Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

I've got a skype interview coming up which surprised me. Still lots to think about if i get any further.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Gigmole is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
I've got a skype interview coming up which surprised me. Still lots to think about if i get any further.
Exciting times. Good luck with it, I never went for it in the end.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gigmole
Exciting times. Good luck with it, I never went for it in the end.
The wages and conditions would have to be right and the wife would need to find work.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Skype interview last night. Competency based very similar to UK interviews. Chief Supt, Chief Insp and HR officer. No low bowlers at all. Find out 7 - 10 days.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Newcastle3767 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have mine today! Am hoping it will be as you describe. Best of luck.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hello folks

Well I passed the interview (despite my cat attacking my leg during the interview! She's got dementia) and I've been offered a job which, after a lot of deliberation and research, I'm going to accept. My force don't do career breaks anymore so I have to resign with 17 and a half years service. My wife is coming too so she will obviously have to find a job but even a reasonably well paid one will mean we can live relatively comfortably.

It's a huge risk but if we don't do it now, we never will. Both our respective sets of parents are pushing 80 although in good health. I know some on here will think I'm mad but I need the change and escape from my force or I WILL go mad.

We have a safety net of my wife's employer keeping her job open for a year and my HR making the right noises about preferential re-joining.

I read all the 2011 thread postings and can only hope there have been some changes. With 50%+ of the RCIPS ex-pats then it can't be ALL bad!

To all my colleagues in the ever thininning blue line, stay safe.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Well done Jamesy.

I passed the interview also and have been given a start date in January 2018, which I won’t make due to needing to finish off my service with current force - pension reasons!

Have you got the same start date? Having spoken to their HR it seems a few are struggling to make that date so they are considering having a later start date for some.

I have been looking for a point of contact out there to chat about logistics but not found anyone yet.

Best of luck and hope to see you out there.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Anyone else successful in recent recruitment to RCIPS?

Would be good to make contact to discuss logistics if anyone is keen to do so.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

ThatchersBritain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newcastle3767
Well done Jamesy.

I passed the interview also and have been given a start date in January 2018, which I won’t make due to needing to finish off my service with current force - pension reasons!

Have you got the same start date? Having spoken to their HR it seems a few are struggling to make that date so they are considering having a later start date for some.

I have been looking for a point of contact out there to chat about logistics but not found anyone yet.

Best of luck and hope to see you out there.
Hello Newcastle, I'm in the exact same position as you. Been offered start date of 15th January but won't quite have retired from my home force by then so need a later start date.

I'm hoping a later date can be arranged as I'm keen to take up the post. Glad to hear I'm not alone � ����

Originally Posted by Newcastle3767
Anyone else successful in recent recruitment to RCIPS?

Would be good to make contact to discuss logistics if anyone is keen to do so.
Newcastle, I'd be happy to make contact. I'm new to the Expats Forum and I believe I need to make 3 posts before I can message you (could be more?) I will need to post again

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
Hello folks

Well I passed the interview (despite my cat attacking my leg during the interview! She's got dementia) and I've been offered a job which, after a lot of deliberation and research, I'm going to accept. My force don't do career breaks anymore so I have to resign with 17 and a half years service. My wife is coming too so she will obviously have to find a job but even a reasonably well paid one will mean we can live relatively comfortably.

It's a huge risk but if we don't do it now, we never will. Both our respective sets of parents are pushing 80 although in good health. I know some on here will think I'm mad but I need the change and escape from my force or I WILL go mad.

We have a safety net of my wife's employer keeping her job open for a year and my HR making the right noises about preferential re-joining.

I read all the 2011 thread postings and can only hope there have been some changes. With 50%+ of the RCIPS ex-pats then it can't be ALL bad!

To all my colleagues in the ever thininning blue line, stay safe.
Jamesy, congratulations on getting the job. Hope to see you out in Cayman next year. As I've explained to Newcastle, I can't make the January start date so hoping for a later one. If not I won't be able to take up the offer which would be a real shame. Ive done a lot of research and am ignoring all the naysayers. I think it will be a rewarding experience and an adventure.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 28th 2017 at 6:58 pm. Reason: Posts merged - it's really not on to post just to access our PM system.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Rach1887 is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening,

I have also passed selection and have had a career break agreed by my force which is nice as a safety net. I think we know each other already Newcastle! I have a friend already serving with RCIPs so have some insider info. Looking forward to seeing you all in Jan (or later!)

Rach
Old Nov 29th 2017, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ThatchersBritain
Hello Newcastle, I'm in the exact same position as you. Been offered start date of 15th January but won't quite have retired from my home force by then so need a later start date.

I'm hoping a later date can be arranged as I'm keen to take up the post. Glad to hear I'm not alone � ����

Newcastle, I'd be happy to make contact. I'm new to the Expats Forum and I believe I need to make 3 posts before I can message you (could be more?) I will need to post again

Jamesy, congratulations on getting the job. Hope to see you out in Cayman next year. As I've explained to Newcastle, I can't make the January start date so hoping for a later one. If not I won't be able to take up the offer which would be a real shame. Ive done a lot of research and am ignoring all the naysayers. I think it will be a rewarding experience and an adventure.
I note admin has merged my three posts as quote "it's really not on to post just to access our PM system" Bit harsh seeing as I am likely to be moving 7,500 miles in the new year to take up a post with RCIPS and am keen to make a few contacts. That's hardly posting just to access the PM system. Each post I made was an individual reply addressing the original posters question. I don't particularly want to make my personal details public on here, surely the PM system is there to help would be expats in our position? Any chance of unmerging my posts?
Old Nov 29th 2017, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Rach1887 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure some of you have found it already, my friend recommends Ecay as a useful site for cars and rentals....... I think accomodation is my main concern
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I note admin has merged my three posts as quote "it's really not on to post just to access our PM system" Bit harsh seeing as I am likely to be moving 7,500 miles in the new year to take up a post with RCIPS and am keen to make a few contacts. That's hardly posting just to access the PM system. Each post I made was an individual reply addressing the original posters question. I don't particularly want to make my personal details public on here, surely the PM system is there to help would be expats in our position? Any chance of unmerging my posts?
Nope, sorry. The 3 posts minimum for the PM system is in place for a reason. The PM system is meant for established members to contact each other so when newbies who haven't contributed or joined in properly post just to use it, we don't allow that.

You can easily email members instead if they have that option enabled, so try that instead.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for explaining that. I'm obviously new to the forum and had read your FAQ's re PM which states "Only registered members who have made at least 3, or more, legitimate posts may access the Private Messaging system. Any posts that are made that contain gibberish or "empty" in order to get to three posts quickly will be removed. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this rule is in place in order to protect members from unsolicited spam." You may want to update your advice as my posts were not gibberish or empty and I clearly not a spammer.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for explaining that. I'm obviously new to the forum and had read your FAQ's re PM which states "Only registered members who have made at least 3, or more, legitimate posts may access the Private Messaging system. Any posts that are made that contain gibberish or "empty" in order to get to three posts quickly will be removed. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this rule is in place in order to protect members from unsolicited spam." You may want to update your advice as my posts were not gibberish or empty and I clearly not a spammer.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it needs updating personally, it clearly states legitimate posts are allowed - given that 2 of your posts were to the same person (when normally you'd just reply once to someone, or even use the multi-quote feature and reply to everyone in one go, as most do) meant that IMO they weren't legitimate and were only to access the PM system (as you admitted).

But on the plus side, at least me explaining all this has meant you have now got 3 genuine posts under your belt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.