Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

anyone confirm the numbers for sapol, still some doubts if its 300 or 60
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:16 pm
IWH
Just Joined

IWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ccuz
anyone confirm the numbers for sapol, still some doubts if its 300 or 60

They are looking for 300 from the UK. 68 are required for the course starting on 21st March. Further courses will start throughout the year. This came from speaking to Scott Ostler after the exam yesterday afternoon. He mentioned courses are planned for June or July and September.

IWH
Old Jan 7th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

From the site http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...showtopic=5363

There are NOT going to be 300 officers recruited. I am not sure who started that 'rumour' but the information isn't correct. We are taking on 60 new recruits in March and probably another 60 in April or May of 2005.

Kind regards

Alexandra Fleming"
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HCK
Hiya
Well he thought it was harder than he expected and so did most officers he managed to speak to, we now have to wait about 10 days for the result!!!!

Good luck

thank goodness for that as lee has said the same, he's in a right old mess, he's so tired.
he said someone there asked that scot oster bloke about intake dates, and he said that there'd more every 3 months from the initial 60 taken in march.

10 days! thought they were doing this quickly???
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:19 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoe100
thank goodness for that as lee has said the same, he's in a right old mess, he's so tired.
he said someone there asked that scot oster bloke about intake dates, and he said that there'd more every 3 months from the initial 60 taken in march.

Good luck that those did it, I hope you passed, Adelaide is a nice city and the surrounds. Wish I could apply, not 3 years in the job yet, but I have made my mind up, first opportunity to move out there, I'm gone!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

JM&D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoe100

Sat the exam on Thursday.

I spoke to Scott Oster and asked him to clarify the 300......60.....places.

He said that there was 450 applications in total.....378 plus others who had applied whilst holidaying in Oz.

He said that Australia House are hoping to supply approx 200 in total to the SA Police. There will apparently be the first 60 who start in March followed by a pool of about 140 others. He based reaching the 200 figure on natural wastage through the exam/medical/fitness tests.

The "pool" will apparently be drawn on throughout the next six months.

He also said that having kids was an advantage.

Hope it helps.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

it does, thanks
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Scillyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HCK
Hello there, my husband has applied to SA Police, and has been asked to sit the Entrance exam on 6th January. I also agree the timescale is unrealistic! however this is the chance we have been waiting for since we visited Perth two years ago. Let me know if you hear anything, good luck

let us know if you hear??

good luck!
[/QUOTE]

Hi, first time i have seen this site, mind you been on the scilly Isles for last two years! Can you please advise me if I have to become resident in Oz before i can apply to join. Have no clue.
Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by Renters
Can anyone help me. I need a fitness ECG but the cheapest so far is £280. Anyone in the met (5 area preferably) has had one done for any less (lot less would be nice...)

Kevin Smith
Hi Kevin,

Both me and my husband are UK police officers. He is the one applyingfor SAPOL, (one of us has to look after the kids!) had exam on Friday, and waiting like everyone else.
He has booked his exercise ECG for tomorrow, and is getting it done locally (in Swindon), it is costing £90.00.

If you don't mind the short train journey (1hr from Paddington) let me know and I can pass you the details. He did have to get refered by our GP.

Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Kevin,

Both me and my husband are UK police officers. He is the one applyingfor SAPOL, (one of us has to look after the kids!) had exam on Friday, and waiting like everyone else.
He has booked his exercise ECG for tomorrow, and is getting it done locally (in Swindon), it is costing £90.00.

If you don't mind the short train journey (1hr from Paddington) let me know and I can pass you the details. He did have to get refered by our GP.

Good luck

I've been quoted from £120 to £395 for the ECG, on top of £200 for flights etc from Scotland for the exams I hope this shows committment
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:09 am
Don't ask.....

Renters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been quoted from £120 to £395 for the ECG, on top of £200 for flights etc from Scotland for the exams I hope this shows committment
I've had to settle for £200, which, if I get in, I can live with but after Friday's effort I'm not so sure. I'm not having the test until I find out if I've got through though so it shouldn't be a total waste!

Kevin
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Interesting story!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes very interesting...at work at the moment in a MIR, just read the article to my colleagues and we all agree it is no different from here in our Force! Single manned officers attending response 1s, only 3 officers working a nightshift, enforced overtime, well atleast there is overtime, we spent our o/t budget back in the Summer!....I don't think that will put us off, it will be home from home.

Aside from that - I read through the whole of this discussion last night and am a little less confused about what they are after. Do you think that maybe the SAPOL don't know exactly how many people they want themselves?

If either SAPOL or Scott Oster would make some kind of announcement then maybe it would put all our minds at rest. If anyone rings them today they let us all know. It just seems so much hearsay.

Finally, it is my husband who is applying to join SAPOL, I am also a PC, but will resign, or take a career break if possible, however would be keen to join as a civvy in some MIR type role. I have emailed them regarding this, but to no avail. Any ideas on where to look for Civvy jobs with SAPOL. Nothing on the website which was last updated summer last year!

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ecg passed, wait for the next hurdle, heard that some people are testing on the 14th, thought it was closed, good luck to them anyway
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:58 am
GMC1

aeb78 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is going on????
I am totally confused with the whole thing!
I applied to Sapol in December under the british officer recruitment programme.
Having completed the pack thoroughly is posted it prior to the deadline.
It is now the 12th January, and i havent heard anything, one way or the other!
A few colleagues have also applied and they're in the same boat. They have contacted Sapol by telephone and they couldn't even tell them if they had recieved they're application forms.
To be honest, i think Sapol don't know if they're coming or going!
How disorganised must they be, if they can't even tell you if they have recieved an application form. This worries me considering that i might have been moving to the other side of the world and settling in to Adelaide would have been in the hands of Sapol.
Does anyone know if there are going to be any further testing dates??/
Am i just in a pool that's pending further dates.
I think whether we were successful or not, we're all in the same situation as Sapol...........................We haven't got a clue whats happening!
I think that I would be better off, letting my girlfriend be the main applicant as a hairdresser ( occupation in demand, believe it or not!) and just going for PR and applying once i get there to WA police or NSW.
Has anyone else had no response from SA since forwarding there application??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.