Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Heh all. Welcome to Limbo . Starting this thread for all those who, like me, have now had our interviews and fitness tests and are officially in Limbo for six weeks

How we all feeling? I'm currently trying hard not to over analyse the interview as one minute I'm thinking I was great and the next thinking not so great. Also, bizarrely, feeling a bit sad that its done. Been buzzing since applications went in back in May and now I can do no more.

Really chuffed that all the training/practice paid off for the fitness though.

Better half is telling me to 'not think about it' for the next six weeks

I, no bother.

Anyway. Lets hear what you think and remember, alcohol will in no way make the six weeks go any quicker.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

simps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Well done Harry, I ve just done mine and passed it and like you said all that training has paid off, its an immense feeling to have passed it.
Like you I have done a post mortem on my interview one minute I think I nailed that the next why did I say that. well its all in the hands of the gods now lets just prey we said the right things.:fingerscro ssed:

WAPOL have asked us not to discuss the interview so please don't ask me about it if you have not done it yet as this is still a competition.

I am now indulging in wine and beer as a well earned treat .

I think September will fly by but then it will be the constant random email checks again. good luck to every one we've all done well to get this far out of the many that applied and lets all hope were successful.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Well done mate. Didn't realise they were doing tests on the weekend but there you go.

I too have been enjoying a few refreshments since I came back up the road Thursday night. I believe, what with all the training,y that we've more than earned them.
Enjoy the wait.

Hopefully a few more will post and we can enjoy the Agonising Limbo together.
"How low can you go. How low can you go" etc etc.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simps

WAPOL have asked us not to discuss the interview so please don't ask me about it if you have not done it yet as this is still a competition.
And a little hint to people - organisations such as WAPOL browse BE reading threads like this QAS did it when advertising for paramedics, I never saw so many computers in one office open on BE

Good luck to all of you
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband passed. That's a weight of our shoulders. Now to start the waiting game.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Vikki you're probably the only person for whom the next month will fly by. Enjoy.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

We will have our hands full that's for sure.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Indous is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done mine. 5 people failed the fitness test though. In a random pub in London now having a pint. I'm same as above, one minute I think the interview went well, the next I'm thinking of all the things I could have should and the thins I shouldn't have!!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Indous. Well done mate. Bet your glad its done and you can enjoy a more than deserved pint.
Prepare yourself for days of feeling good about it followed by days convinced otherwise. But for now just bask in the glow that your efforts have brought and worry about the rest tomorrow. Congratulations.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

There was supposed to be a 'said' in that post above!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Harry. It's such a weird situation. Not at all like the normal job interview is it!
My mind had gone after the interview. Over thinking it all I guess.

They said mid-October to me for results. Nice people doing my interview though.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

That's just the initial feeling mate. Now you enter the living hell of Limbo. Heh, its where you want to be. And every waking moment, and most asleep moments, are consumed with the dream.

We wouldn't have it any other way though.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Shell_G is an unknown quantity at this point

Popping in to say hi, and that the wait is still agonizing on our house. It's hard to put to the back of your mind eh?!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you waiting for results, might be worth investing time in discovering how much things cost, and what salary you will expect, and making sure you can afford the move if offered a position. I'm sure you all did prior to interview but just in case. House prices can be found on realestate.com.au, and you can do a virtual shop online with Coles or Woolworths. There has been a slow down in WA so you may only have one wage for a while.

Also, if you are considering bringing pets over, look at getting prices for their travel - it's considerably higher than a person. A number of firms offer overseas removals - maybe consider if you will ship your furniture - or buy new here (which is expensive).

At least then if you are lucky enough to be offered a place you will have some plans in place.

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

We have looked into it and we know we going to be pushing it but we have not come this far to let finances ruin our dream. By hook or by crook we will get there. Lol. We looking into getting a container and shipping loads of clothes and as much stuff as We can for the boys as we been told clothing expensive and you know how quickly children grow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.