Plumber wanting Australia

Old Mar 15th 2017, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Dannyhlfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumber wanting Australia

I am a qualified plumber NVQ3 and I want to move to Australia. What do I need to do qualification wise to make it possible to work there? Where would anybody recommend? I want beaches and city life and also schools for 2 young children. What is the pay like for a plumber and working hours etc. I am self employed in England doing bathroom suites start to finish apart from the electrics but I am wanting to find a company to work for in Oz.
Thanks in advance for any help
Old Mar 15th 2017, 1:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumber wanting Australia

Originally Posted by Dannyhlfc
I am a qualified plumber NVQ3 and I want to move to Australia. What do I need to do qualification wise to make it possible to work there? Where would anybody recommend? I want beaches and city life and also schools for 2 young children. What is the pay like for a plumber and working hours etc. I am self employed in England doing bathroom suites start to finish apart from the electrics but I am wanting to find a company to work for in Oz.
Do you qualify for a visa? Start at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see.

Bear in mind that beaches and city could be anywhere. You're going to have to be a bit more specific in what/where you want.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Dannyhlfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you qualify for a visa? Start at Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see.

Bear in mind that beaches and city could be anywhere. You're going to have to be a bit more specific in what/where you want.
I was thinking Queensland
Old Mar 15th 2017, 10:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking Queensland
Right. So do you qualify for the visa? If not then the rest is moot
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:06 pm
Banned

suzan454 is an unknown quantity at this point

What would it take an American plumber to switch in Australia?

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 29th 2017 at 10:17 pm. Reason: Remove link.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:08 am
Just Joined

nuzil is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 20 years old and I want to know if I could move to Australia if I want in a few years as a plumber.

I went to college for two years and have a level 2 city and guilds diploma.

If anyone could tell me what they know it would be much appreciated thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nuzil
I'm 20 years old and I want to know if I could move to Australia if I want in a few years as a plumber.

I went to college for two years and have a level 2 city and guilds diploma.

If anyone could tell me what they know it would be much appreciated thanks.
Have a look at this thread : http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...advice-875897/
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Be aware though that a lot of actual visa details may have changed since that thread was started. Be sure to check the current requirements on Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:53 am
Just Joined

nuzil is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys know about NVQ's?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Be aware though that a lot of actual visa details may have changed since that thread was started. Be sure to check the current requirements on Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Thanks Pollyana. Never crossed my mind! Have a hug.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Thanks Pollyana. Never crossed my mind! Have a hug.

The basics are still the same and its a good thread, just worth the OP ensuring the visa details are up-to-date.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 12:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nuzil
Do you guys know about NVQ's?
Skills assessments for plumbers will want to see around 4000 hours of training (I think). They check to see if the training you have done would be equivalent to the AQF Cert III. I think I have read that an NVQ 2 or 3 will meet this requirement, but it all depends on how you present your evidence, what on the job skills you have covered, etc.

I would check out the Vetassess website info. They are not the only RTO that can assess the skill for UK plumbers, but they have been around the longest and do have lots of useful information on their website.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice

Hi Danny I have been here 10 years now mate came here as a plumber and did my gas here and have since gone back to school for 3 years to get my electricians licence and now on brink of running my own business I live in Brisbane as it’s just the place to be in my opinion not sure on the licence you will be given on arrival as it’s different to when I came but plumbing and gas is generally $32-37 an hour depending on exsperience
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris notts forest
Hi Danny I have been here 10 years now mate came here as a plumber and did my gas here and have since gone back to school for 3 years to get my electricians licence and now on brink of running my own business I live in Brisbane as it’s just the place to be in my opinion not sure on the licence you will be given on arrival as it’s different to when I came but plumbing and gas is generally $32-37 an hour depending on exsperience
Don't think OP is around anymore (not been on forum since Mar last year)