Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

handler266 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

Received today:

The New Zealand Police are currently undertaking an Overseas Recruitment
Drive. This is open to current serving overseas Police Officers who have
more than three years service. In particular we are looking for people
with high levels of competence in General Police duties, Traffic duties or
Criminal Investigators.

What next? NSW & Queensland?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

cpudds is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

Originally Posted by handler266
Received today:

The New Zealand Police are currently undertaking an Overseas Recruitment
Criminal Investigators.

What next? NSW & Queensland?

Hi Handler
Is there any chance you can email me the Overseas Recruitment Cover Sheet or put it on here somewhere for anyone else?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: New Zealand Police - International Recruitment

I've emailed you - I can't load it onto here unfortunately.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Kingy is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this e-mail yesterday.... Does anybody know anyone who has transferred out there previously?? Just wondering what the process is like?

The chance of emigrating has now doubled with both wapol and nz now recruiting...

Good luck everybody!!!

James
Old Aug 6th 2005, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

2.4 k = 1.5 miles = 6 laps of the track in 10 minutes 15 seconds

Take a look at:

http://www.police.govt.nz/recruiting....physical.html

Yes, your very own bi-annual fitness test!

Best put the glass down and get the trainers on!

Last edited by handler266; Aug 6th 2005 at 4:45 pm. Reason: Updated info
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

jomarc is an unknown quantity at this point

Received today:

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]The New Zealand Police are currently undertaking an Overseas Recruitment
Criminal Investigators.
PLEASE CAN YOU E-MAIL ME THE COVER SHEET. SOMEONE TRIED SENDING IT TO ME BUT IT WOULDN'T LOAD ONTO MY COMPUTER. :scared:
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jomarc
PLEASE CAN YOU E-MAIL ME THE COVER SHEET. SOMEONE TRIED SENDING IT TO ME BUT IT WOULDN'T LOAD ONTO MY COMPUTER. :scared:
You'll need MS Office on your PC (the coversheet is on Excel), apparently most home PC systems don't have them, just the Wordpad Stuff. I've got MS XP Home and mine couldn't read it.

Either send it to yourself at work where they will have office or load the free 60 day trial of MS Office 2003 from their website. It takes a while to download and install but works fine.

I could send it to you again, but you'll undoubtedly have the same problem as your computer probably still can't read it!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

You'll need MS Office on your PC (the coversheet is on Excel), apparently most home PC systems don't have them, just the Wordpad Stuff. I've got MS XP Home and mine couldn't read it.

Either send it to yourself at work where they will have office or load the free 60 day trial of MS Office 2003 from their website. It takes a while to download and install but works fine.

I could send it to you again, but you'll undoubtedly have the same problem as your computer probably still can't read it!
Thanks mate R U going to apply? I am very much interested, however am worried about being accepted and failing. I am 25yrs with 3 1/2yrs in the MET, and at present feel i am quite established, (I'll be telling you my life story now ). I have just bought a house... and although the quality of life, i'm sure will be better, i do worry about the KIWI's maybe not liking us take there jobs, and whether the government will support us if we have children etc, like the UK with NHS and child credits. I am just interested on another persons view!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Jomarc

They did this a couple of years ago. 'Apparently' they are after 80 and have had 3,000 enquiries, but this is not confirmed.

Also, they are saying next to nothing about what they are offering, though they do have a recognition of prior police service policy.

Remember though, as you will see in this and other sites, you will be a migrant worker and must be able to cope with this.

Don't worry, you're allowed to have kids if you want them - it's not China!

Nobody can make a decision like this for you, do your research, speak to people and come to your own decision - the 'us' decision if I read your post right?

Good Luck
Old Aug 15th 2005, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Jomarc

They did this a couple of years ago. 'Apparently' they are after 80 and have had 3,000 enquiries, but this is not confirmed.

Also, they are saying next to nothing about what they are offering, though they do have a recognition of prior police service policy.

Remember though, as you will see in this and other sites, you will be a migrant worker and must be able to cope with this.

Don't worry, you're allowed to have kids if you want them - it's not China!

Nobody can make a decision like this for you, do your research, speak to people and come to your own decision - the 'us' decision if I read your post right?

Good Luck
Thanks again. I have just completed my CV so will send all from work tomoz. Will post on here if i have any news.. thanks again!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

mintowtczyz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi -
I'm a reporter on the Evening Standard and I'm doing a piece on the Kiwi recruitment drive for British officers. I'll be talking to an ex-Met officer who went over in the last wave but wondered if I might have a chat with you about the issue as well. I'd prefer to do it using your name etc but if you wanted to chat anonymously we could do that as well.
Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Lech Mintowt-Czyz

Originally Posted by jomarc
Thanks mate R U going to apply? I am very much interested, however am worried about being accepted and failing. I am 25yrs with 3 1/2yrs in the MET, and at present feel i am quite established, (I'll be telling you my life story now ). I have just bought a house... and although the quality of life, i'm sure will be better, i do worry about the KIWI's maybe not liking us take there jobs, and whether the government will support us if we have children etc, like the UK with NHS and child credits. I am just interested on another persons view!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

skipscore is an unknown quantity at this point

What sort of piece will you be doing in The Standard.I'm sure many people won't be too happy about article appearing as it will then act as kind of free advert for them and they will be inundated with applicants !!!

Originally Posted by mintowtczyz1
Hi -
I'm a reporter on the Evening Standard and I'm doing a piece on the Kiwi recruitment drive for British officers. I'll be talking to an ex-Met officer who went over in the last wave but wondered if I might have a chat with you about the issue as well. I'd prefer to do it using your name etc but if you wanted to chat anonymously we could do that as well.
Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Lech Mintowt-Czyz
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skipscore
..... it will then act as kind of free advert for them and they will be inundated with applicants !!!
Hmmmm, take a look at P.17 of today's Daily Mail (The Standard's sister publication) - It's already out there!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

skipscore is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well......and they are part of the same group aren't they ??? Best get a copy of The Standard tomorrow then!?!?!

Hmmmm, take a look at P.17 of today's Daily Mail (The Standard's sister publication) - It's already out there!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

They also do the Metro - the freebie on the underground!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.