Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Dinger. With every bleep notification I am more and more convinced I've blown it. I seem to be able to recall only the bad parts of the interview.

Were there any good parts I ask myself ?

Four weeks of this have passed and any where between 2 to 4 more to follow.
I don't think my refresh button can handle it !!!!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Big disappointment is an understatement of gargantuan proportions! I know exactly what you mean Greg. Not just for me but the wife and 3 kids. Est tu Brutei may be my final words with the family if it's a no. Hitler's night of the long knives may look like a pussy cat!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Bleep notifications are like a call to arms. All day there's been no updates and nobody monitoring the site then

Bleep bloody bleep

And the mad hordes descend on Limboland.

I'm off this weekend. I may update this in the wee small hours just to see what happens ( anything to take the mind off it for a few minutes)

HB
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to set up a rehab centre for you lot. I'd make a fortune.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Vikki and Simps.

Save that refresh button. Sue O'Connor's out of office assistant says she is not back at work until 7th October. Nothing going to be heard for a while yet!

Keeping the dream alive and kicking.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Ragingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud ofRagingbull has much to be proud of

Hey simps, can you post a link to that wanted down under episode with the perth police move?
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bagdog
I'm going to set up a rehab centre for you lot. I'd make a fortune.
Set it up in Perth mate, ill be ya secretary.... ive got the legs honest....

Yeah sorry but Sue did tell me last week prior to my interview that shes off to Ireland with her hubby for a week. There won't be any emails sent until mid - late oct. Thats from Sue and SSgt Painter.
So leave ya refresh buttons alone peeps and take a long deep breath. ... sorry HB not much help really.

Last edited by Maddjose; Oct 4th 2013 at 4:17 pm. Reason: needed to add some more info.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Any of you seen this - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811190
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Haha I have now OS..... thanks but I think id rather have the extra warmth rather than -omg its absolutely #@$&ing freezing..... oh and the snow when a whole country comes to a stand still after 10 flakes....
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose. Me and my refresh button are symbiant beings. One cannot exist without the other. Besides, I've grown kinda fond of the wee bugger

Bleep bleep everybody.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddjose
Haha I have now OS..... thanks but I think id rather have the extra warmth rather than -omg its absolutely #@$&ing freezing..... oh and the snow when a whole country comes to a stand still after 10 flakes....
I'm not sure how hot Perth gets - I know with the windchill it felt like minus 12 walking home from a night shift in March. Definitely not that cold after nights anymore, but we haven't done a summer yet. Last summer was one of the hottest for Adelaide - few days where the temp didn't drop below 40
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm not sure how hot Perth gets - I know with the windchill it felt like minus 12 walking home from a night shift in March. Definitely not that cold after nights anymore, but we haven't done a summer yet. Last summer was one of the hottest for Adelaide - few days where the temp didn't drop below 40
Slip slop slap Old Sparkles.... those wind chill factor post nights are a thing of the past matey. Hoping I can sell the buffalo.....

HB.... u and your refresh button have been thro so much and shes served you well.....
Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

She has brought me nothing but joy and seen me through these dark times. Long may it continue.

All hail F5. Queen of Limboland.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lASRApph7aE

Heres the Wanted down Under link for the WA police.

Hey Harry its the weekend so no need for your mate Mr refresh for two whole days. Will you cope ?
Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

The Handsome WAPOL wannabee lay warm and cozy under his duvet, dreaming of pastures new on this, his one long lie of the week. In his mind he was strolling along Cottesloe beach, the hot sand heating him up from below as the crashing surf filled his ears with the rhythmic pounding of the ocean all set beneath the pleasant presence of the hot, early morning sun. It was glorious, it was peaceful and the Handsome sleeping chap smiled in contentment

" Bleep"

Like a Pro-Plus taking Meerkat the WAPOL wannabee sat bolt upright, eyes sweeping side to side as his brain processed at Warp factor 7
"A bleep? A bleep? News, its gotta be bloody news!!!!!!"

His right arm shot out towards the sideboard and snatched his mobile faster than a high street shoplifter. He quickly checked the time.
"8am on a Saturday? It must be bloody important" he said to himself as his pulse quickened in furious anticipation.
" Maybe they've decided early. This is it. This is it"

He opened up the forum and read, his chest rising as the excitement pumped through his heart

"Wanted Down Under? That's it? Wanted Down Bloody Under!!!!"

Deflated, he put the phone down, pulled the duvet around him and sighed like a recently dumped girlfriend. He stayed like that for about ten minutes, desperately seeking sleep.
But it wouldn't come. His mind was racing.

Reluctantly he got out of bed and went for coffee. Another fruitless day in Limboland lay ahead.
"Thanks Simps mate. Thanks a lot "
HB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.