Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Michael Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police II

Couldn't agree more with JH21. Keep up the good work pal

I knew it would take a Yorkshireman to put this thread in it's place.

Bulldog..whoever you are. Talk to someone if you're not happy. That's what friends are for. Always together, never apart, maybe by distance, but not by heart..!

As for anyone else contemplating joining us in THE CARIBBEAN..then do as I did. Read the threads, put them in perspective and go with your instincts. It may just be the best thing you ever did. Would you rather live the rest of your life saying 'What if..?' As that great philosopher Charles NIKE once said..'Just Do it..' Whinge afterwards if you want but don't be mislead by others.

Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow..!

Be happy folks..it's far less stressful. Touch meh..!

Respect
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

jackhorner21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stooky
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

BULLDOG is an unknown quantity at this point

a'up
I was not not being nasty about the rcip - i was merely viewing my opinion stating I am nor sure about the move - don't get me wrong - think the people are lovley and as that non police person said the island people are so polite and even the kids love police here - the job is a piece of cake and ANYONE can do it (you see that point) there are some locals that i woud l say are streets ahead ..but already i have heard 'do you know who i am?' - like i sit on the fence and carry out my role professionally - the locals think that their relationship with someone allows them to get away with offences. One caribbean female I was on patrol with the otehr day ws not liked by a local and threatened to 'sent you home'
you guys I came with are great though and fun and i think we can change all this corruption and laziness amougst the ranks
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Chastity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BULLDOG
a'up
I was not not being nasty about the rcip - i was merely viewing my opinion stating I am nor sure about the move - don't get me wrong - think the people are lovley and as that non police person said the island people are so polite and even the kids love police here - the job is a piece of cake and ANYONE can do it (you see that point) there are some locals that i woud l say are streets ahead ..but already i have heard 'do you know who i am?' - like i sit on the fence and carry out my role professionally - the locals think that their relationship with someone allows them to get away with offences. One caribbean female I was on patrol with the otehr day ws not liked by a local and threatened to 'sent you home'
you guys I came with are great though and fun and i think we can change all this corruption and laziness amougst the ranks
It's interesting that the new recruits have differing views. I nearly went. Bulldog try NZ! I'm nearly there!.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Michael Bob is an unknown quantity at this point

Bulldog.. It is very reassuring to hear that it's not the new folk that you are disgruntled with and I know you did say that in your original text. However..You must appreciate that to post a comment like that on this type of forum could have been deemed to be devisive and disruptive. It has caused much discussion and speculation amongst many and I really think it's time we all sat down and shared our worries so that no one person feels isolated or frustrated by what they encounter on a daily basis.

Each contributor to the forum has their own agenda and their own private thoughts about what's happening but it's a process of change that WILL eventually pay dividends not only for the residents but also the employees of RCIP. There is a vision..a realistic vision but it's a long way from becoming reality. That much is accepted by all that are seeking to improve but that should not stop us working towards it that goal.

A process of change requires consistent and repeated actions..One small dip in the water will not affect the impurity. As Aristotle once said:;

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"

It is the entrenched 'habits' that we need to change to achieve excellence but that isn't going to happen over night..and maybe, realistically, not in the time that we are employed by RCIPS. Despite that last poignant thought it should never stop us performing to our strengths. Keep up YOUR hard work and do not forget that friends are like stars.. You may never always see them, but you know that they are always there..

Discuss
Old Nov 24th 2006, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

FunLad is an unknown quantity at this point

MB,

You need to get out more, what we have now is no different from what others had several years ago. Nothing changes and nothing will.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Govt Worker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading these comments for some time now and I now feel it time that a Caymanian Government Worker has some input. Many of the comments aired here could be true of many Government Departments. A big problem is the fact that there are many unemployed Caymanians. Caymanians feel ignored in the work place when Expats come here and take the jobs away from them it creates resentment. Caymanians are overlooked for promotion also. They say that expats have the experience yet how can we get experience when we cannot get the jobs? The Expats come here to make money and they do not contibute to the Islands. They are here to make the quick bucks in the sun. I understand that a few are needed to fill some top positions but when you expats are here please train the Caymanians so that they can fill those jobs when you leave.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

FunLad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Govt Worker
I have been reading these comments for some time now and I now feel it time that a Caymanian Government Worker has some input. Many of the comments aired here could be true of many Government Departments. A big problem is the fact that there are many unemployed Caymanians. Caymanians feel ignored in the work place when Expats come here and take the jobs away from them it creates resentment. Caymanians are overlooked for promotion also. They say that expats have the experience yet how can we get experience when we cannot get the jobs? The Expats come here to make money and they do not contibute to the Islands. They are here to make the quick bucks in the sun. I understand that a few are needed to fill some top positions but when you expats are here please train the Caymanians so that they can fill those jobs when you leave.
Course we do, we buy cars, rent property, buy food just like the locals. What do locals contribute that we don't?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Govt Worker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FunLad
Course we do, we buy cars, rent property, buy food just like the locals. What do locals contribute that we don't?
This is exactly what I mean, you only contribute in spending a few of your dollars? To contribute means more than spending, any Caymanian doing your job would be spending those same dollars.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

cymru craig is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the 100th post on this discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:09 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Govt Worker
Caymanian Government Worker
Is that an Oxymoron?

Ps Craig 100 posts plus 131 on the first thread
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pat Butcher
Is that an Oxymoron?

Ps Craig 100 posts plus 131 on the first thread

Dear P.B,
Why is it every time someone puts something on here, whatever it is about, whether serious or in jest, that you have to criticise it in some way.

Its all the time and it is getting boring.

Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:38 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cymru craig
Dear P.B,
Why is it every time someone puts something on here, whatever it is about, whether serious or in jest, that you have to criticise it in some way.

Its all the time and it is getting boring.

Do you actually have a valid opinion of the RCIP?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Cayman is an unknown quantity at this point

The RCIPS suffers from just as many problems of any other police service in the world. That said, the vast majority of officers are dedicated to providing a service and the majority of ex-pats working here actually enjoy it.

Yes there are frustrations, it would be wrong to deny that, but there isn't a great queue to leave.

Pat, your jealousy of not being here and being part of it is poisonous and unwarranted.

So, give it a rest and move on with your life.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Yes I do have an opinion of the RCIPS and I would argue that I have a valid one. The ultimate outcome of the post would be positive towards both the organisation and the country I am living in. However I see very little point in posting it here as there is very little doubt in the fact that it will be criticised and ridiculed by someone, based on biased beliefs and disgruntelment with the locality and organisation.
I do regularly log onto this site and peruse what others have said as I am genuinley interested to see what valid posts have been put on here. But as I have stated there will always be someone who replies in a negative vain.

I have made a few posts recently in a light hearted manner and other regular site visitors I have spoken to have found them funny and within the mood of the discussion.

Will be back again at some point.

I am besotted after all!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.