Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Plumbing at Home Depot, Texas

Plumbing at Home Depot, Texas

Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:54 am
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing at Home Depot, Texas

I qualified as a Electrician and a Plumber. A rare bird, you might say....

Nothing prepares you for the stupid American public.......

Typical Questions.

It doesn't fit, can I shoehorn 3" San Tee into 4" San Tee?

My toilet is leaking, why? ( No parts, explanation.....Nothing)

My favorite of all.

A Mexican gentleman, banging 2 parts of Schedule 40 together, saying.." No Sheet"
Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Default Re: Plumbing at Home Depot, Texas

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
I qualified as a Electrician and a Plumber. A rare bird, you might say....

Nothing prepares you for the stupid American public.......

Typical Questions.

It doesn't fit, can I shoehorn 3" San Tee into 4" San Tee?

My toilet is leaking, why? ( No parts, explanation.....Nothing)

My favorite of all.

A Mexican gentleman, banging 2 parts of Schedule 40 together, saying.." No Sheet"
Here's one for you. A mate of mine fitted a new central heating system (oil fired) combi. New boiler (existing system had been electric storage heaters), new rads etc and tied into the existing hot water system (Hep2o). Fires up the heating, no problem, opens up the first hot tap downstairs and an elbow blows off in the attic, repairs it and then another blows off under a washbasin. The hot system had been installed with no inserts! He asked me to go round and price up sorting the job out, and whilst there he was telling me about another visit he did last week, again another oil combi. Phone call from a customer, "my boilers leaking!", he called round and it was a leaking flow switch. Changed it and fired up the boiler. Went to the first tap, opened it, the boiler didn't run but scalding hot water came out of the tap. Checked a couple of others, exactly the same. Spent a bit of time scratching his head until the customer asked what was the problem. He told him the boiler wasn't firing and he couldn't understand where the hot water was coming from. Customer tells him it's from the hot water cylinder upstairs. Went through the usual, "shouldn't have one of them if you have a combi", but it turns out that the person who installed the combi 4 years ago took the DHW supply from the boiler into the concrete and capped it. Cut and capped the circs to the DHW cylinder and left it running on the immersion!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

york1e is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Plumbing at Home Depot, Texas

Hey Simon, and i bet the bodging barsteward who did that would pass the TRA lmao :curse: