British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   CPS application-Do you need a PNC check if you are a UK PC? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/cps-application-do-you-need-pnc-check-if-you-uk-pc-512242/)

04vancouver Feb 6th 2008 11:44 am

CPS application-Do you need a PNC check if you are a UK PC?

Hi can anyone help please?- About to send off application to Calgary and see that it asks for a police national computer check. Do you need to send one if you are already a UK police officer and if so how do you get one?
Many thanks for any advice/help.

Ben74 Feb 6th 2008 12:19 pm

Re: CPS application-Do you need a PNC check if you are a UK PC?

Hello,

Can't answer I'm afraid but was thinking exactly the same thing. If I get a PNC check done surely my employers are going to know that I am applying?? I was pretty sure from reading the CPS site that the employers do not get alerted until well in to the process (almost finalisation I think). Obviously I was PNC'd when I joined up here 4+ years ago & nothing has changed since then so........ no trace/AIO!! :D

Is it a case of filling in your details on the form & the CPS actually carrying out the PNC though?

Ben

rodders5 Feb 6th 2008 2:47 pm

you dont need a pnc check at all!
Later on through the process they will ask you to apply for information held under freedom of information act, basically costs £10 and you get form from your local police web site and then take to cop shop and they send off to met and get reply in 30 days (I think?)
You dont have to say why want it and I never got asked any questions re it.
hope that helps???:D

ann m Feb 7th 2008 1:39 pm

I don't recall if CPS want one - and too lazy to look it up now - but you should need to provide one later in the process for the PNP/PR application.

And yes, it's £10 - apply through your FOI / Data Bureau department. (It has to be the force where you live). Just send it in, it's going to be pretty anonymous to be honest - they do a check, send it on and something comes back through the post to your home. So unless your Inpsector is married to the admin lady that processes these, no-one should be any the wiser - till you are ready to say something ....

bishy613 Feb 8th 2008 11:35 am

Hi,

The current International application form now requires a PNC check.

It costs £10 and takes around 40 days. You should aply to the force area you live in. It'll usually be on that forces internet site. It'll be called something like police clearance certificate/convictions certificate. You forward it on to the information compliance/data protection person for that force. They then forward it onto to Hendon. You also need 2 x photocopies of ID.

I doubt they will even realise your a serving officer with them as it's a civilianised post. On the form I did you didn't need to state occupation and it goes off to NSY anyway.

Jon