..... doing Melbourne for 30 days on my own, off exploring, and now planning my drive across states! Any Idea how long it takes to drive? Hours and Hours I bet.

Thanks Nancy
I will find out from my best mate in Brisbane, she drives from there to Adelaide at laest once a year, and she does it on her own. i thinks it will be about 12 hours but will find out for you, may take a few days as she may be at the shooting range.

Coral and H
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:39 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by servibabe
I will find out from my best mate in Brisbane, she drives from there to Adelaide at laest once a year, and she does it on her own. i thinks it will be about 12 hours but will find out for you, may take a few days as she may be at the shooting range.

Coral and H
try 20 hrs at speed limit, 18 if you dont give a shit, and if your a fast talker you might get a freebie ............. mm
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
try 20 hrs at speed limit, 18 if you dont give a shit, and if your a fast talker you might get a freebie ............. mm

Thanks Mr Mover,
I think I might be on the extra fast side.... I am used to the London pace unfortunately - glad to be leaving it behind. My speed is something I seriously need to review! My husband had a new Mini Cooper S and he eventually got me insured on it - think it was just so I could pick him up!!!
That was such a fun car to drive, went round the corner like it was on rails.... It felt like a Police driving Course everyday
I now have a sensible 4x4 and have reduced my speed considerably as I felt like I was going to topple over driving it like the Cooper S.
Then again I don't want to loose my Aussie licence before I even have it! So it will be a sensible drive.

Ok so I now have 8 hours 12 hours 18 hours 20 hours..... Mmmm

What do you mean by if your a fast talker you might get a freebie? ....sorry having a dim day too much to do!
Thanks Nancy
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:39 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and the missus went for the medicals today, we drove from Merseyside to Huddersfield near Leeds as this was the only place that could do it this century!
Pretty straightforward, had to get down to my Boxers (good job I put new ones on a few weeks ago !! haha) had to "Cough", all the other usual tests, didnt do a hearing test, but did everything else, Had to have HepB+C blood test (only extra £15each) and a urine sample. she told me I had a tiny amount of blood in my Urine, :scared: I said "are you taking the piss", she said "I just have!" (took me ages to think up that one) So had to have my Pee sent off as well, another £10, she said not to worry, but you can't help it can you. Every stage of this process has had me worried to death, now I'm worried I might get knocked back coz of some stupid piss problem!!!

Anyway, total cost for both of us £245, so not as bad as some people, that includes £5 for Special delivery to SAPOL. They have marked all my stuff "URGENT" and said to phone Tues for results, fingers crossed

On a more positive note, put the house up on Monday, getting our first viewers on Sunday, still got a house-full to sell though.

Phil.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:56 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

8 hours 12 hours 18 hours 20 hours..... Mmmm

What do you mean by if your a fast talker you might get a freebie? ....sorry having a dim day too much to do!
Thanks Nancy
Sorry Nancy, using aussie terminology, IF you get picked up for speeding, you can get off, if you can justify your reason. Brisbane to Adelaide ,is about 2200km,and the last car you would want to do that trip in would be a MINI imagine hitting a ROO at 120kmh :scared: hire a iand cruiser. ............... mm
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

ben100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you all,
:scared:
Like I was saying medicals take there time and then....
Doctors sent off the medicals 16th arrive 17th in OZ house and Lissa Borg has sent me a e mail saying pack your bags we have given you a visa.
better book a flight, sell house, sell cars, tell family, re-home cat, sell worldly belongings coz I ain't paying no £3500 to ship the house of Ikea.
Guess I will be going to OZ. Good day Mate...
Old Feb 18th 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ben100
Hi you all,
Doctors sent off the medicals 16th arrive 17th in OZ house and Lissa Borg has sent me a e mail saying pack your bags we have given you a visa.
better book a flight, sell house, sell cars, tell family, re-home cat, sell worldly belongings coz I ain't paying no £3500 to ship the house of Ikea.
Excellent Ben, well done.
Before you go selling EVERYTHING and packing JUST your cases, have a think about it. We were going to do just that, then someone pointed out on the Adelaidebrits forum that the cost of re buying everything is sometimes more than shipping. PLUS people often find it easier to settle if they have familiar homely things around them. Just a thought.

We are not taking large amounts, no furnuture, but we will take the washing machine as I hate top loaders and my machine is new. Just taking odd bits and bobs really, but it does mount up when you find things you couldn't possibly leave behind....£1000 later!

I am Spending this weekend chucking out and declutering! At the same time trying not to make a huge mess as we have people viewing the flat to rent it. Hubbie was rather shocked to hear me ask him to go out - Play golf or something!

Nancy
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Vicar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ben100
Hi you all,
I agree with the others on this one. Dont sell everything, have you seen the prices of some of the electrical stuff out there? It will cost you far more than 3k to replace everything that you sell. Mr Vicar
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received this in an e-mail - might be of interest but I imagine you've all been e-mailed too, it seems like a general mailshot.

Immigration South Australia has compiled an information pack
specifically for SAPOL recruits. This is available in electronic format
prior to departure and can be obtained by emailing
[email protected]. The subject of your email should indicate
"SAPOL Info Pack". These Information Packs will also be available from the
Police Academy during Orientation Week.

Cheers

Judes (slowly going mad under piles of paperwork....!)
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Oh the weekend has arrived..... decluttering here I come!

To Judes - I still have not heard back from AQIS? I faxed them in Canberra and left a voice mail but no response, was it that they emailed you for the Australian address, or do you think you would have got an email anyway?

Canberra is just an office so I am going to call Melbourne again tonight and see if they have heard from Canberra yet. I have my seats held and want to book them! I have decided I am going to fly from Melbourne to Adelaide now. 1 hour I am sure Lucy will be OK - and better than a car ride.

Have a good weekend all, I am up to my neck in things to throw out!!!
Hubbie volunteered to go into work..... smart move!

Nancy
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:50 am
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the Visa's today!! Off to celebrate!! Well, nearly, more realistically back to the ironing board.
Mr M off to travel agents to book for 13th March from LHR. Anyone else going that day?
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsmuppet
Got the Visa's today!! Off to celebrate!! Well, nearly, more realistically back to the ironing board.
Mr M off to travel agents to book for 13th March from LHR. Anyone else going that day?

Congratulations

Isn't it strange seeing 'permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely' stamped in your passport!!!!

I'm trying to put the ironing off, but no one else is gonna do it

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.