Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Hey guys I just thought it would be nice if we all give each other a wee bit of info in relation to ourselves such as who we would potentially be moving over with, age etc? We all get on great but really are just a username at the minute to each other!

Only bad idea about this thread is that I have to start with me!

Ok I'm 27, female, and would be making the big move on my lonesome
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future
Default Re: Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Male. 39. If fortunste enough to be selected am bringing the current Mrs Bosch(no allowed to say), two kids one boy, one girl (9 and 6) respectively and a cat ( age unknown)

Likes - long boat rides with the elderly,
Dislikes - the eternity of waiting.

HB
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Male. 39. If fortunste enough to be selected am bringing the current Mrs Bosch(no allowed to say), two kids one boy, one girl (9 and 6) respectively and a cat ( age unknown)

Likes - long boat rides with the elderly,
Dislikes - the eternity of waiting.

HB
Hi Harry,

Do you know how long after you hear if you are successful that you will make the move. Getting the cat ready to go can take some time (and expense) and I don't think the quarantine station in WA is open during the summer months.

Just a heads up
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Heh Old Sparkles. No. I don't have any idea how long it would be. All I do know is that the cats coming and to hell with the expense. The kids would be inconsolable if they had to leave her. We'll figure it out though.

That's Mrs Bosch's job. IF I can get us there she can deal with the details. I'm a man. I'd be happy turning up with a pair of Boardies, pair of thongs and some Sunnies.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Heh Old Sparkles. No. I don't have any idea how long it would be. All I do know is that the cats coming and to hell with the expense. The kids would be inconsolable if they had to leave her. We'll figure it out though.

That's Mrs Bosch's job. IF I can get us there she can deal with the details. I'm a man. I'd be happy turning up with a pair of Boardies, pair of thongs and some Sunnies.
Okay - If you can get the cat the rabies shot and test about 6 months before you go, she only has to do 30 days quarantine, but you may also want to check when WA will be open and book her in, otherwise it's Melbourne or Sydney I think. If you ask up in the Australia forum, you will get lots of advice on shipping the cat

Oh and don't forget the sunscreen
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:10 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Me, my wife Katie and our two rug rats, Alex - 6, and Clodagh - 3. No pets!

Have a house that we'll hopefully be renting out, and will be shipping a container of stuff over.

I'm 41, been in the job for 16 1/2 years and have applied as a lateral entrant as I hold Australian citizenship through my Mum, no visa process required for me, although the 110+ pages for the wife's visa is more than enough!

Good on ya Irish, that's a big step on your own, but no less exciting. Do you know anyone over there already?
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Calvin 29, married with three children aged nearly 11, 8 and 4. Been in the job for 9 years and currently an AFO. We have wanted to move for years to WA. Just hoping now is our time. Fingers crossed. I'm hating the waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay. Ian 41, wife Bev, kids who will be 14, 12 & 10 if we make the move in April. Two eldest are boys and the youngest isn't! We will leave our dog behind, he's 10 now and if we don't leave him any food hopefully he will pass away in about 2 weeks!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Me, my wife Katie and our two rug rats, Alex - 6, and Clodagh - 3. No pets!

Have a house that we'll hopefully be renting out, and will be shipping a container of stuff over.

I'm 41, been in the job for 16 1/2 years and have applied as a lateral entrant as I hold Australian citizenship through my Mum, no visa process required for me, although the 110+ pages for the wife's visa is more than enough!

Good on ya Irish, that's a big step on your own, but no less exciting. Do you know anyone over there already?
I've a couple of mates in different parts of Oz but aside from that no!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im ben, 30 years old. Will be coming over if lucky enough with my fiancee. No children yet. A House that I own with my ex partner being rented out. 6 years in west midlands police working in wolverhampton
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:58 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishcop
I've a couple of mates in different parts of Oz but aside from that no!
As I said, good on ya. Must be quite daunting, but such great opportunities for all of us, on our own or with families. Hopefully the support we can give each other will help us all through the early days/weeks/months.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys just be careful how much personal data and info you put on. Maybe a closed Social site group might be a better idea ? This is a public forum and anyone can view. Maybe someone wants to set a private group up and then we can invite the members or at least filter out any nosey parkers !

Bagdog
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagdog
Guys just be careful how much personal data and info you put on. Maybe a closed Social site group might be a better idea ? This is a public forum and anyone can view. Maybe someone wants to set a private group up and then we can invite the members or at least filter out any nosey parkers !

Bagdog
Its not so much a case of nosey parkers. its just that BE is a forum on the world wide internet.
We do try to advise people about posting personal details, but we still get people posting addresses and phone numbers, which we know is a huge privacy risk, and when we see them, we remove them.

BE does have the private message facility, but the software does not allow private groups to be set up, sorry. If you do set up a group elsewhere I hope you will all still check in on BE - your knowledge and experience can help people trying to follow in your footsteps. You have all gained a lot from our site, please try and give a bit back

From personal observation, I would say - as I have before - just remember your future employers may be watching.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you delete or edit your post after its been in for 2 hours.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
How do you delete or edit your post after its been in for 2 hours.
I think after that long you need the help of the forum mod, or a super mod. Sue is moderator for this section, and there is also Pollyana, BEVS and Mitzyboy who are supermods. If you send one of them a pm they can edit a post for you. As there is a post from Polly in this section - if you click on her name, there's a drop down menu that includes send a private message to .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.