Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

A, B, C, D assessment help

A, B, C, D assessment help

Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A, B, C, D assessment help

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Just going through the P58 form for my medical tomorrow. Section 1.7 - current or passed prescriptions.

How much detail have people gone into with this? I'm 41 years old, there's not enough space to fit it in? Nothing outrageous, mainly penicillin for various illnesses, but without ringing every Dr I've ever been with, I'm not going to be able to complete this part!

Any suggestions please?
I just put antibiotics for illnesses such as chest infection but a long time ago... Hopefully will suffice.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:36 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deadlyminimee
I just put antibiotics for illnesses such as chest infection but a long time ago... Hopefully will suffice.
Did you specify dates, deadly? By your answer I'm guessing no! I've emailed Amy and asked her to clarify for me. I can get it from my current Drs no problem, but I must have been registered with another 4/5 surgeries over the years!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Did you specify dates, deadly? By your answer I'm guessing no! I've emailed Amy and asked her to clarify for me. I can get it from my current Drs no problem, but I must have been registered with another 4/5 surgeries over the years!
No dates, I have no idea when I last went to the quack never mind when I was last prescribed drugs.... I try not to go the docs, and I've never been prescribed anything other than your normal....
Old Oct 21st 2013, 7:57 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks deadly.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks deadly.
No worries , I've got the alcohol results from custody, getting drug results via a test from the internet which the doc said they would carry out so can't say it's been too much hassle.... touch wood....
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys with your prescribed medication, if you remember on the original Application form, the BDF overseas form, it requested "Any prescribed medication over the last 3 years" I would hazard a guess, and it is a guess, but they are basically asking the same question. So I will go back 3 years, if they want more I'm sure they will ask. I have my forms saved so shall just check back and view them.
Cheers
Bagdog
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:22 pm
Living the dream in WA

Originally Posted by bagdog
Guys with your prescribed medication, if you remember on the original Application form, the BDF overseas form, it requested "Any prescribed medication over the last 3 years" I would hazard a guess, and it is a guess, but they are basically asking the same question. So I will go back 3 years, if they want more I'm sure they will ask. I have my forms saved so shall just check back and view them.
Cheers
Bagdog
I emailed Amy at recruitment saying that it would be nearly impossible to list ALL previously prescribed medication. In the email I said 'I'm not currently taking any prescribed medicine, however over the last couple of years I've had antibiotics for tonsillitis and painkillers for tennis elbow'. Her reply was to put just that!! I get the feeling they are only concerned if you are on regular prescription medication, and not bothered about the usual stuff that most of us pick up from time to time.

Anyway, medical done today at PHC in Maidstone. All good, watched as the Dr signed me off as suitable after going through the numerous tests. Obviously have to wait for the urine analysis to come back on Thursday before they can mail everything off to Amy.

So, another hurdle cleared, just got to wait for various certificates to arrive, get everything certified and mail it across.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

DVLA requested and on the way, Medical tomorrow at the docs, got it for just under £120, which is reasonable I thought, if you look how much medicare and dentists costs in Oz we better get used to paying for docs !

Equifax and Police still to do.

Do we have it confirmed what HB said about scanned emailed copies which are verified are accepted ? and who are people getting to certify them ?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:35 pm
Living the dream in WA

Originally Posted by bagdog
DVLA requested and on the way, Medical tomorrow at the docs, got it for just under £120, which is reasonable I thought, if you look how much medicare and dentists costs in Oz we better get used to paying for docs !

Equifax and Police still to do.

Do we have it confirmed what HB said about scanned emailed copies which are verified are accepted ? and who are people getting to certify them ?
I've been told that everything can be scanned and mailed across. The only document Amy is requesting to be certified is the Police Clearance cert. Think I'll get everything certified anyway, just to be sure. I'll ask a colleague or my skipper to do it.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Bagdog. Didnt think you guys doon South required corroboration?

Here's the body of the email

"You can email me copies of the police certificate, bankruptcy and driver record but they will need to be certified please. The medical, however will need to be scanned and emailed to me by the doctor and I won't need the original. The drug screen can be emailed to me by either the doctor or the laboratory/hospital that is doing it."

My Sgt will certify them.

HB
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Down South ? I'm in Middle Earth mate, the Shires of the Midlands :-)

Yeah I'll get my Sgt to verify everything then and I'm letting the Docs sort out and send everything regarding the medical, but I'll be chasing them every day until they do it.

Then it's on to stressing about the visa :-)
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Still doon South to me mate.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:43 pm
Living the dream in WA

Luckily, one thing I don't have to worry about is a visa, however the wife and kids do need them. Still got to renew my Aussie passport, but will wait for the definite yes before shelling that money out!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

I still can't believe that we at this stage. It's seems surreal that its actually happening. Glad we all sharing the process together its made it all so much easier and less stressful knowing you can talk to others going through it.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
I still can't believe that we at this stage. It's seems surreal that its actually happening. Glad we all sharing the process together its made it all so much easier and less stressful knowing you can talk to others going through it.
On a night shift Vikki?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.