Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Cops are worth as much as burger flippers

Cops are worth as much as burger flippers

Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cops are worth as much as burger flippers

OOPS! Sorry everybody I forgot about this thread so I'll catch up quickly & briefly;

dreadsoc "it is unjust of you to tar every person in a particular group with the same brush"

If you're assaulted & mugged by a smack head will you be wary of smackheads in future? Of course you will, my experience of 'UK police' (yes simon_cassie it's just British plod I've ever had a problem with, gimme the costa bobbies anyday!) has taught me to treat them as I would a gang of Millwall bushwhackers on a Saturday night.

mhfoster if you had any attention to detail you'd know I emigrated from the UK 3 years ago. Interesting how you don't believe those chanting Moaty could be retired war veterans................. such as myself!

Baz if the hardest part of your job is informing NOK of a death then think yourself lucky you're not a nurse, you'd have to do that ten times a day for less money. You talk down about the Celtic football fans, you've made a rod for your own back there with years & years of abuse, mistreatment & assaulting innocent lawabiding football supporters who want to do nothing more than enjoy their hobby!

geordiebloke also lacks attention to detail, no wonder the UK is full of unsolved crime & the jails full of nothing but motorists. I've posted evidence of my personal experience but you would rather draw on your blinkered viewpoint that the only people who dislike police are criminals.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:35 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

'Retired war veteran.'

What a laugh, did you serve in the 2nd Battalion, Keyboard Warriors?!

You still have not told us what YOU do for a career, what is it that YOU do that is so respected, dangerous, and difficult, that enables you to preach to everyone on this thread?

I am willing to bet you do bugger all.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need much investigative skills to discover what I do for a living Baz, any copper worth his salt knows that already. Would you care to define preaching please? I've merely quoted facts & personal experience and yes some of us were getting our boots dirty while you were still in primary school.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

mhfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Licinius, I apologize for not giving you the attention you think you deserve. For what it's worth, other than sheer amusement, this thread isn't a high priority for me.

People will always slag us, no matter we say or do, and regardless of any facts to the contrary. I accept that you hate the British police; now, accept that you are a dime a dozen and we simply don't care what you think. The vast majority of people accept us, need us, want us, and hell, even LIKE us; therefore, that you do not, is not particularly troubling to me.

To my fellow plod; I would encourage you to let this thread and this troll die a quick and quiet death. I certainly do not plan on responding to this individual's gratuitous insults any more.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 5:44 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mhfoster
Licinius, I apologize for not giving you the attention you think you deserve. For what it's worth, other than sheer amusement, this thread isn't a high priority for me.

People will always slag us, no matter we say or do, and regardless of any facts to the contrary. I accept that you hate the British police; now, accept that you are a dime a dozen and we simply don't care what you think. The vast majority of people accept us, need us, want us, and hell, even LIKE us; therefore, that you do not, is not particularly troubling to me.

To my fellow plod; I would encourage you to let this thread and this troll die a quick and quiet death. I certainly do not plan on responding to this individual's gratuitous insults any more.
Same here MH
For me Licinius has become a boring tedious individual who just goes round and round in circles harping on about the same old thing.

Dread - moving on to a proper debate
x
Old Nov 6th 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhfoster
People will always slag us, no matter we say or do, and regardless of any facts to the contrary. I accept that you hate the British police; now, accept that you are a dime a dozen and we simply don't care what you think. The vast majority of people accept us, need us, want us, and hell, even LIKE us
That is not true mh, people will praise where praise is due, just as they will criticise when criticism is due. If you're criticised more than you're praised, then I'm sorry but you must look to yourself to change it. People do not wake up one morning with a dislike for the police, there must be an action to prompt that reaction.

That takes me onto the next point, what sort of person doesn't care what others think? In five pages of this thread not one person has made a single attempt to try & change my mind. Instead I've just met a wall of abuse & that is what ultimately makes British police so unique. You don't care what people think, you will do things your way & that is that, if Joe Bloggs on the street doesn't like it then tough! Perhaps if you realised your job is to serve the public rather than to master them, the barrier which you have put between yourself & Joe Bloggs over the last 30 years could be removed.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to substaniate your final claim "The vast majority of people accept us, need us, want us, and hell, even LIKE us". If anything the rising number of police complaints suggests quite the opposite.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:10 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I never have nor ever will be a Brit Copper(so now you have have a low opionon of Canadian coppers), ......now go and run along little troll apparently you have a signifcantly more important job to do that the freedom of all western nations hinges on....
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Leighj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by licinius
I will acceopt that statement if you can back it up with hard facts. If you want me to believe that then you need to provide evidence.

As for the difficult job, give me a clue what's hard about it please, I'll bet you a £ to a penny that my job is a 1,000 times harder than yours.

No, you're correct. we're all good for nothing and inherently corrupt. Everyone I work with is undeserving of your praise or appreciation, and indeed you must surely have a tougher job than I could ever imagine.

I work in child protection. I'd add the 'for my sins' at the back of that, but that would indicate that my job was 'hard'. It isn't - It's an absolute doddle, it truly is. Come to think of it, when I hug my little girl at the end of a long day having had to sift through images of abuse that would make a Roaol Moat fans hair curl, dealt with historic paedophilia or the current abuse of a 3 year old baby, I often ask myself how I could spend my time more effectively. So in this respect I truly thank you for allowing me, through your insightful posts and witty repertoire the time to reflect on quite how useless and unappreciated I am - we all are.

Of course I'd be unable to present you with any facts about how 'hard' my job is. So perhaps you could consult media sources or a group of Cardiff fans and let me know where I stand from their perspective. Honestly fella - Me and my colleagues have such a laugh removing kids from faeces ridden squalor. Some days I guffaw all the way home.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:23 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leighj
No, you're correct. we're all good for nothing and inherently corrupt. Everyone I work with is undeserving of your praise or appreciation, and indeed you must surely have a tougher job than I could ever imagine.

I work in child protection. I'd add the 'for my sins' at the back of that, but that would indicate that my job was 'hard'. It isn't - It's an absolute doddle, it truly is. Come to think of it, when I hug my little girl at the end of a long day having had to sift through images of abuse that would make a Roaol Moat fans hair curl, dealt with historic paedophilia or the current abuse of a 3 year old baby, I often ask myself how I could spend my time more effectively. So in this respect I truly thank you for allowing me, through your insightful posts and witty repertoire the time to reflect on quite how useless and unappreciated I am - we all are.

Of course I'd be unable to present you with any facts about how 'hard' my job is. So perhaps you could consult media sources or a group of Cardiff fans and let me know where I stand from their perspective. Honestly fella - Me and my colleagues have such a laugh removing kids from faeces ridden squalor. Some days I guffaw all the way home.
You have my upmost respect ... i used to work CASO (child and sexual offences). Major Crime is a doddle in comparison...