Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Has anyone got any updates or details on this at all?

I am ex-essex now moved to the US (wife is a yank). I have not been able to find anything and am now considering moving to Canada. The Mrs has a job that is high skilled, so we could just apply for the visa out right....if we do this I take it I could then apply for any force in Canada as we would have the residency right?

So annoying as every village town city in US is taking PC's but I can't apply as I only have the green card!!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

cleverley1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my application in but will call tomorrow for an update. A chap here told me the cut off was 2/8/13 but by all means call them for a definitive answer or wait for my response!

Ultimately there are very few jobs going so I'm hoping I'll get lucky!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Called them today, they said the cut off was the 2nd August however they won't be looking at the overseas applicants for another month. I have no idea what their plans are BUT I would bet on the assumption that now the date has closed they will see if they have enough Canadians that they would like to fill the post and then if not I may get lucky in a month!!!

The best part of this is that it is not a direct NO and I can allow myself to get a tiny bit excited.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

22marcoronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleverley1986
Called them today, they said the cut off was the 2nd August however they won't be looking at the overseas applicants for another month. I have no idea what their plans are BUT I would bet on the assumption that now the date has closed they will see if they have enough Canadians that they would like to fill the post and then if not I may get lucky in a month!!!

The best part of this is that it is not a direct NO and I can allow myself to get a tiny bit excited.
Hy mate, I also sent mine and they have got back to me asking for a certificate of keyboarding skills, I've phoned all the colleges and none of them appear to do this anymore, did you manage to find somewhere that provided this test?

Thanks

Mark
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

No unfortunately not - im waiting to hear back and was told sometime next month
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

No unfortunately not - im waiting to hear back and was told sometime next month
I've phones every college near to where I live and they don't do a keyboarding skills test, I've heard back but they have asked for this so my application can be processed.
Have you not done the keyboarding skills either? And what are you waiting to hear from?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

i havent done the keyboard test either but waiting to hear back about the application. i also couldnt get my degree converted as i dont know where it is - i was told they'd call me sometime this month to let me know if they intended to put a case forward to the embassy but they did say mid september!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

i havent done the keyboard test either but waiting to hear back about the application. i also couldnt get my degree converted as i dont know where it is - i was told they'd call me sometime this month to let me know if they intended to put a case forward to the embassy but they did say mid september!
You never know, we could hear back at the same time.
I can't find anywhere that does the keyboarding test but having my a levels and 1st year of Uni converted, just done the application for that and sending it off Monday.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

I presume they didn't cause to much fuss about not being able to get the keyboarding skills certificate? Just checking as I'm ringing them tomorrow!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates anyone?. Have heard nothing back myself.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jim2001
Any updates anyone?. Have heard nothing back myself.
Spoke to them today Jim, they told me just to send my ICES report off, they already have my application and not to worry about the keyboarding skills as I don't think it can be done here anymore.
They said when I go out there for testing I can do it out there, so I'm hoping they're we're no issues with my application, and they're just waiting for my ICES report now.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Good job mate any idea when we should find out or talk of testing?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jim2001
Good job mate any idea when we should find out or talk of testing?
They didn't give a time frame Jim, my ICES report will take 4 weeks and I've done everything else so I'm hoping anytime after then.
Is it you who works for PSNI?, is there anyway we can exchange phone numbers or email to keep each other updated?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Calling them tomorrow to get an update!!!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Calling them tomorrow to get an update!!!
Let us know mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.