Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

foggy balla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Originally Posted by Steph7
Hey guys, I've been lurking in the background for a while but now the lovely yes email has arrived I thought it was time to be a bit more sociable It is my husband who's applied. He's 31, I'm 27 & we have 2 girls aged 7 & 3. He's in the PSNI. We met while both working for Merseyside Police. I left while pregnant & he transferred to Ireland. I intend on applying once the girls are settled in. Congratulations to everyone who made it.
Steph, similar boat to yourselves. If still online would you pm me please?
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Time4Change is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! Simon (28) live with my Wife and 2 Boys aged 6 and 4 months in Kent. I have 6 years Service with the British Transport Police in South London.
We have been considering a move abroad for a while now when this came up! Currently filling in my application form for international transfer to WAPOL!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Jo72130 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm Jo 27 from cardiff but moved to Essex to join the police 6.5 years ago. I applied to Wapol in 2012 and passed everything pulling out at the visa stage.. I've regretted it ever since and I'm hoping to send off my application tomorrow! Seeing the group of friends I made last time enjoy every minute of it on Facebook has made me regret it even more!

Good luck to all of us applying this time and good luck to those about to make the move!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 7:53 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Time4Change
Hi there! Simon (28) live with my Wife and 2 Boys aged 6 and 4 months in Kent. I have 6 years Service with the British Transport Police in South London.
We have been considering a move abroad for a while now when this came up! Currently filling in my application form for international transfer to WAPOL!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. WAPol will not accept applications from BTP or MOD Plod I'm afraid.

From The Frequently Asked Questions Section:

I am a Police Officer from a country other than the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, can I apply?
No. Only applicants from the compatible police jurisdictions of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland are eligible to apply for this advertised recruitment drive. New Zealand Police Officers are eligible to apply at any time.

Please note that at this time British Transport Police, Ministry of Defence Police and other Military Police Services are not considered as compatible police jurisdictions.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Time4Change
Hi there we have just been successful on the last round of recruitment and my husband starts on the June course. If you need any info about the process just drop me a message.
Vikki