Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Old May 6th 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Originally Posted by gigi69
... I pity your intelligence, whatever little you have.
Bit harsh.
Old May 7th 2014, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
Bit harsh.
And against Site Rule no. 1. Gigi69, resorting to personal abuse will just get you banned, so maybe try arguing your point without the digs at other members?
Old May 7th 2014, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

How this guy hasn't been barred already and why they even post on here is beyond me. There was me thinking this site was based on gathering and sharing information that may be of use to others wanting to emigrate or something similar, not for getting political and expressing your views and disgust at immigrants doing one particular job?!
Old May 7th 2014, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
How this guy hasn't been barred already and why they even post on here is beyond me. There was me thinking this site was based on gathering and sharing information that may be of use to others wanting to emigrate or something similar, not for getting political and expressing your views and disgust at immigrants doing one particular job?!
Getting political or expressing views isn't against Site Rules or something people would be banned for - if it was, then we'd hardly have anybody on the forum!
Old May 7th 2014, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Not when you are blatantly trying to cause a row and become abusive because you don't like how an answer has been given. Seems to be the general feel of all posts by this person in my opinion
Old May 7th 2014, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Not when you are blatantly trying to cause a row and become abusive because you don't like how an answer has been given. Seems to be the general feel of all posts by this person in my opinion
Not many mods actually drop into these threads, unless a post is flagged is being out of order/ rule breaking. If you feel that this person's posts are breaking the rules, then please report them, and several Mods and Admin will aee the report and be aware of and alert to the person's attitude.

I have to say that until that nasty personal comment, which has been dealt with, he/she does not seem to be breaking rules, merely expressing opinions, but if you report the posts a wider audience will be able to judge....
Old May 7th 2014, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi all,

I see little point in labouring the issue. We all have our views on this subject. I have invited our learned friend to visit me and discuss his points in detail, to see if he/she has any ideas of their own for recruiting. Maybe they have merit and are something EPS can think about as part of our long term strategy. It would seem that he/she has declined the offer, so I will waste no more time on the subject.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Old May 7th 2014, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nige1521
Hi all,

I see little point in labouring the issue. We all have our views on this subject. I have invited our learned friend to visit me and discuss his points in detail, to see if he/she has any ideas of their own for recruiting. Maybe they have merit and are something EPS can think about as part of our long term strategy. It would seem that he/she has declined the offer, so I will waste no more time on the subject.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Couldn't agree more...
Old May 10th 2014, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

gigi69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
Bit harsh.
Just my 2c. Yes, a bit harsh, but it's still my opinion. Like I said before, I just can't swallow the idea that the police force in Edmonton competes with Tim Hortons and McDonalds for the same labour force. Or maybe they do ...
On the same note, I'm anxiously waiting for news articles about how people who'd like to become surgeons are ditching medical school and choose instead to become oil field workers, beacuse it pays so much more ...
/sarcasm
Old May 10th 2014, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Nigel
For what its worth, I think its a shame the offer wasn't taken up - very generous on your part and could have led to some interesting discussions

Last edited by Pollyana; May 11th 2014 at 10:47 pm.
Old May 11th 2014, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by gigi69
I just can't swallow the idea that the police force in Edmonton competes with Tim Hortons and McDonalds for the same labour force.
Where on earth have you got that from?! It's utter tosh!

I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding Canadian immigration or just believing what somebody else has told you, but EPS and Tim Hortons don't share some kind of pool of underachieving foreign workers for their applicants.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

A new "Express Entry" Visa has been announced for January 2015.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?...tr.yrndVl=2014

Nige
Old May 22nd 2014, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Nige
Hi Nige

Thanks for posting that, looks promising!

Do you think EPS will be able to explore that avenue then?

Regards
Old May 22nd 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

It is an avenue we are looking into, we're hoping for some news in the very near future as to a potential UK trip.

But, I will reiterate, we have no definite plans yet. If a decision is made, it will be well advertised.

Nige
Old May 22nd 2014, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Nige
That was announced months ago. Do keep up at the back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.