Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

Hi,

I thought I would start a new thread regarding getting together after SAPOL info day on Saturday.

It seems we are staying all over London. Some near the Strand, some by the Docklands, we are staying at Washington Mayfair Hotel (which surprizingly enough is in Mayfair!)

I was thinking that it might be an idea to arrange somewhere to meet up for a drink and perhaps a meal afterwards.

Perhaps somewhere close to Strand?

I know that us RIPPOs will have to go to our hotel straight afterwards to check in and get rid of luggage. So wouldn't be able to meet up til say 18.30. I guess there will be others in the same boat.

Does everyone want to eat together? If you fancy that then if someone can recommend a good resturant, I am more than happy to book it is people give me ideas on numbers who want to go.

Perhaps you would prefer to have a drink somewhere 1st, then those who don't all want to eat together, or who have to get home can stay for a while then leave.

I am open to suggestions!

Just thought a bit of planning would take our minds off the dreaded March or not!

Look forward to your ideas!

Ann
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

Hi Ann

Alan and I are casual with any arrangements for the 12th.

As you know we will be taking a train home later in the evening (parent's can't look after the girls overnight on the 12th ).

See you then

Dawn
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:50 pm
HCK
Forum Regular

HCK is an unknown quantity at this point

We are attending the information day on Saturday, but with three children 21, 19 and 9!! so we are travelling back the same night. Thanks for the invite anyway. Still looking forward to seeing everyone.
Helen
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

evening all!

me and lee will be going saturday now, and will prob drive from south wales to reading and hop on the train there. we cant stay the night as lee is on days on the sunday... otherwise we would def be up for a meal and vodka!!!!

anyway... this thing starts at 1pm, right? and goes on til 5pm ish? i reckon we could stay on for a while after if others will be having drinks somewhere before their feast...
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:54 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

you will probably have had enough of Australian things by the end of the day, but may i suggest The Walk About Bar in Covent Garden, cant remember what road it is on, but it is parallel to The Strand and i think the second street up. It is an Ozzie bar and the Bunderberg rum (yum yum you cant beat it) is £2.20 for a double and the beer is cheeper than most bars. it is well worth a look in, Im sure myself and Howard will find ourselves in here at some stage on Saturday.

See you all soon

Coral and H
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:59 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

The wife and I are coming up Friday night and may make a weekend of it (sort of a early Valentines day) so we will be up for a few drinks and a meal. Looking forward to seeing everyone there..... How are we going to recognise each other?
Carnation and a copy of the Times?

Phil.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:06 pm
servibabe

Originally Posted by claguey
The wife and I are coming up Friday night and may make a weekend of it (sort of a early Valentines day) so we will be up for a few drinks and a meal. Looking forward to seeing everyone there..... How are we going to recognise each other?
Carnation and a copy of the Times?

Phil.
What do you look like?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:08 pm
servibabe

Originally Posted by servibabe
What do you look like?
Are you the Phil who did his test and interview last Tuesday if so we had lunch together.
Coral
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi Coral and H,

The Walkabout Bar sounds good, if it is cheap and close by! We have one in Swindon and it is great. I seem to remember if you buy 2 large glasses of wine you get the rest of the bottle free! (Not sure if it is a local initiative or not!)

Will have to think of something to ID us! Mind you a group of coppers on a night out normally stand out!!

According to the net the address for Walkabout is:

11 Henrietta Street & 33 Maiden Lane
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 8PS

Is this favourite for every one then?

Ann
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:21 am
servibabe

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Coral and H,

The Walkabout Bar sounds good, if it is cheap and close by! We have one in Swindon and it is great. I seem to remember if you buy 2 large glasses of wine you get the rest of the bottle free! (Not sure if it is a local initiative or not!)

Will have to think of something to ID us! Mind you a group of coppers on a night out normally stand out!!

According to the net the address for Walkabout is:

11 Henrietta Street & 33 Maiden Lane
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 8PS

Is this favourite for every one then?

Ann
Yes i believe that this is the address, and i dont know about the wine. Im sure we will meet up with some people at the Strand and go on from there. H and I are quite distinctive. H is F601 large build with a bald head and ginger goatie thing and bushy ginger eye brows. I am F503 slim with long blonde hair and not so bushy eye brows. i will be wearing a green short coat with fluff around the hood. H will probably wear his black Nicolson jacket and jeans. I have the phone number of one fella from bonny Scotland and i will ring him to let him know, as i am not sure if he has internet access.

See you all sooner

Coral and H
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

I might dig out a photo of the RIPPOs and sick it on my profile, is that possible? Then you will know who to avoid!!

Ann
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

fg02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Get together after SAPOL info day 12/02/05

hello to all..

I would love to meet up for a few beers and meal. We are staying in Docklands...minus the kids 7 and 3...so we are making the most of the weekend away too. Hubby has promised a chinese meal....yum yum....but we will probably have this friday night in China town district somewhere. Does anyone fancy meeting up on Friday night or are we keeping this meeting for Saturday after events??

Paula
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Chris Mason is an unknown quantity at this point

Walkabout seems to be the place, Cheryl and myself are going down Fri but doing our own thing etc probably. Sat is the logical choice as at least we'll have something more to talk about after we've been inundated with info...he say's. 18:30 sounds fine, but I'm sure we'll meet at the Aus centre anyway. Look forward to sinking a cool one or two
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Great stuff!

Saturday would be good because then we can compare notes! So looks like meet at Walkabout, Covent Garden, after info session!

See you all there

Ann
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:07 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a picture of me and Mrs Clague:

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]

See ya Saturday

Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.