Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officer and Chemical Engineer to Vancouver/Canada

Police Officer and Chemical Engineer to Vancouver/Canada

Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

AJ2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Officer and Chemical Engineer to Vancouver/Canada

Hello everyone,

I am a Police Officer in the UK (4 yrs) and my partner is a Chemical Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in her field. We have “finally” this year made the decision to go for it, and are approximately one week away from submitting all our documents to Brazolot.

We signed with Brazolot in March 2013 to ensure the process went smoothly and wanted to extra assistance/reassurance. After signing up we have realised that it is costly however worth it when it comes to the application. I am also aware about Brazolot and their reputation.

My partners occupation (Engineer) is on the occupation list (main applicant) which was released in May this year, and don’t anticipate any issues with the visa application, unless there are other factors I have not considered. She may also have a job offer but it is early days.

I was wondering if anyone can advise with the following:
1) We are due to land in Vancouver at the end of July for a research holiday. What are the key things to include in the trip? Ultimately we both have our heart set on Vancouver however, Edmonton and Calgary are on our short list. I was thinking of hiring a car and visiting various locations. Has anyone done this and are there any recommendations?

2) Also with my line of work (neighbourhood officer) , (if all goes okay with PR application) is there anything I can do between now and “application decision for PR” to prepare myself to apply for the police?

3) There is an information session for Vancouver police on August 10th which I will be attending to gain an insight. Does anyone think it would be appropriate to liaise with Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary police whilst on our research holiday?

4) I am aware that our police service allows outside police personnel to have a day out with an officer. Has anyone heard/experienced this in a Canadian force? I was thinking of emailing the individual forces to ask the question.

5) I will be representing my force in Vancouver Pride and marching along side Vancouver police in August. This has been approved via LSGA here in the UK. Are there any cops or applicants here who would be able to advise re application process or meet visit on our trip in Canada?

6) From reading some posts and looking on the particular forces website, I am aware I cannot apply until I have PR status (just preparing myself if we get our PR’s). However there is a recommended criteria . For example, education, driving licence and voluntary work. Can anyone advise further on this?

7) I remember when applying for the cops here, it was lengthy and preparation was key to passing the assessment centre. I have seen a few good books re Canadian police applications, are there any recommendation here?

Any advice in general or re the above is gratefully received

Many thanks,
AJ2013
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officer and Chemical Engineer to Vancouver/Canada

Hi,

policeprep.com - it is a bit costly but covers Canadian assessment process thoroughly. The actual company is Canadian one and I use it for Australian cops assessment but they seem to have departemnts responsible for each individual country.

I hope you find this useful! Sounds line an amazing venture! good luck