Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

cleverley1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

So,

1. they are still going through the application process.
2. my application has been looked at and is being considered.
3. if i were to be successful they would offer me a date to come out and have an interview/exam/fitness test all at once to save costs.
4. i need to get my degree converted but apparently it's not absolutely essential at this time (as long as its done at some stage was the answer i got)
5. wasnt given a date that i would be contacted...only soon.
6. (and this is the biggie) conditional offers of employment WILL be given to international applicants that are successful so that you may present these to the canadian embassy as part of your PR application.

hope this helps.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

22marcoronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Tah mate, think that's where I'm upto, already sent my ICES application to convert my degree.
We will hopefully hear something soon, let me know when you do and will do the same.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverley1986
6. (and this is the biggie) conditional offers of employment WILL be given to international applicants that are successful so that you may present these to the canadian embassy as part of your PR application.
Just for the sake of anybody reading, an offer of employment isn't enough to get PR - it must be accompanied by a LMO/TWP or PNP nomination. Just thought I'd add that in case anybody thought all they had to do was get a letter written by a mate! It also has to be a full offer of employment and only conditional on the applicant getting PR.

Good luck with it.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Same reply as you guys, they are currently reviewing my app and will be in touch soon if we pass the paper sift.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates???.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jim2001
Any updates???.
I havent heard anything. you?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

I havent heard anything. you?
No mate,

Spoke to them 3 weeks ago, they've got my ICES report and said they would contact me at the end of the fall, as they have Ben concentrating on November's recruitment.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 10:59 am
Just Joined

fair enough. tbh i've chased them once a month so im going to wait til the end of october before calling again.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 11:20 am
Just Joined

fair enough. tbh i've chased them once a month so im going to wait til the end of october before calling again.
Same here Jim, they told me if I hadn't heard anything by the end of October to ring them anyway, spoke to the same guy Manny who's quite helpful
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 22marcoronaldo
Same here Jim, they told me if I hadn't heard anything by the end of October to ring them anyway, spoke to the same guy Manny who's quite helpful
Got bad news I'm afraid chaps!

Phoned them for an update today and was told that UK applications are no
longer being considered as all vacancies this year and next year have been filled by Canadian citizens.
I've submitted a complaint form to them as I have had to find this out myself without any contact after the effort and time that has gone to applying.
Unless any of you have heard anything different, I'm sure you will be as disappointed as I am so thought it best to let you know!
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

That's nice of them letting you know.

They never really were on the ball with replying to anything I had made queries about or emails sent.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

They never really were on the ball with replying to anything I had made queries about or emails sent.
Tried not to get my hopes up to much, but last time I spoke to them
It sounded encouraging, you are right about the contact, every time I've had to ring them to find out anything. Except for the email saying they would contact us at the end of the fall, and they couldn't even do that.
Disappointing after all that, the least they could have done was send an email.
I've emailed New Westminster Police Jim, look on their website but think we need PR before we apply, explained to them what's happened with the transit police and asked them to clarify.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They're Canadian, just not the way things are done! Job applications are rarely replied to in Canada, even if they want to interview you or chat further it can be a month or two before you hear a word. Particularly if jobs are only applied for via the internet or only emails are sent - a phone call will usually have a better result as it's all about personal contact (visiting in person even better).

Shame, although a visa would have been tricky as it didn't sound from posts above as though they were willing to do all the paperwork and pay to support a PR application? But you never know, things may change, best of luck to you all.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 28th 2013 at 9:10 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They're Canadian, just not the way things are done! Job applications are rarely replied to in Canada, even if they want to interview you or chat further it can be a month or two before you hear a word. Particularly if jobs are only applied for via the internet or only emails are sent - a phone call will usually have a better result as it's all about personal contact (visiting in person even better).

Shame, although a visa would have been tricky as it didn't sound from posts above as though they were willing to do all the paperwork and pay to support a PR application? But you never know, things may change, best of luck to you all.
You too Jim, nice talking to you and let me know if your hear anything else from anywhere and I'll do the same.