Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Plumbing needs info or job in Canada

Plumbing needs info or job in Canada

Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Granville4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing needs info or job in Canada

I am a 24 year old plumber & gas engineer that wonts to move to Canada and have recently be made redundant because company i worked for went bust and have been looking in to moving to Canada for a while but now i don't have a job in the UK i would like to go to Canada as soon as so basically does any one know the best and quickest way about getting a job out there.
Any info welcome thank you
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:13 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing needs info or job in Canada

Originally Posted by Granville4
I am a 24 year old plumber & gas engineer that wonts to move to Canada and have recently be made redundant because company i worked for went bust and have been looking in to moving to Canada for a while but now i don't have a job in the UK i would like to go to Canada as soon as so basically does any one know the best and quickest way about getting a job out there.
Any info welcome thank you
Hi
We're looking at the same kinda thing and there are number of things for consideration.
Key thing seems to be where you want to go to in Canada, if you can go somewhere that has plumbing on the list of vocation which they are short of in that province, then hey presto.
As I understand it, Canadians prefer to see you face to face before offering jobs, (and your CV needs to be changed to Canadian format, see Wiki guide at top of page) and a reccy is preferred to meet a few people for them to get an LMO in place and offer a job, then you can either apply for a TWP to get out there ASAP, or you can apply for PR with a job offer.

Hope this helps, this is just my understanding of it and am sure others will add in some super-useful comments to help you along your way.
Colette ;o)