Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

jenks007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

Thanks Stefek,
If you get the time then visit Police_forum, it's where a lot of the Police who are moving to NZ and a lot of the Police who want to move to NZ chat. Your comments will be appreciated.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:26 am
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by hector212
Stefek.

thanks for the information, always useful to know..Things have progressed since my last post, and i have been successful in obtaining a job offer with the NZ police. If you do not mind i will share your comments with others in my situation, as it is most welcome to get the views of people over there, first hand.
Speak soon
cheers Hector
Hector

How are you going to share information with other officers is there another forum you use
I would like to read whats happening with the UK officers as I am going to apply when I get to NZ, which will be in 3 weeks :scared:
I have taken a job as a corrections officer but the conditions seem poor if they are I am considering leaving and joining the Police which I can do after 3 months

Good luck and congrats on getting the job

K9
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

stefek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K9s
Hector

How are you going to share information with other officers is there another forum you use
I would like to read whats happening with the UK officers as I am going to apply when I get to NZ, which will be in 3 weeks :scared:
I have taken a job as a corrections officer but the conditions seem poor if they are I am considering leaving and joining the Police which I can do after 3 months

Good luck and congrats on getting the job

K9
hi hector,
no problem. think i will log onto the forum. i don't want to put a dampner on others plans but feel they need to know the current situation.
stefek
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

hector212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stefek.

No worries....It will not be taken as a downer...Everyone on the site are pretty switched onto things, and they know everything is not rosey over there. It is important for us to know from people like yourself, with first hand experience, what the problems are, and your input is welcome.

Cheers
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

zippy007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

How did you go about applying for a job as corrections officer? did they accept you based on your skills as a Police Officer in the UK, or other skills that you already had?

Thanks

Simon
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:43 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by zippy007
Hi there

How did you go about applying for a job as corrections officer? did they accept you based on your skills as a Police Officer in the UK, or other skills that you already had?

Thanks

Simon
Simon

Im employed now as a Prison Officer in the UK ( 14 years )
The corrections dept in NZ had a recruiting drive and recruited serving Prison officers

Cheers

K9
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

zippy007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody have a contact email address for Inspector Dawn Bell at recruitment for NZ Police?

Thanks