Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Plumbing in oz with a 12 month working visa??

Plumbing in oz with a 12 month working visa??

Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Frank_Britton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing in oz with a 12 month working visa??

hi

I am 23 looking to go to Australia in Jan 2009 to work for 12 months and will be going with my girlfriend who is also 23 with a view of moving out there permanantly if we enjoy it. We are looking to be staying in the Gold Coast area and would like to know if anyone knows what the steps are to do this. I have looked for jobs on www.seek.com but most will not offer me anything because it is so long away, as am I.

I am a fully quallified plumber with City and Guilds level 2 and 3, advanced plumbing, water regs, unvented hot water and gas (domestic gas saftey, fires and water heaters and boilers <70kw) and have been plumbing for 6 years. I have looked at the state provisional licence and guess that I have to apply before I get there or would be better to do so.

Should I apply for jobs when we get there- assuming that I will be able to get a job in Gold Coast straight away, or at least within a month or so?

Also accomodation - do we look into arranging somewhere to rent over the net before we get there, or go over and stay in hotel like accomodation until we find something?... it's all so confusing!

any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

cheers

Frank