Course dates

Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Course dates

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/new...rse-dates.html

WA Police have updated their course dates. I suspect some of us, who have no commitments etc may be able to jump onto the 20th January course. yey
Old Oct 26th 2013, 8:30 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Course dates

I don't need a visa Paq and whilst I'd love to ditch this place now, January is just a bit rushed for us. However, if they offer it to me, I don't suppose I'll turn it down, but it'd take a lot of organising in a very short space of time, and may even mean me travelling over without the Mrs and kids!
Have you got your visa, or applied for it?
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I have to get a visa. So it may be a tight squeeze but if they offered me to go in January I would jump on it like a thing that jumps on other things it really wants!

I have sent everything (ABCD) off already and so may be able to apply for the visa within next few weeks
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Unfortunately I have to get a visa. So it may be a tight squeeze but if they offered me to go in January I would jump on it like a thing that jumps on other things it really wants!

I have sent everything (ABCD) off already and so may be able to apply for the visa within next few weeks
What you have sent off I don't think is for the visa - you'll be able to re-use your ACPO cert - but visa medicals have to be done by specific doctors, and all family members included in the visa have to do them, as well as get PCC's if over a certain age
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone remind me how many weeks does the transitional course last for?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:44 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

13 weeks Elk, although there was a rumour a while back that they were going to extend it, but don't think that's been brought it yet.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I had 10 weeks in my head for some reason.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Do children have to do it. We got a 7 week old. Surely he wouldn't need one.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:17 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
There is mention on the health declaration related to babies aged between 2 and 8 months being encouraged to be immunised against rotavirus, so my guess is medicals will be necessary, although not all parts will be - no blood pressure test, or urinalysis if I've read the form correctly.

This is a copy of the form for a medical - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/26.pdf and most of the medical is really about past history and known problems. They also check height, weight, eyesight, urinalysis, BP, blood tests for HIV and Hepatitis and chest xray for evidence of TB

There are prices and details of approved centres for visa medicals here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758390 If you are worried at all, contact the one closest to you and find out more info. We went to Bridge clinic and they were lovely
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he will need a medical. Adapted for a baby of course, but he will still need one.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

The inly good thing is with that I might finally get him sorted as he suffering from reflux and my local hospital a waste of space.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:46 am

The inly good thing is with that I might finally get him sorted as he suffering from reflux and my local hospital a waste of space.
Not that sort of medical Vikki - my grandson has reflux and gets a special milk on prescription - might be worth going back to your GP. Send me a pm if you want more info and I can ask my daughter