The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The SAPOL 60

Likewise thought we should have a seperate one for those going, to chat about flight prices, dates of arrival etc... share info on companies used?
Where we're "hope" to live etc....

I think I already posted this today but those who bank with HSBC already here can just open an HSBC account, pop into your branch, BUT you do have to put $2000 in it.

Shipping Companies - Using John Masons, nice chap called Stuart came round looked at every item and quoted for it. All the other companies just wanted to do phone quotes.
Pets - Animal Airlines £800 One small dog. Excellent so far.
Us - Singapore Airlines £420 (40KG weight allowance)
Sold my 4x4 this week Oh well at least Ken Livingston can't stop us buying a bigger one in Oz!!!

Lets hope the dollar gets a bit better!
Nancy
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Hi All

Because of the time scales being tight and not having enough time to sell some of our worldly goods, we have decided to have an 'open day' at our house, invititing family, friends and all the neighbours.

This is because we simply do not have the time to see everyone individually and also anything we want to sell they can buy (at a good price ), including the house!!

Dawn
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:19 am
Just Joined

ben100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi All

Because of the time scales being tight and not having enough time to sell some of our worldly goods, we have decided to have an 'open day' at our house, invititing family, friends and all the neighbours.

This is because we simply do not have the time to see everyone individually and also anything we want to sell they can buy (at a good price ), including the house!!

Dawn
Hello the 60!
it was getting confusing on the other thread and the pool must be getting sick of us spouting on about going! I am also having a mare selling all my stuff off,
Ben100
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: The SAPOL 60

I have entered a wierd world of weighing and measuring dogs, while movers, painters and estate agents spend more time in my house than me. In addition our friends seem to be offering money forour worldly goods that we're not even selling. I also suspect I'm going to have a closer relationship a and dependancy on my vet than I ever thought possible....and all the time normal life seems to be carrying on ....strange!!

Geoff's on the Malaysian flight leaving Heathrow at 22.00 on 13th - anyone else? Maybe you can meet up beforehand - wives/partners may want to meet up and cry together (for all the work you've left behind for us lads....)

By the way - does anyone know who to fax/return the forms in the info pack to (the ones about being met in SA etc?)

Judes
x

Last edited by gjc38; Feb 15th 2005 at 9:37 am.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gjc38
I have entered a wierd world of weighing and measuring dogs, while movers, painters and estate agents spend more time in my house than me. In addition our friends seem to be offering money forour worldly goods that we're not even selling. I also suspect I'm going to have a closer relationship a and dependancy on my vet than I ever thought possible....and all the time normal life seems to be carrying on ....strange!!

Geoff's on the Malaysian flight leaving Heathrow at 22.00 on 13th - anyone else? Maybe you can meet up beforehand - wives/partners may want to meet up and cry together (for all the work you've left behind for us lads....)

Judes
x

They seriously have left us some work!!!
I am not aware of anyone going with their partner in March, there must be some. I just have too much to do.

Justin is going on March 10th out of Heathrow same flight times (the 10pm) he's staying in a hotel for the weekend in Adelaide, he wants to prepare himself and do a recce of the city and chill before the madness begins, although the 1st week sounds like a party!!!

I have people in and out of my place everyday doing things and measuring! I have cream carpets and they are at the moment spotless, my sign on the door "shoes off please" is not going down too well!

Don't know about you but I am exhausted I can't seem to rest my mind, and doing a full time job, and my own part time business I can't bloody wait to go!

Nancy
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Think the only time I'll have to sit and properly read the lovely glossy mags about SA that we got in the information packs will be on the blooming plane!! My full time job seems to be a breeze at the moment compared to personal stuff and I'm managing ISSP, Appropriate Adults for the county AND covering a YOT manager who's off sick....aaargh!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Some help re your Pets folks - as I am right in the middle of it….

You need to call DEFRA on 0845 6030807 tell them you need
an application form for an "Export Health Certificate" they will send it to
you took them 1day - very efficient!

It is an easy to complete questionnaire. The part which says "name and address
of final destination" this can be just the quarantine station. You need
to nominate your VET so check your VET is DEFRA qualified otherwise they
will give you your nearest "Government Official VET".
10 days before departure they send the VET the certificate - they will write to you.
in the mean time to confirm they received the application.

Choose your quarantine station. www.aqis.gov.au download "Information
Sheet 2" and complete it. You'll need to pay about £100 ($260) on credit
card to apply for the Aussie Certificate which can be done by post or fax/phone.
The costs are on the web but for the 30 days for one dog work out to about
($600) so about £250 for the quarantine.

Call your chosen Pet Exporter we are using Animal Airlines- 01625 827414. We were quoted
£800 from here to Quarantine.

Regarding the VET a DEFRA VET should know exactly what to give your pets!
Lucy’s first Jab was a cocktail of everything required except one thing some long unpronounceable name…? She has a second one in 3 weeks, which came to £60 for the 1st and 2nd.
The next set of blood tests etc will be about £130 (CHIP not included) she has this already and your Dog MUST have the CHIP. The export companies only need 1 months notice so you can get it all done between now and then.
If you’re sending them with Animal Airlines they will fly either BA or Qantas (nice) the only day they CANT do is Thursdays as they arrive on the weekend.

I can confirm they DON’T get drugged and they do get exercised in Quarantine, I am going to stay in Melbourne 1st May for the 30 days. If anyone has a dog in there at that time let me know hopefully I can pop in and walk them too. Our Pets will all be fine guys, I know it is a worry but they will be.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Kimbers is an unknown quantity at this point

First time on this site - What a godsend it is. I'm one of the 'pool' lot and I'm not really green with envy! Had a quick flick through it all and you seem to be a dab hand on this site now. My brain is frazzled and I'm completely confused as to what I do and don't have to do with the animals. Can you help me?

Originally Posted by Nancy
Some help re your Pets folks - as I am right in the middle of it….

You need to call DEFRA on 0845 6030807 tell them you need
an application form for an "Export Health Certificate" they will send it to
you took them 1day - very efficient!

It is an easy to complete questionnaire. The part which says "name and address
of final destination" this can be just the quarantine station. You need
to nominate your VET so check your VET is DEFRA qualified otherwise they
will give you your nearest "Government Official VET".
10 days before departure they send the VET the certificate - they will write to you.
in the mean time to confirm they received the application.

Choose your quarantine station. www.aqis.gov.au download "Information
Sheet 2" and complete it. You'll need to pay about £100 ($260) on credit
card to apply for the Aussie Certificate which can be done by post or fax/phone.
The costs are on the web but for the 30 days for one dog work out to about
($600) so about £250 for the quarantine.

Call your chosen Pet Exporter we are using Animal Airlines- 01625 827414. We were quoted
£800 from here to Quarantine.

Regarding the VET a DEFRA VET should know exactly what to give your pets!
Lucy’s first Jab was a cocktail of everything required except one thing some long unpronounceable name…? She has a second one in 3 weeks, which came to £60 for the 1st and 2nd.
The next set of blood tests etc will be about £130 (CHIP not included) she has this already and your Dog MUST have the CHIP. The export companies only need 1 months notice so you can get it all done between now and then.
If you’re sending them with Animal Airlines they will fly either BA or Qantas (nice) the only day they CANT do is Thursdays as they arrive on the weekend.

I can confirm they DON’T get drugged and they do get exercised in Quarantine, I am going to stay in Melbourne 1st May for the 30 days. If anyone has a dog in there at that time let me know hopefully I can pop in and walk them too. Our Pets will all be fine guys, I know it is a worry but they will be.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

WNS24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people! I'm one of the '60' and will be flying out from manchester on the 17th. (pushing it i know)
Just wondering about hotels for the 1st week ,until we find somewhere to rent.
Anyone any ideas, i would prefer one near ish to the training school.
Has anyone submitted their visa form yet?? I spoke to Scott yesterday and he said be filling it out but don't send it off as you must be nominated first.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kimbers
First time on this site - What a godsend it is. I'm one of the 'pool' lot and I'm not really green with envy! Had a quick flick through it all and you seem to be a dab hand on this site now. My brain is frazzled and I'm completely confused as to what I do and don't have to do with the animals. Can you help me?

I've just started and followed Nancy's advice - it falls into place once you start -honest. Contact Defra and request the forms, then get the Aussie forms printed off and complete, then visit your vet - mine was pretty clued up and knows what vaccinations NOT to give your dog(apparently one they give them here can affect blood test results and mean you have to wait six months). Get your dog/cat microchipped though - they ask for the chip number on the very first form you have to complete!

http://www.animalairlines.co.uk seem good and highly recommended. You'll have fun wieghing and measuring your pet too...hee hee! Good luck splashing in the pool!
Judes
x
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:11 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WNS24
Hello people! I'm one of the '60' and will be flying out from manchester on the 17th. (pushing it i know)
Has anyone submitted their visa form yet?? I spoke to Scott yesterday and he said be filling it out but don't send it off as you must be nominated first.
A room has been reserved at the training school for everyone of the 60 recruits, it is $15 per day B+B and there is on site pool, gym, tennis court footie ground etc, much cheaper than a hotel, obviously if you are going with family that's a different kettle of fish !
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:17 pm
Claguey

To anyone going on the Manchester or Heathrow flight with Malaysia air on the 13th, we arrive at KL at approximately the same time, no doubt we will be easy to spot, we will all be pale, wide eyed and confused! see you all in KL for a few tinnies.

Phil.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:26 pm
Claguey

Originally Posted by WNS24
Have you had the emails with the 4 documents attached?
119 SAPOL appl request.doc
credit_card.pdf
SAPOL visa cover checklist doc
119 SAPOL Appl Attachment A doc

The first one is your nomination confirmation
the second one is the credit card mandate
the third one is the checklist nomination form that you send off with your 47ES and the last one tells you what documentation you need to send.

Read all of these CAREFULLY ! there are all sorts of bits you need to send off. I got my copy documentation signed by one of the CPS barristers at work (free )

I would hate for there to be a problem days before we go, I'm sending mine in on Thursday.

Phil.
PS sorry to do 3 in a row, but keep on forgetting things (head is a shed)
Old Feb 15th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claguey
Have you had the emails with the 4 documents attached?
119 SAPOL appl request.doc
credit_card.pdf
SAPOL visa cover checklist doc
119 SAPOL Appl Attachment A doc

The first one is your nomination confirmation
the second one is the credit card mandate
the third one is the checklist nomination form that you send off with your 47ES and the last one tells you what documentation you need to send.

Read all of these CAREFULLY ! there are all sorts of bits you need to send off. I got my copy documentation signed by one of the CPS barristers at work (free )

I would hate for there to be a problem days before we go, I'm sending mine in on Thursday.

Phil.
PS sorry to do 3 in a row, but keep on forgetting things (head is a shed)
Hi Phil

We sent our application at the end of January and our visa's were returned in just over a week.

In the application it doesn't ask for your original passports, but do send them because we contacted immigration a few days after we sent in our application and our case officer asked us to forward our passports, prove of employment for the past 3 years and include a self addressed special delivery envelope (watch out it gave me quite a surprise at the P.O £4.50). Little did we know that it was to put the visa's in them.

It was a really quick process.

Dawn
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:10 pm
Claguey

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi Phil

We sent our application at the end of January and our visa's were returned in just over a week.

In the application it doesn't ask for your original passports, but do send them because we contacted immigration a few days after we sent in our application and our case officer asked us to forward our passports, prove of employment for the past 3 years and include a self addressed special delivery envelope (watch out it gave me quite a surprise at the P.O £4.50). Little did we know that it was to put the visa's in them.

It was a really quick process.

Dawn
Thanks Dawn, hopefully mine will be as quick as yours, got the medicals on Thursday (hope everything is OK!! and they don't discover the wooden leg!)

Phil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.