Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

btp service and OZ police

btp service and OZ police

Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Sam btp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default btp service and OZ police

Hi guys and girls !

I have just started with BTP and wondering what you guy know about how the OZ forces view us? As in a compatible force to use in the application process ?

I spoke with a friend who said I might need to transfer to a home office force in order to get my service regonised, it's all ifs and buts at the moment but opinions or facts welcomed
Old Feb 7th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: btp service and OZ police

Purely anecdotal, but I've heard that if you email them asking if BTP service is recognised, they will tell you it is not. However, I've also heard of people putting in applications without asking beforehand and nothing being said about it.

Officially, it would seem that WAPOL do not recognise non-HO forces, including the BTP (which I think is a bit stupid as BTP and HO are so similar).