British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Police transferrees from uk 17 years in - where can we go? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/police-transferrees-uk-17-years-where-can-we-go-861120/)

Florence11 Jul 2nd 2015 8:51 am

Police transferrees from uk 17 years in - where can we go?

Myself and my partner want to transfer to another country... For challenge, variety and better weather?!

My parner has 17 years in as a police officer and I start my training as a PC later this year. (Have two years in police staff role)

Ideally we want to to go Oz - the plan being my partner could transfer and I would be legible to go with her?

Or would I have to wait to get three years in and then she can retire and transfer with me - because 17 years in is too much? But we thought this may be different now with the new pension scheme, maybe WAPOL take higher service candidates - she is only 37 with 23 left in!!

Anybody got any ideas?

We wouldn't rule out NZ, Cayman Islands or anywhere interesting that would have us?!

Thanks in advance :)

Pollyana Jul 2nd 2015 11:56 am

Re: Police transferrees from uk 17 years in - where can we go?

Originally Posted by Florence11 (Post 11689992)
Myself and my partner want to transfer to another country... For challenge, variety and better weather?!

My parner has 17 years in as a police officer and I start my training as a PC later this year. (Have two years in police staff role)

Ideally we want to to go Oz - the plan being my partner could transfer and I would be legible to go with her?

Or would I have to wait to get three years in and then she can retire and transfer with me - because 17 years in is too much? But we thought this may be different now with the new pension scheme, maybe WAPOL take higher service candidates - she is only 37 with 23 left in!!

Anybody got any ideas?

We wouldn't rule out NZ, Cayman Islands or anywhere interesting that would have us?!

Thanks in advance :)

WAPOL aren't recruiting at present though they may change that at any time. Your partner would not have been able to transfer according to the rules on the last couple of intakes certainly, having got too much time in. If you were able to get in then she could come as your dependent spouse but would then have to apply and take her chances with any new intake once here.
The only other Aussie police service that has done transfers in recent years is SAPOL but they aren't currently recruiting either.

Florence11 Jul 2nd 2015 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11690131)
WAPOL aren't recruiting at present though they may change that at any time. Your partner would not have been able to transfer according to the rules on the last couple of intakes certainly, having got too much time in. If you were able to get in then she could come as your dependent spouse but would then have to apply and take her chances with any new intake once here.
The only other Aussie police service that has done transfers in recent years is SAPOL but they aren't currently recruiting either.

Thanks so much for a reply. I know 17 years is a long time and anticipated they would have a restriction on that. I thought that this might have changed as the police pensions schemes have changed, meaning my other half now has to work another 23 years rather than 13 years having her pension frozen from the old scheme! Shame really but I guess it's worth enquiring with WAPOL directly when they recruit again!

Pollyana Jul 2nd 2015 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Florence11 (Post 11690140)
Thanks so much for a reply. I know 17 years is a long time and anticipated they would have a restriction on that. I thought that this might have changed as the police pensions schemes have changed, meaning my other half now has to work another 23 years rather than 13 years having her pension frozen from the old scheme! Shame really but I guess it's worth enquiring with WAPOL directly when they recruit again!

Always worth asking, as you never know.
There's no sign of a new recruiting campaign at present but there is always plenty of interest on here when one is announced so keep your eye on the forum :)