Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

gigi69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Erm, let me think. Possibly because you've said so yourself?!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=48
Maybe I lied. Maybe not. Still, my question stands : the weight of my arguments depends on my profession ? If we go down this path you could say that since I'm not a British expat (I might lie about this also ) I shouldn't even be on this forum in the first place. Maybe the owners should ask for some form of ID when people are registering ...
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
But neither of these scenarios is realistic, which puts the police in Western Canada in a difficult position.
My oh my, Western Canada is turning into South Sudan any day now. We're already worse than Detroit or Chicago. I'll personally write a letter to Harper and ask him to do something about it, maybe put in place a special fast tracking immigration process for UK police officers. Preferably white christian males, just like in the good ol' times.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gigi69
Maybe I lied. Maybe not. Still, my question stands : the weight of my arguments depends on my profession ? If we go down this path you could say that since I'm not a British expat (I might lie about this also ) I shouldn't even be on this forum in the first place. Maybe the owners should ask for some form of ID when people are registering ...
There is absolutely no requirement for someone to be a British Expat in order to post in here. If there was we would lose at least half of our members I reckon!
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the owners should ask for some form of ID when people are registering ...
We don't need to, we can see exactly where you're posting from and where you were born.

My point was that if you have nothing to do with the police force in Canada then your posting style is very antagonistic, seemingly just to provoke reactions, which really isn't on and is against Site Rule 4.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
My point was that if you have nothing to do with the police force in Canada then your posting style is very antagonistic, seemingly just to provoke reactions, which really isn't on and is against Site Rule 4.
I pay their salaries, hence I feel entitled to comment about their policies.
PS : one of my uncles was a police officer, does this count ?
Old Apr 27th 2014, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

I pay their salaries, hence I feel entitled to comment about their policies.
PS : one of my uncles was a police officer, does this count ?
"I pay their salaries"...Good lord, not that old chestnut.

Well actually, we all pay each others salaries don't we? If you're flipping burgers in Maccas and I come in for a Big Mac, I'm paying your wages aren't I........................doesn't make me an expert on how you do your job though!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Police officers pay their own salaries.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 4:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Police officers pay their own salaries.
A line I used frequently as a civilian worker in the UK Police.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Well actually, we all pay each others salaries don't we? If you're flipping burgers in Maccas and I come in for a Big Mac, I'm paying your wages aren't I........................doesn't make me an expert on how you do your job though!
So in your opinion a fast food joint is the same thing like a public institution ? Jesus ...
I never said that I am an expert in how the police should do their job. In the same time the police has to follow whatever the population they serve (yes, they are our servants, just like any other public official) tells them to, while respecting the laws of the country, of course. Their policies are made by us, the civilians who pay their salaries, not by themselves. If, for example, tomorrow the Edmonton chief decides that he will buy Mercedes-Benz cars instead of Fords without asking for approval from the mayor (who, may I remind you, is also a public servant and who has to answer to the citizens of Edmonton) first I bet he will have some explaining to do. Nobody tells the police how to catch a killer, but we have every right to ask why they spend OUR money on trips to UK, and guess what, they have to answer. Or maybe we should STFU, 'coz they know better ?

Last edited by gigi69; Apr 27th 2014 at 6:11 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

So in your opinion a fast food joint is the same thing like a public institution ? Jesus ...
I never said that I am an expert in how the police should do their job. In the same time the police has to follow whatever the population they serve (yes, they are our servants, just like any other public official) tells them to, while respecting the laws of the country, of course. Their policies are made by us, the civilians who pay their salaries, not by themselves. If, for example, tomorrow the Edmonton chief decides that he will buy Mercedes-Benz cars instead of Fords without asking for approval from the mayor (who, may I remind you, is also a public servant and who has to answer to the citizens of Edmonton) first I bet he will have some explaining to do. Nobody tells the police how to catch a killer, but we have every right to ask why they spend OUR money on trips to UK, and guess what, they have to answer. Or maybe we should STFU, 'coz they know better ?
But you've been given the answer, the problem is you don't like it!

Of course, this is your prerogative as well.

And whilst you bring up the issue costs, you do realise one of the factors that bring about these recruitment drives, is that it saves the tax payer (you) money.......
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

But you've been given the answer, the problem is you don't like it!
Of course I don't like it, because the answer is nothing else but bullshit. Like I said before, in Canada there was never a shortage of people wanting to become police officers. The fact that locally sometimes there might be a shortage is a different story. Damn, those oil fields must be paying good ... [end sarcasm]
And whilst you bring up the issue costs, you do realise one of the factors that bring about these recruitment drives, is that it saves the tax payer (you) money.......
Actually no, I don't understand how a UK recruitment drive is saving the tax payer (me) money. Those hired from the UK are being paid the same salary as someone hired from the local pool, they have to go through the same training etc.
Care to elaborate ?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Gigi,

It is clear you have strong views on where EPS should be recruiting and your views are welcome.

So, I extend an invitation to you, why not come to see me in the office and we can explore your ideas. If you're not comfortable coming to the recruiting office, then I'm sure we can find a Tims.

You have my work email address from a previous post.

Nige
Old Apr 29th 2014, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nige1521
So, I extend an invitation to you, why not come to see me in the office and we can explore your ideas. If you're not comfortable coming to the recruiting office, then I'm sure we can find a Tims.
Thanks for the invitation, but I really don't see the outcome of this meeting, and right now I actually have nothing against your recruiting strategy. Keep up the good work !
ps : I see that you guys are going to Prince Edward Island in May, I hope it wasn't because of my rant here
Old May 5th 2014, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Here's an interesting summary of the recruitment issue affecting western Canada:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/05/0...of-retirements
Old May 6th 2014, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
Here's an interesting summary of the recruitment issue affecting western Canada:
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/05/0...of-retirements
Lol, again ? Here's the shorter version of the article : "everybody and their mom goes to work in the oil fields, hence there's nobody left in Alberta to do any other type of work, from burger flippers to police officers". Really, is there anyone who thinks that someone who dreams to be a cop chooses instead to go freeze while digging trenches in Fort McMurray ? If so, I pity your intelligence, whatever little you have.
ps : I don't see anything about the other parts of "western Canada" where there are recruitment issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.