Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Gas Fitter / Plumber Sydney

Gas Fitter / Plumber Sydney

Old Aug 10th 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

jamiet1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Gas Fitter / Plumber Sydney

Hi Guys,

Im Currently working for British Gas but moving in june 2015 to Cronulla, Sydney.

Im moving over there on a temp partner visa as my partner is from there.

Everyone on these forums seem to move to Queensland or Western Australia.

I am currently qualified in City and Guilds Level 2&3 Domestic Gas Installation and Maintenance.
I have my Gas Safe Registration in Natural Gas in the following units ; CCN1 - Core GAs Safety, CENWAT - Water Heaters/Boilers, CKR1 - Cooking Appliances, DAH1 - Ducted Air Heaters, HTR1 - Gas Fires and CPA1 - Combustion Performance Analysis.
I also hold my Gas Safe Registration in the following LPG units ; CONGLP1PD - Permanent Dwellings, CONGLP1LAV - Leisure Accommodation, CONGLP1RPH - Residential Park Homes and HTRLP2 - Install, Exchange, Service, Repair, Breakdown, Commission LPG Gas Fires.
Domestic Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems and Water Regulations.

I also hold a City and Guilds Level 2 in Basic Plumbing Studies But this is not a NVQ just what i did before joining BG.

If anyone has any information of what is the best way to get working in the plumbing/gas industry in NSW it would be much appreciated or if the best option would be to go to TAFE to start again with the plumbing so i get a Australian qualification.

Regards

Jamie
Old Aug 16th 2014, 1:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Fitter / Plumber Sydney

Originally Posted by jamiet1989
Hi Guys,

Im Currently working for British Gas but moving in june 2015 to Cronulla, Sydney.

Im moving over there on a temp partner visa as my partner is from there.

Everyone on these forums seem to move to Queensland or Western Australia.

I am currently qualified in City and Guilds Level 2&3 Domestic Gas Installation and Maintenance.
I have my Gas Safe Registration in Natural Gas in the following units ; CCN1 - Core GAs Safety, CENWAT - Water Heaters/Boilers, CKR1 - Cooking Appliances, DAH1 - Ducted Air Heaters, HTR1 - Gas Fires and CPA1 - Combustion Performance Analysis.
I also hold my Gas Safe Registration in the following LPG units ; CONGLP1PD - Permanent Dwellings, CONGLP1LAV - Leisure Accommodation, CONGLP1RPH - Residential Park Homes and HTRLP2 - Install, Exchange, Service, Repair, Breakdown, Commission LPG Gas Fires.
Domestic Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems and Water Regulations.

I also hold a City and Guilds Level 2 in Basic Plumbing Studies But this is not a NVQ just what i did before joining BG.

If anyone has any information of what is the best way to get working in the plumbing/gas industry in NSW it would be much appreciated or if the best option would be to go to TAFE to start again with the plumbing so i get a Australian qualification.

Regards

Jamie
You could try getting your skills assessed on arrival. Have you looked here - Skills and trade recognition
Old Jan 18th 2015, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

petek84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gas Fitter / Plumber Sydney

hi Jamie,
I am very interested in hearing how your getting on,i seem to be in a very similar boat as you as far as qualifications go apart from I don't have lpg,
I also work for bg but I work for the social housing side.
im considering the move to oz but im having a nightmare finding good advice,i will be applying for the skilled 189 visa but im unsure whether to just go over with savings and sort everything there or whether to do a skills assessment here in the uk and use a college to gain qualifications when I get there whilst working as a labourer.
your advice would be grately appreciated if you've managed to climb this mountain.
thanks
pete