Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Gibraltar Police 2014

Royal Gibraltar Police 2014

Old Nov 16th 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Oscar24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal Gibraltar Police 2014

Good Evening all.

I have just applied to become a Constable with RGP and wondered if anyone on here was already in or has applied?

Regards

Stay safe out there!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Gibraltar Police 2014

I would be interested in the RGP. Their recruitment site suggests that they are closed to new applicants at the moment. I was also under the impression that those applying would have to start at the bottom of the pay scale again. Is this correct?
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Oscar24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes just closed unfortunately. Yes they would as no transfer opportunity. As I understand it anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah likewise i applied. Maybe too much to bear financially though due to requirement to live in Gib. Still thinking ot over
Old Nov 21st 2014, 2:27 am
Just Joined

I realise money is not everything especially if the location is great but i have worked out that after income tax (yes they have it) and national insurance or Social insurance as they call it a new recruit will be on take home pay of £1730 per month. Thats without paying any pension contribution which i am not sure is a contributary one or not.

£700 less a month than i earn already. When you take into account the cheapest one bedroom flat/apartment on the rock is £850 a month its not a fabulous lifestyle for an ex pat. Good for locals who live at home but not for me unfortunately.

Golfer24
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

robcatterz90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely on a joint household income it is do-able?

And have you taken into account how the wage rises every year? And plus shift allowance for working nights etc?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Salary is fixed at 32k for 5 years. I am single applicant so the joint income would not work.

If I was starting out I would definitely have done it as the climate and social life is very good there. However being top rate pc it's too much of a drop to have anything left to enjoy it with.
Old May 14th 2015, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

melly2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,i Wonder if anyone can help me out..does anybody know if you have to be resident or have lived in gibraltar for more than 3 years to be able to recruit for RGP? Also i Would like to know if my spanish A levels (bachillerato)Would be equivalent to english A levels?Thanks.