BERMUDA POLICE

Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

csbrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Now that BPS have named a new commissoner starting in December maybe the will consider overseas hirings......
Old Nov 14th 2009, 12:11 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
It appears that way at the moment.
Anyone in Bermuda yet.........?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Parky1032 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be looking to apply to Bermuda having served 14 yrs in the Met, I did attend an interview about 8 yrs ago but failed it on that occasion. If anyone hears about new recruiting drive i would appreciate a PM

Matt
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

NealR2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by csbrew
Now that BPS have named a new commissoner starting in December maybe the will consider overseas hirings......
One of the first public statements made by the new commissioner was that he was a big believer in Bermudianization of the service. This means he will be looking locally for recruits. Such statements have been made by many previous commissioners, as it's the politically correct thing to say. The reality simply comes down to supply and demand, which is determined by Bermuda's economy. There's greater interest in a police career among locals during times of economic downturn. However, these people tend to leave quickly once the economy improves. The Bermudian personality by and large is not suited to police work. There are a number of things about police work that don't go over well with them, such as fluctuating shift work, the disciplined work environment, paperwork, having to confront your relatives/neighbors/friends, etc., and for all this, a salary that is on par with many easier jobs. This is not meant as a slight on Bermudians, but a reality, being that they are mostly fun-loving, friendly, laid-back, and relaxed. Bermuda has enjoyed a relatively strong economy since the 1950s, and put this all together, and you don't get the same wilingness to be a cop as you would get elsewhere.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Parky1032
I would be looking to apply to Bermuda having served 14 yrs in the Met, I did attend an interview about 8 yrs ago but failed it on that occasion. If anyone hears about new recruiting drive i would appreciate a PM

Matt
Sorry, but you don't fit the profile of what they typically look for. I'm not aware of what made you "fail" previously, but clearly there was something about you that they didn't like. Having 14 years experience will go against you. They typically look for relatively young cops, who in their mind, will have a better chance of integrating. You will be seen as being too set in your ways.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

I've done my research and there is very little on about the police beyond the 80's and early 90's and that's only by very few disgruntled people or so it appears. Of there was such a problem, why has no one else blogged about it? I know someone from my force who came a few years ago & loves it. One of my mates friends is also there loving it.

As it happens this also isn't the 1st time I'll have lived and worked abroad either. I've lived in South Africa and France too. I've always managed to imerse myself in local culture successful, so I don't know why this would be any different.
I have a hard time accepting your statement about a "few disgruntled people". I have re-read some of the posts you refer to, and I was one of them. These posts are well-rounded personal accounts, where both the positives and the negatives are given. I don't think any of them said don't go, but rather go but be aware of a few things. The reason why the posts are mostly made up of people who were there in the 80s and 90s is because that was the time when large numbers of expat UK cops were there. UK-based recruiting fell dramatically after that.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Parky1032

Matt
You might be waiting a while. They're honouring all the job offers of the people they recruited last year as they've taken known of them over yet.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

mhfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daisy D, your last post says that they are honouring the job offers of the people they took last year- any furthers on this? i am one of the ones they took from canada in september 08, and i haven't heard jack squat, even though i've been prodding them as much as i think i can get away with without being classed as a bloody nuisance........

Thanks. (*and Merry Christmas!)
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by mhfoster
Hi Daisy D, your last post says that they are honouring the job offers of the people they took last year- any furthers on this? i am one of the ones they took from canada in september 08, and i haven't heard jack squat, even though i've been prodding them as much as i think i can get away with without being classed as a bloody nuisance........

Thanks. (*and Merry Christmas!)
They are supposed to have sent a letter out to us all, but they haven't by the sounds of things. I certainly have received nothing and notified them of this. Not heard any more since then though. Have you tried calling? I was told this over the phone a couple of months ago.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:47 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

They are supposed to have sent a letter out to us all, but they haven't by the sounds of things. I certainly have received nothing and notified them of this. Not heard any more since then though. Have you tried calling? I was told this over the phone a couple of months ago.
A mate is in the process. He spoke to Fiona something due to the change in personnel at the top they'll be starting a fresh recruiting drive in April.
All from scratch.
So everyone's in with a chance.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fabledbananna
A mate is in the process. He spoke to Fiona something due to the change in personnel at the top they'll be starting a fresh recruiting drive in April.
All from scratch.
So everyone's in with a chance.
That seems a bit strange given they have all the correct paperwork from officers they've already interviewed and will have to pay back the costs of all their tests and medicals regardless. Seems more sense to start with them first.

When you say your mate is in the process, what do you mean?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:14 pm
Banned

Jezzer B is an unknown quantity at this point

I narrowly missed the last recruitment drive but I sent the application in anyway. I didn't hear anything at all and then out of the blue I got a call asking me to attend an interview in Mayfair later this year!! They said that there were some immigration issues previously - don't understand what.... Anyway I'm so pleased to have an interview after all this time. Can any of you help with what I'm likely to expect in the interview? the type of questions they ask? Any information would be greatly appreciated. If I get to Bermuda I'll buy you all a drink.
Thanks Jez.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jezzer B
I narrowly missed the last recruitment drive but I sent the application in anyway. I didn't hear anything at all and then out of the blue I got a call asking me to attend an interview in Mayfair later this year!! They said that there were some immigration issues previously - don't understand what.... Anyway I'm so pleased to have an interview after all this time. Can any of you help with what I'm likely to expect in the interview? the type of questions they ask? Any information would be greatly appreciated. If I get to Bermuda I'll buy you all a drink.
Thanks Jez.
Hi Jez,
sounds like the same situation as my mate. If you PM me I'll give you his details. I think the immigration issues were that they didn't advertise in the local press initially, so the Immigration dept made a big hoo-haa to the government and they had to start from scratch.

Apparently they've got to advertise the jobs for local people first and if they get no joy then open it up to international candidates. Didn't happen in the previous case, the BPS opened it up to international applicants straight off, which is a big No-No.

DaisyD when I say in the process I mean he's got a date of April 6th for an interview.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:06 pm
Banned

Thanks for the info re immigration Fabled Bananna, I've tried to PM you but can't untill I've done 3 posts.....
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:08 pm
Banned

Here's the 3rd, I will send a PM for your mates contact details. Thank you, I owe you a beer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.