Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

A, B, C, D assessment help

A, B, C, D assessment help

Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

iconn80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A, B, C, D assessment help

I've booked my medical through phcohealth pricey but hey ho
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my husband booked in at our gp £78 for it
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what reg is? X
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adix2011
Anyone know what reg is? X
Sorry I dont. Email Sue at recruiting. She'll know.... hopefully and we should all have an answer to that one. Just off for my medical.....
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:59 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question, people are saying they're going to use an intoximeter machine to test for alcohol. Now forgive me, it's been 11 years since I've been anywhere near a custody suite, or police station for that matter, but do these machines now test urine for alcohol? If not, and I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think a breath test is what WAPol are after for alcohol testing.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Just a quick question, people are saying they're going to use an intoximeter machine to test for alcohol. Now forgive me, it's been 11 years since I've been anywhere near a custody suite, or police station for that matter, but do these machines now test urine for alcohol? If not, and I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think a breath test is what WAPol are after for alcohol testing.
No gregster they don't test or take the pi.... Sorry urine. WaPol are happily accepting the intoxyliser results for the alcohol breath analysis. I hope this helps you buddy in your quest to locate a custody suite near to you....
Old Oct 17th 2013, 1:31 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddjose
No gregster they don't test or take the pi.... Sorry urine. WaPol are happily accepting the intoxyliser results for the alcohol breath analysis. I hope this helps you buddy in your quest to locate a custody suite near to you....
Thanks for that! What's a custody suite!!

I'm getting everything done through phcohealth when I manage to get some time to go and they have a space.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find any mention of a alcohol test on the email. Where does it say that.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
I can't find any mention of a alcohol test on the email. Where does it say that.
Vikki.... It's shown as the top of the example pathology report for the drug testing.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

T1ta is an unknown quantity at this point

I will hopefully be booking with phco health tomorrow. Spoke to them today, very helpful!
thanks for the advice!!
Old Oct 17th 2013, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Busy day today for yours truly. Went to Optician and got a copy of my last eye test for the medical. Even persuaded the nice lady to Photocopy my Passport. Straight up to Post Office and sent of my Police Clearance application. £59 Including the Cost of the posting and the Postal Order

Then printed of my Credit Report and mocked up my Drugs test form for my medical with OH on 29th.

Hardest thing was refraining from going to the Dr's and stringing the money grabbing bassas up for attempting to charge me £200 for a medical - that didnt include the drugs test.

Drivers Record - application in, fee paid - awaiting delivery
Bankruptcy - printed off ready for posting
Police Ckearance - application sent, fee paid - awaiting delivery
Medical - 29/11 at OH ( No thanks to Dr Scrooge )

It's all coming together folks.
HB
Old Oct 18th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

I can't believe how much people are paying for what is only a pre employment medical. You should be able to get your Gp to do this (for a small fee generally) as for the drug and alcohol testing please check this site out www.drugtestingclinics.co.uk. They're all over the UK and the pre employment drug and alcohol test is £50 + vat. I've not used them but did call them, they're extremely professional and say they're very fast at getting the results and relevant paperwork to you (24hrs if u attend a clinic).

This whole process is very expensive and we all want in but why pay more than you really have or need to. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Maddjose - I was furious when my Dr's surgery quoted £150 for a medical that didnt even include the Lung test or drug test. They wanted £50 for lung and didnt do drug test at all. So essentially £150 for measuring my height, weight ,taking my blood and hitting my knee with a hammer.

I had to politely decline their very kind offer and turn on the HarryBosch charm with the nice ladies at OH. There's a couple of very large bouquets if flowers heading their way and an enormously scathing letter heading the GP's.

HB
Old Oct 18th 2013, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
Maddjose - I was furious when my Dr's surgery quoted £150 for a medical that didnt even include the Lung test or drug test. They wanted £50 for lung and didnt do drug test at all. So essentially £150 for measuring my height, weight ,taking my blood and hitting my knee with a hammer.

I had to politely decline their very kind offer and turn on the HarryBosch charm with the nice ladies at OH. There's a couple of very large bouquets if flowers heading their way and an enormously scathing letter heading the GP's.

HB
They're are disgrace.

Luckily mine is a legend and quite happy to waive the fees as he knows how much it's costing me and he's the senior partner!!! Others would have charged me between £170 - £200, so a couple of decent bottles of red heading Dr J's way.

Im sure the ladies at your farces OH will enjoy the flowers and the HB charm offensive.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Adix2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

HarryBosch - Did you go through equifax to get your credit report. I registered with them and I'm STILL waiting for it to be ready to be viewed so I can print it off. I wonder how long this takes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.