BERMUDA POLICE

Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:59 am
Just Joined

csbrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Hi,
I have been keeping an eye on this topic for a few months now. I am just wondering how DaisyD_UK and ESTM have made out. Have you had any news from the Bermuda Police Service as of yet?

I check the Bermuda Police Service website on a regular basis and it still indicates that they are not looking for overseas applicants. I sent the BPS an email more than a month ago with an inquiry and have still not received a response, have any of you had any luck with email inquiries?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CSBREW

With regards to communication and responding to emails they are quite slow. I do think this has got to do with the fact that at this time they have enough officers in Bermuda, if they were actively recruting abroad then i imagine they would respond quicker.

Daisy has actualy gone through the recruiting process and is awaiting to start there, i however am still waiting to go through the process. I did send an application about 9 months ago and they told me that they were keeping it on file until they recruit again.

I am to actively looking on the site to see if they start international recruiting again, i cant wait to get things moving.

Are you in the police at the mo?

Eddie
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:49 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Originally Posted by csbrew
Hi,
I have been keeping an eye on this topic for a few months now. I am just wondering how DaisyD_UK and ESTM have made out. Have you had any news from the Bermuda Police Service as of yet?

I check the Bermuda Police Service website on a regular basis and it still indicates that they are not looking for overseas applicants. I sent the BPS an email more than a month ago with an inquiry and have still not received a response, have any of you had any luck with email inquiries?
Gosh if this is how they treat perspective employees imagine how they treat the dogs working for them....
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by fabledbananna
Gosh if this is how they treat perspective employees imagine how they treat the dogs working for them....
I smell a troll.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Skids is an unknown quantity at this point

No overseas recruiting just yet and could be many more months before it starts again. Local courses are still happening and until local numbers of applicants reduce then its not looking too bright for those waiting.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the responses.

I have always had it in my mind to at least apply to BPS and see what happens. I was hoping by sending them an email someone might respond and I would at least have a contact person to make a few inquiries. I am still hoping that they might send an email acknowledging my inquiry but after a month of waiting perhaps that is wishful thinking! I just used the recruiting email address on their site, is that what you have used?

I am very familiar with island and the going’s on when it comes to hiring for any job in BDA so the fact that they are still searching for locals to fill the positions is not at all surprising.

ESTM, yes I am a police constable and have been for 12 years.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:20 am
Just Joined

I should have asked in the above post, how does the hiring process work? Does one fly to the island to do tesing and interviews?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point

From what i know, you apply by sending them your cv.

if successful they then ask you to come for and interview in hammersmith where normally 2 people interview you, a superintendent, and someone from HR

They ask your intentions to on coming to Bermuda, and what you can offer. They also get a better picture of experience you have, ie firearms, drugs etc (which is their main problems)

At the end of the interview they either offer you a position, or not from what ive been told. If your successful they give you aload of forms to fill in and send back to them, PDR appraisels etc you also have to get some xrays done in London which costs you a couple of hundred pounds, but they reimburse this once you start your training.

Mate the person you need to get info from is a woman called SGT Fiona Miller, she is the recruiting sergeant. Ill try and dig up her email and send it to you in you private box.

The info ive given you is from Skids and Daisy as they have gone through it all, but i know they dont come on here alot so thought id help you out (this is what i did basically when i 1st came on here)

At the start of the year when bermuda didnt know where they were going if you sent an email you got a response within a few days (well i did anyway) but since theyve sorted themselves out recruit wise they dont seem to reply for ages, i think its a case of needs must.

What do you do in your current force mate, Im with Surrey Police.

Eddie
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:40 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
I smell a troll.
Just saying what I see DaisyDoo, nothing more...!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Skids is an unknown quantity at this point

@csbrew..Applications normally invited through Police Review. Then interiews normally held over a week in London. No apptitude or physical testing as such (they're looking for previous policing experience).

Emails to the recruiting address usually go unanswered. ESTM is correct with evertyhing else.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Skids
No overseas recruiting just yet and could be many more months before it starts again. Local courses are still happening and until local numbers of applicants reduce then its not looking too bright for those waiting.
For us who are waiting and already had a conditional job offer etc, we've been told (or at least we should have recieved letters by now) saying that they are not bringing over any of us from overseas yet, but they will honour the job offers when they are allowed to bring overseas officers over again.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

giantpeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Has anyone on this forum been successful in applying for a position in Bermuda and actually been posted there? I'd be really interested to know your recent experiences with relocating and settling in.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Thnks for the responses.
DaisyD_uk, does the BPS just tell you that you will be hired and trained at some point in time in the future, no specific dates?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
For us who are waiting and already had a conditional job offer etc, we've been told (or at least we should have recieved letters by now) saying that they are not bringing over any of us from overseas yet, but they will honour the job offers when they are allowed to bring overseas officers over again.

I'm sure they will...
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csbrew
Thnks for the responses.
DaisyD_uk, does the BPS just tell you that you will be hired and trained at some point in time in the future, no specific dates?
It appears that way at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.