Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Might be able to join a US Police Force??!!

Might be able to join a US Police Force??!!

Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Might be able to join a US Police Force??!!

Hi all,

I remember reading a thread about joining a force out here in the US (for those of us living out here with a green card) but having problems due to not having a US passport...I think I may have found a solution....

Whilst looking at various cities in California, I came across the city of Pasadena (which is just outside LA)...whilst looking at their background info I saw this:

Police Officers serve in a position of public trust and are expected to display the highest standards of conduct in their professional and private lives. The following is a list of automatic "disqualifiers". If any of these issues apply to you, then you will not be eligible for the position of Police Officer.

If you are not a U.S. citizen or naturalized citizen, and you have not applied for naturalization prior to applying for this position, must become a US citizen within 3 years of appointment.

Now I have my green card, so its just a waiting game. I am already a year into my stay here so need to wait another 2 years...are we saying that they will take my application and I could potentially join them? I am going to call tomorrow.

Here is the link for everyone's reference:

http://www.cityofpasadena.net/police...investigation/
Old Aug 12th 2013, 4:56 am
Just Joined

cleverley1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Might be able to join a US Police Force??!!

Definitely worth a phone call.

I will be calling them later today to get to the bottom of this...my phone bill will be sky high!!!