BERMUDA POLICE

Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:57 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Originally Posted by slidingbyee
Oh Daisy - well let me be the first one to take the bait. I'm very confident not much has changed in the Bermuda police. Like many of the other 'posters' here from what it appears you deem another age. I have visited frequently and kept up to date with the news, politics etc of Bermuda. Lets just say the physical location is the same and the actors and players are pretty much the same only more powerful. Very little has changed. As for the british forces being different today than then (lol) - my many contacts tell me things have definitely changed for the worse.

As for Bermuda - read the posts carefully - I don't think any of us advocate not going to Bermuda - we just want to open your eyes and let you know what awaits as it is not for everyone. I would still go today knowing what I now know. As they say it is those that don't know what they don't know that fall afoul. Must go another beautiful sunset awaits

as below, to which you did not reply, is there any particular reason you are trolling around the police forum, or is it simply the implied reason below.

Quote:
I just youtubed the PARE test - if I got the correct one you most all be having a laugh if you think that is hard!! Either that or the Uk police really have started employing chocolate fireguards in my absence

wow, thanks for that contribution, i take it you are a long serving former police officer with international policing experience, as well experience in recruiting and police training that would put you in a position to comment. then again you could just be a knob, who knows?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I've only visited Bermuda once for a couple of days. Had a great time and in the short stopover managed to see many parts of it. Although it was very enjoyable I do not know if I could stay there for a long time, you would see everything in detail in about six weeks, after that you'd need some real interesting hobbies to keep you going, OK if you wanted to write that novel or get a good telescope and watch the stars.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Oh Daisy - well let me be the first one to take the bait. I'm very confident not much has changed in the Bermuda police. Like many of the other 'posters' here from what it appears you deem another age. I have visited frequently and kept up to date with the news, politics etc of Bermuda. Lets just say the physical location is the same and the actors and players are pretty much the same only more powerful. Very little has changed. As for the british forces being different today than then (lol) - my many contacts tell me things have definitely changed for the worse.

As for Bermuda - read the posts carefully - I don't think any of us advocate not going to Bermuda - we just want to open your eyes and let you know what awaits as it is not for everyone. I would still go today knowing what I now know. As they say it is those that don't know what they don't know that fall afoul. Must go another beautiful sunset awaits
I've done my research and there is very little on about the police beyond the 80's and early 90's and that's only by very few disgruntled people or so it appears. Of there was such a problem, why has no one else blogged about it? I know someone from my force who came a few years ago & loves it. One of my mates friends is also there loving it.

As it happens this also isn't the 1st time I'll have lived and worked abroad either. I've lived in South Africa and France too. I've always managed to imerse myself in local culture successful, so I don't know why this would be any different.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonjohn83
Ladies and gents of course just a little update some of you like myself applied for transfers and recruitment for the bermuda police service and had an interview last september 2008 at novotel hammersmith london. I had word yesterday from sgt Miller that all of will be on an intake and will be moved over to Bermuda. The current econmical climate has caused them to put on hold intake drives but this will be lifited very soon. Its a situation of when we are going not if she states that the only how we won't go to Bermuda is if you pull out or say you cannot go letters or email will be sent out to all of us who has passed the selection process and sent over your details to the recruitment department hope this helps
Jon how long after sending your medicals etc did you hear that all those were ok?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: BERMUDA POLICE

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I've only visited Bermuda once for a couple of days. Had a great time and in the short stopover managed to see many parts of it. Although it was very enjoyable I do not know if I could stay there for a long time, you would see everything in detail in about six weeks, after that you'd need some real interesting hobbies to keep you going, OK if you wanted to write that novel or get a good telescope and watch the stars.
Yay! I happen to be a writer too!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rae
as below, to which you did not reply, is there any particular reason you are trolling around the police forum, or is it simply the implied reason below.

Quote:
I just youtubed the PARE test - if I got the correct one you most all be having a laugh if you think that is hard!! Either that or the Uk police really have started employing chocolate fireguards in my absence

wow, thanks for that contribution, i take it you are a long serving former police officer with international policing experience, as well experience in recruiting and police training that would put you in a position to comment. then again you could just be a knob, who knows?
All of the above

Out of curiosity I youtubed the Pare test since everyone was saying how hard it was. If what I saw on YT was the current PARE ( and it looked like an official video) I really don't see the hardship.

Of course I heard rumors of some Uk forces employing cardboard cutouts as a cost serving measure. Said cardboard cutouts might find the PARE difficult?

Last edited by slidingbyee; Aug 19th 2009 at 5:59 pm. Reason: dite
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:38 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

All of the above

Out of curiosity I youtubed the Pare test since everyone was saying how hard it was. If what I saw on YT was the current PARE ( and it looked like an official video) I really don't see the hardship.

Of course I heard rumors of some Uk forces employing cardboard cutouts as a cost serving measure. Said cardboard cutouts might find the PARE difficult?
fair enough, all i can say then, is that doing it is nothing like it looks. considering we took, from 1997 when i started, just about anyone who could get past level 5 on the bleep test, do 20 press ups and grip a bit, its a vast difference. fitness levels in the UK have always been appalling compared to north america from what i believe, so i would say its always been the case that these fireguards have been employed, but now some of them are coming over here and really cannot take the heat.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

The PARE in the UK is pretty bad now. They only need to run to 5.4 (on the new style bleep test) - it was 8.1 when I joined - and they need to do the push/pull test. I had to do an agility sprint, grip test, push ups and flexibility test when I did it. The bad thing is our PPE trainers were saying they still have people who fail 5.4! You can flipping walk most of that!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

samgriff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I know these questions have already been answered by PM (I think that means private message!!) but here goes......

I am currently a serving police officer in the Uk and would like to explore the possbility of moving to Bermuda.

I have reviewed all the above messages and have noticed that 'Fiona' seems to hold the key to recruitment. Please can someone advise me of how I can contact her or contact her on my behalf to find out when the next recruitment drive is.

Many thanks

Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

need to get my posts to 3 to submit a PM
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

need to get my posts to 3 to submit a PM
thanks
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samgriff
Hello

I know these questions have already been answered by PM (I think that means private message!!) but here goes......

I am currently a serving police officer in the Uk and would like to explore the possbility of moving to Bermuda.

I have reviewed all the above messages and have noticed that 'Fiona' seems to hold the key to recruitment. Please can someone advise me of how I can contact her or contact her on my behalf to find out when the next recruitment drive is.

Many thanks

ESTM has been trying to get in on the next round of recruitment, however it doesn't look like there will be one for a while. They recruited quite a few from the UK last year (me included) and, as far as I'm aware, no one from it has been given a start date over there yet. Of course, when the start taking overseas cops, they'll take us who are lined up to go first well before starting the recruitment process from scratch again. I think you might be in for a long wait!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point

Im still waiting, and i promise you i will wait this one out!!!!!

The best thing for me is to stop letting it play on my mind as im so keen to get the ball rolling and this is coming from someone who hasnt even poss got a start date as of yet ie DAISYUK

SAM ive sent you a PM with some info ect, get back to me matey if you want some more help, i can only give you info on what ive been involved with...
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Sorry ETSM I'm not really used to this web discussion stuff so I seem to have lost your private message (something about a popping up blocker).

Please re send and sorry to mess you around

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: BERMUDA POLICE

I'm getting fed up with their lack of communication.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.